Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2014, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still not sure I understood what happened to Sayid. He died, he didn't die (the first time around, I mean ). Zombie-fied Sayid was the weirdest thing. And then he got even less attention than Jin - and that's saying something.

In a way, Sayid being reunited with Shannon in the finale made sense because they put the most emphasis on the people and experiences encountered on the island VS what they knew before it, but it felt completely out of the left field because they didn't give us any build up or hint to her still being front and center in Sayid's mind.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Digital Spy has released a list of their favourite Lost characters. Juliet came in at number 7.
I just looked at this list

most of the placements I am ok with, of course I would have placed Juliet higher, but 7 isn't too bad. I am glad that Ben, Sawyer and Desmond all got pretty high placements on the list too. I have to say that I never was a huge Sayid fan so I would swap his position with Sun's, also Lapidus was a good character but probably should be further down the list IMO
Old 11-15-2014, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know how Lapidus became such an "iconic" character among the fandom - it seems silly, but I think he has to thank the ace delivery of all the one-liners they gave to Jeff Fahey. Or maybe the audience could relate to just how much fed up he seemed a lot of the time.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:52 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I don't know how Lapidus became such an "iconic" character among the fandom - it seems silly, but I think he has to thank the ace delivery of all the one-liners they gave to Jeff Fahey. Or maybe the audience could relate to just how much fed up he seemed a lot of the time.
I love Frank. I suppose I did relate to that.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I liked Frank, too, he was a lot of fun, but he didn't get the same development or mythology connections of others so it's a bit weird to see him so high in polls/lists.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
In a way, Sayid being reunited with Shannon in the finale made sense because they put the most emphasis on the people and experiences encountered on the island VS what they knew before it, but it felt completely out of the left field because they didn't give us any build up or hint to her still being front and center in Sayid's mind.
Yeah, I get what they were going for, but as you know, I wasn't a big fan of the message of the series finale (to say it as nicely as possible ) and putting Sayid with Shannon didn't flow with his previously established character arc. Besides, I really don't think that this was planned. Not that there was ever anything planned on this show, but I am very certain they threw that in at the last second when Maggie agreed to come back for the final episode. It's very telling to me that Shannon/Maggie didn't get to utter a single word during the entire final episode.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 02-04-2015 at 09:39 AM
Old 02-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

I found this document today. It's an early series guide to the TV series Lost which was used to sell the show to ABC. It doesn’t exactly line up with how the series shook out, but it's a very interesting read regardless.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

With all the show revivals we have seen lately, I was thinking today that there's surely going to be a Lost remake of some kind at some point in the future. Would you guys be interested in watching that if it ever comes to fruition?
Old 03-24-2015, 11:24 PM
MST Manager

Thank you for the document Alex. Very interesting!

I wouldn't like to see a remake of the show with different actors.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think I'd watch the remake, either. I can get on board for those things if the original actors are somehow involved or if it's a prequel/sequel, but I was way too invested in Lost, and way too fond of what the original cast did with their characters to buy the same premise with different people. I doubt Juliet would work with me as much as she did if she weren't played by Elizabeth, same goes for Sawyer, Locke and everyone else.

Lost had its hits and misses, but the chemistry among the cast and the greatness of each single casting was a huge part of why its charm didn't wear off.
Quote:
I found this document today. It's an early series guide to the TV series Lost which was used to sell the show to ABC. It doesn’t exactly line up with how the series shook out, but it's a very interesting read regardless.
Thanks for the find! I'll take a look at it as soon as I have some free time to check it properly.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:33 PM
MST Manager

Yes, the chemistry among the cast was amazing!
Old 03-26-2015, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's rare to win the chemistry lottery the way Lost did.

I'm also afraid they'll try to make some youngster-friendly reboot and give us a whole cast all in their 20s. Although in that case all the romantic shenanigans of the original would make more sense.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, getting used to different actors in the roles would probably be the biggest hindrance. I would probably only binge-watch the show after the fact if I like how the ending turned out.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:12 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
It's rare to win the chemistry lottery the way Lost did.

I'm also afraid they'll try to make some youngster-friendly reboot and give us a whole cast all in their 20s. Although in that case all the romantic shenanigans of the original would make more sense.
Probably.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, getting used to different actors in the roles would probably be the biggest hindrance. I would probably only binge-watch the show after the fact if I like how the ending turned out.
That's a good strategy.

Perhaps I could deal with a show following very similar storylines, but featuring a brand new group of characters. So if I hate them I won't have to face them sullying the reputation of my old favorites.