Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
I hope this spoiler is not true, it doesn't make any sense, if it's true I'll be very confused Anna seemed surprised about the hybrid, and I know she's a very good liar but still Also, "another fertile Queen"? How many Queens are there?
I don't know and I think I'll refrain from speculating any further on the matter because at this point I am sadly doubting that the Visitor backstory is going to make much sense.

From Fancast:

Quote:
I vote for some ‘V‘ scoop to help tide us over for the rest for the long wait. – clairethebelle via Twitter
‘V’s January 4 return still seems an eternity away, right? Oh, those silly ‘Skating’ stars…. Remember what I previously Tease’d about Sarah, the love of Hobbes’ life whose vanishing sent him down his dark path? Well, she is what Marcus is using to compel Hobbes to play for both teams. “He’s caught right in the middle,” previews Charles Mesure. “Hobbes wants to be 100-percent behind Erica and the resistance, but Marcus and the Vs have a lot of leverage over him now.”

The Big Tease: Scoop On NCIS, NCIS: LA, CSI, Terriers and More! | Fancast News
Old 11-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I don't know and I think I'll refrain from speculating any further on the matter because at this point I am sadly doubting that the Visitor backstory is going to make much sense.
Me too

Quote:
From Fancast:
Thanks

I really can't wait for this Hobbes storyline, I think it will be very interesting But poor Hobbes
Old 11-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I really can't wait for this Hobbes storyline, I think it will be very interesting But poor Hobbes
I think it will be interesting too.

Looks like Morris Chestnut will be shooting on location today:

Quote:
watching Morris Chestnut arrive for film shoot across the street from Next Level Games in #Vancouver

Twitter / Tim Lewinson: watching Morris Chestnut a ...
Finally we're having another Ryan sighting again. That was about time IMO. So he should definitely be healthy again by episode 9 at the latest, but I think he will probably be back on his feet much earlier (at the end of episode 6 or sometime in episode 7).

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 11-16-2010 at 12:13 PM
Old 11-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Looks like Morris Chestnut will be shooting on location today:

Finally we're having another Ryan sighting again. That was about time IMO. So he should definitely be healthy again by episode 9 at the latest, but I think he will probably be back on his feet much earlier (at the end of episode 6 or sometime in episode 7).
Finally I hope we get some pics!
Old 11-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

From Susan Gittins' Twitter:

Quote:
Missed it but Elizabeth Mitchell, Laura Vandervoot, Charles Mesure, Morris Chesnut filmed #VSeries car scene outside CBC this am #yvrshoots

Twitter / Susan Gittins: Missed it but Elizabeth Mi ...
That sucks that she wasn't there to take any pictures. Lisa interacting with Ryan and Hobbes. I take it they're going on a mission together. That will be so freaking awesome.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

OMG!!! That sounds awesomeeeeeeee And Lisa is there too I can't wait!

Awwww, and she missed it Let's hope Nigel Horsley was there
Old 11-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
OMG!!! That sounds awesomeeeeeeee And Lisa is there too I can't wait!
Looks like Lisa's the second female member of Erica's resistance group. She may not be full time but I take it.

Quote:
Awwww, and she missed it Let's hope Nigel Horsley was there
Nigel is there:

Quote:
@walelia NHorsley there. Elizabeth Mitchell, Laura Vandervoot & Charles Mesure waved @ him. Said "Hi Nigel" Photos t/c Flickr: Nigel Horsley's Photostream

Twitter / Susan Gittins: @walelia NHorsley there. E ...
I can't wait for the pictures.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Looks like Lisa's the second female member of Erica's resistance group. She may not be full time but I take it.
I LOVE IT. Go Lisa!

OMGGGG PICTURES SOOOON

Thank ya Nigel, we love you!!! x100000

^
Old 11-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I LOVE IT. Go Lisa!

OMGGGG PICTURES SOOOON

Thank ya Nigel, we love you!!! x100000

^
Yay for pics! Nigel is awesome, he always takes a lot of pictures. I'm glad Lisa is participating in 5th column activities, and Ryan is there too. And of course Hobbes and Erica. A long time ago, there was a spoiler that Erica is going to get together with someone this season. I'm starting to think it will be with Hobbes. They are doing a lot of location shoots together. I kind of hope not, because I like her with Jack, but I do like Charles Mesure. I hope Hobbes becomes one of the good guys for real this year.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think Erica will be getting together with anyone this season unless it's with her ex shortly before he dies. Joe left her years ago and she's still completely hung up on him. That tells me that she won't be able to move on with her life as long as he's still alive. She's a lot like Ryan in that way. If Valerie hadn't died he would have pined for her for the rest of his life. And the idea that Erica hooks up with anybody days after Joe died is simply ridiculous to me and would make her look very shallow and heartless. Not to mention that Hobbes' storyline will be about reuniting with Sarah this season. A hook up with another woman does not fit in there in any way.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't think Erica will be getting together with anyone this season unless it's with her ex shortly before he dies. Joe left her years ago and she's still completely hung up on him. That tells me that she won't be able to move on with her life as long as he's still alive. She's a lot like Ryan in that way. If Valerie hadn't died he would have pined for her for the rest of his life. And the idea that Erica hooks up with anybody days after Joe died is simply ridiculous to me and would make her look very shallow and heartless. Not to mention that Hobbes' storyline will be about reuniting with Sarah this season. A hook up with another woman does not fit in there in any way.
I hadn't really considered the ex. That would be really sad if they get back together right before he dies. If she did get together with her ex, I hope it was after he finally believed her that there was no one else. That whole situation is just sad.

As far as Hobbes and Sarah, I'm very interested in this plot. I hope she can turn him back to being a good guy. I hope we learn more about her this year. Although not all hookups are well thought out and in the midst of a healthy relationship. Sometimes, it's about finding comfort in another person, which both Erica and Hobbes may need at some point this season. Kind of soap opera-y, but it happens sometimes.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by giveandtake (View Post)
As far as Hobbes and Sarah, I'm very interested in this plot. I hope she can turn him back to being a good guy. I hope we learn more about her this year.
But that's exactly the point of Sarah. When she "died" Hobbes turned all cynical and became mercenary. Her return will reverse that process. He will finally have something to fight for.

Quote:
Although not all hookups are well thought out and in the midst of a healthy relationship. Sometimes, it's about finding comfort in another person, which both Erica and Hobbes may need at some point this season. Kind of soap opera-y, but it happens sometimes.
Just for the sake of realism, if the writers want to write any comfort hookups then they should be writing them between the 2 characters who are both mourning their lost loves and are desperate to save their children out of Anna's clutches this season. Not between 2 characters who didn't even share one personal conversation in the entire first season and where the male party will be driven to reunite with his one true love Sarah this year. That idea in and of itself is completely senseless and illogical and would make me further doubt Scott Rosenbaum's competence as a writer.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 11-16-2010 at 05:21 PM
Old 11-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
But that's exactly the point of Sarah. When she "died" Hobbes turned all cynical and became mercenary. Her return will reverse that process. He will finally have something to fight for.

Just for the sake of realism, if the writers want to write any comfort hookups then they should be writing them between the 2 characters who are both mourning their lost loves and are desperate to save their children out of Anna's clutches this season. Not between 2 characters who didn't even share one personal conversation in the entire first season and where the male party will be driven to reunite with his one true love this year. That idea in and of itself is completely senseless and illogical.
I would think comfort hookups could happen between 2 characters who are hurting deeply and in need of comfort. I don't think they need to be experiencing the exact same thing. Hobbes also has someone in Anna's clutches this season (just not a child). We don't know if the Visitors are holding her captive, but at the least they know where she is and could potentially take her captive. As far as Erica hooking up with Ryan, it would be pretty hard to speculate, since he was firmly taken last season, so there was no flirting or playful banter with him like there was with Hobbes and Jack. (So at least for me, it's hard to tell if either of them would be interested in the other in that way). Maybe that is something else the writers could lightswitch this season. Honestly, with only 10 episodes this season, it's probably going to feel like everyone's changes are too fast or unnatural.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by giveandtake (View Post)
I would think comfort hookups could happen between 2 characters who are hurting deeply and in need of comfort. I don't think they need to be experiencing the exact same thing. Hobbes also has someone in Anna's clutches this season (just not a child). We don't know if the Visitors are holding her captive, but at the least they know where she is and could potentially take her captive.
I agree that comfort hookups could happen between 2 characters who are hurting deeply, but if the writers wanted to pursue an Erica/Hobbes thing they wouldn't have made the "she" a love interest and made her the be all and end all of his character arc in the past and in the present. That is completely senseless from a writing stand point. If anything the Sarah storyline would first have to be resolved one way or another before they can move him in another romantic direction again, which would be Erica, and I don't see that happening until the end of the season at least.

And I also have to say that if the writers were to present us with a storyline that has Hobbes angsting over Sarah for 7 episodes straight, then have him engage in a random sexual encounter with Erica and then have him go back to angsting over Sarah again then they deserve to have their show cancelled because even 5-year old children can write better and more logical stories than that. Hobbes is the one who carries the load of the Hobbes/Sarah storyline on his back. Having him engage in random sex while he's desperate go get back to his one true love would be like Rick screwing a chick on the side while he's trying to get back to his wife Lori on The Walking Dead. Or like Desmond having a one night stand with Claire while he's desperate to reunite with his one true love Penny. If anybody should have something going on the side in this thing it would have to be Sarah because she's the passive part here. Like Penny and Lori ( ).

Quote:
As far as Erica hooking up with Ryan, it would be pretty hard to speculate, since he was firmly taken last season, so there was no flirting or playful banter with him like there was with Hobbes and Jack. (So at least for me, it's hard to tell if either of them would be interested in the other in that way). Maybe that is something else the writers could lightswitch this season. Honestly, with only 10 episodes this season, it's probably going to feel like everyone's changes are too fast or unnatural.
Oh, I agree that Erica/Ryan would be ridiculous for season 2 but I was not talking about season 2. I was talking more in general terms here and if anything about a comfort hookup down the road. And with Joe dying in episode 6 or 7 of a 10 episode season I can't see Erica hooking up with anybody prior to season 3 anyway. Not with Jack, Hobbes, Ryan, Marcus or the garbage man.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 11-16-2010 at 07:17 PM
Old 11-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I agree that comfort hookups could happen between 2 characters who are hurting deeply, but if the writers wanted to pursue an Erica/Hobbes thing they wouldn't have made the "she" a love interest and made her the be all and end all of his character arc in the past and in the present. That is completely senseless from a writing stand point. If anything the Sarah storyline would first have to be resolved one way or another before they can move him in another romantic direction again, which would be Erica, and I don't see that happening until the end of the season at least.

And I also have to say that if the writers were to present us with a storyline that has Hobbes angsting over Sarah for 7 episodes straight, then have him engage in a random sexual encounter with Erica and then have him go back to angsting over Sarah again then they deserve to have their show cancelled because even 5-year old children can write better and more logical stories than that. Hobbes is the one who carries the load of the Hobbes/Sarah storyline on his back. Having him engage in random sex while he's desperate go get back to his one true love would be like Rick screwing a chick on the side while he's trying to get back to his wife Lori on The Walking Dead. Or like Desmond having a one night stand with Claire while he's desperate to reunite with his one true love Penny. If anybody should have something going on the side in this thing it would have to be Sarah because she's the passive part here. Like Penny and Lori ( ).
All I'm saying is that in my opinion, it's not completely outside the realm of possibility. Apparently, your opinion is different. That's fine. I can agree to disagree.

Quote:
Oh, I agree that Erica/Ryan would be ridiculous for season 2 but I was not talking about season 2. I was talking more in general terms here and if anything about a comfort hookup down the road. And with Joe dying in episode 6 or 7 of a 10 episode season I can't see Erica hooking up with anybody prior to season 3 anyway. Not with Jack, Hobbes, Ryan, Marcus or the garbage man.
Then I guess that leaves Joe as the only possibility. I could live with that.

Nigel posted some pics on his flickr

Flickr: Nigel Horsley's Photostream