Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2014, 03:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Well, instead of bringing V back... They should get Liz back.

My advice to ABC is for them to get some decent writers. Then tell them to write something for Liz to star in. A well written female character. Also add a little bit of humour, so Liz can laugh, be sweet and adorable. A little bit of Liz in the character can only be a great thing.

That's it. It's a better idea.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

I just read that Lily Rabe and Barry Sloane have been cast in "The Visitors" pilot. The character Lily's going to play definitely seems to have some shades of Erica Evans, too (FBI agent, son in clutches of the Visitors). I guess ABC have already secured my viewership with those casting choices if this thing gets picked up to series. Now I can only hope that this show won't go down the same path as "V" due to constant network interference and 3 showrunner changes in 2 years.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 02-25-2014 at 08:51 PM
Old 03-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't know that Milo Ventimiglia was in this, too (he plays Claire's husband).
I'm still unsure whether I'll check the show out or not, but I'm really curious to see how it will do with the ratings if it gets greenlit.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I'm still unsure whether I'll check the show out or not, but I'm really curious to see how it will do with the ratings if it gets greenlit.
I'm very curious about the ratings too. I would imagine that the show would probably struggle to survive even if the quality is decent to good. Falling Skies' ratings usually fall somewhere between 1,0 - 1,3 in the A18-49 demographic. That's enough to get renewed on a cable network like TNT, but the expectations on broadcast networks tend to be higher.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

I just found this lovely gif set on Tumblr:

Source

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 11-21-2014 at 06:52 PM
Old 11-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

V and Fringe have been cancelled years ago, but the Torchell ship is still alive and well:

Old 04-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Some gifs taken from the season 2 blooper reel:

Source

Old 07-09-2015, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

A cute pic of Liz with her "V" stunt double:

Source

Old 07-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all the goodies!

Man, I remember how excited I was about this series. How pumped I was after the pilot. I was into the whole idea of Erica/Jack.
What did go wrong?

...No, wait, don't remind me.

The cast really loved working with each other, though - at least it was a lot of fun for everyone until it lasted.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for all the goodies!

Man, I remember how excited I was about this series. How pumped I was after the pilot. I was into the whole idea of Erica/Jack.
What did go wrong?

...No, wait, don't remind me.

The cast really loved working with each other, though - at least it was a lot of fun for everyone until it lasted.
Yeah, I was pumped for the show, too but I remember my excitement taking a first big hit when ABC announced they were going to shut down production on the series shortly after they had started filming the new episodes. That was a bad sign and there were lots of negative rumors floating around at the time. Still, I enjoyed the first pod of episodes well enough but unfortunately, just a few days into the winter hiatus, we got the news of the change in show-runner and it all just fell apart from there. Looking back, it really does feel like this show was cursed right from the start. The series could never gain any positive momentum and to make matters worse, ABC didn't seem to have much investment in it to begin with. They always had a big preference for their own sci-fi show Flash Forward and made us aware of that at every opportunity.

I was never into the idea of Erica/Jack, though except as a close but platonic friendship/partnership like originally intended. That was always more interesting to me because platonic male/female relationships have become such a rare thing on television and the writers could have done some really interesting things with Jack's priest arc.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 07-09-2015 at 06:40 PM
Old 07-14-2015, 07:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree, their relationship was better off without becoming a romantic thing.
otherwise you will threaten the man." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Old 08-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toinfinityandbeyonce (View Post)
I agree, their relationship was better off without becoming a romantic thing.
Erica and Jack could have had a very complex and interesting (platonic) relationship. I don't think the show ever established if Erica was religious, but if she wasn't, they could have used that to set up a science vs. faith conflict between the characters. They could have explored how Erica and Jack influence each other or how their different backgrounds and belief systems help or hinder the war efforts. In a way, Jack could have also functioned as Erica's trusted advisor. Erica could have turned to him for moral guidance/support whenever things started to get out of hand.

I don't get the obsession that people have with romance. It's not that I am against it per se, but more often than not, relationships between characters start to lose their complexity once the romance angle is added in because the writers emphasize it too much to the detriment of everything else. Not every character needs to get hooked up, IMO. Especially not in cases like Jack, where you basically have to transform him into an entirely new character and rob him off his purpose inside the story just to make a romance feasible. Not to mention that an Erica/Jack romance wouldn't have added anything to the overall plot of the show or the development of either character ...

I have found a new gif set:

Source

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-07-2015 at 06:14 PM
Old 08-19-2015, 04:47 AM
Elite Fan

I just found this:

Quote:
Reboots and Revivals Wish List

The TV industry seems to be all about remakes and revivals right now. So TVLine invited some of the small screen’s top producers and stars to share the shows they’d like to see get second chances at life.

Laura Vandervoort (Bitten): "It'd be nice if V came back to tie up all the loose ends from our show. We did one season and left it as a cliffhanger. We got cancelled before we got to really tie up everything."

Source

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-19-2015 at 04:58 AM
Old 08-20-2015, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Laura, honey, no. Some things are better left to die.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Laura, honey, no. Some things are better left to die.
You know what I noticed while clicking through the gallery? Of all the shows listed, "V" was just about the only one (I think there may have been one more, but I'm not sure) that had a person associated with it clamoring for it. All the other shows were being supported by random people in the industry.