Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think they are going to work out either, I don't know . And I too hope she broke up with Chris before she and Charles got together
Old 02-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Actually, those intimate pictures with Charles were taken before the big explosion shoot with Chris on location for episode 6. They had to shoot those scenes of Joe dying at a later weekend because they had to shut down several main streets for it. And just a few weeks earlier we still had those pictures of Liz and Chris holding hands when they were walking to their cap with Logan during the filming of episode 5.
Lol - well, that would definitely put a negative spin on things, then. The signs do appear to be pointing strongly to an extramarital affair.

Quote:
... I won't judge her. Life is constantly changing and relationships sometimes run their course. Our culture expects people to work things out - perhaps they even tried to (we can't know for sure unless Liz or Chris come out and talk about it, which is unlikely to happen) - but, as I get older, I subscribe more to the follow your heart philosophy. If your heart isn't in it, anymore, it does no one any good to stay in a relationship just because certain institutions or people expect you to make it work. For me, personally, monogamy is the goal of any relationship - yet, I compromised this belief once despite that perspective. Sometimes, situations aren't always black & white and you find yourself facing completely unexpected feelings. Does that make it right?
For me, I don't think it's so much a matter of 'judging' as it is using 'discernment.' If we couldn't discern what is right from wrong, we would have absolute moral anarchy in the most general sense, for example, killing sprees being deemed 'acceptable' if we couldn't discern that this is 'morally wrong' to condone in society. Obviously, this would mean there is a consensus on moral standards such as this VERY obvious one, lol, and I wouldn't be told that I'm 'judging someone' if I said murdering someone was wrong - it's just discernment based on principle. Adultery is another commonly held antithesis (like murder, or stealing etc.) to moral principle. Also, while I think it's good, and sometimes wise, to follow what my heart is telling me, I think there needs to be a balance, along with boundaries, because sometimes doing this leads into completely selfish territory at the expense of other people. Plus, feelings are very fleeting - and 'love' and 'honor/comittment' is more of a decision (a conscious act) rather than just an emotion IMO. Just because one experiences new 'feelings', doesn't warrant a justifiable excuse for just giving into them, I think. Can it happen?! Sure, most certainly, but I think the bigger point in that would be to learn from the mistake - not justifying it with a lack of responsibility so that we maintain the position that it's fine to just let emotions control all decision-making. However, where one finds their own moral compass to guide them?! I guess each person has to look within themselves in order to answer that question like I will do down below:

Quote:
Who decides what is right?
Once again, I can only speak for myself when answering this type of deeper and philosophical question. I believe in the higher universal principles of a God and in spite of my own mistakes or doubts - I've always found my solace and peace when coming back to this higher moral guide that is present inside of this loving source, whenever I've gotten 'lost' off my path. Usually when I've made my mistakes, I thought I was 'freeing' myself from unachievable standards but then I took notice that it was because I strayed from the principals in the first place that I experienced consequences I wouldn't have had to otherwise. That's what got me in trouble and I'm growing and learning so that I do my hardest not to repeat the same mistakes over and over again. Although, I've never cheated on anybody inside of a relationship before. I don't want to either.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 02-23-2011 at 02:44 PM
Old 02-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally88 (View Post)
It's just that she doesn't seem a person that leaves her husband like that just for a hot guy! Maybe she thinks she is in love.. idk
Until yesterday I would have said the same thing, but all her comments about how smoking hot Charles is are ringing in my ears. I would really hate to think that this adorable family unit fell apart over feelings of 'lust,' but I can't rule it out. It either must have been a rather abrupt decision on her part or she was probably already engaging in an extramarital affair with Charles long before she and Chris called it quits. Either way, it's disappointing.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 02-23-2011 at 02:45 PM
Old 02-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Until yesterday I would have said the same thing, but all her comments about how smoking hot Charles is are ringing in my ears. I would really hate to think that this adorable family unit fell apart over feelings of 'lust,' but I can't rule it out. It either must have been a rather abrupt decision on her part or she was probably already engaging in an extramarital affair with Charles long before she and Chris called it quits. Either way, it's disappointing.
Wow. Yeah, you seem to be able to put alot more of the puzzle pieces together with the information you know. I didn't know all this but the more I'm reading, the more it appears very likely that this is an affair/cheating on her husband. It saddens me - the breakdown of the family unit like that.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Wow. Yeah, you seem to be able to put alot more of the puzzle pieces together with the information you know. I didn't know all this but the more I'm reading, the more it appears very likely that this is an affair/cheating on her husband. It saddens me - the breakdown of the family unit like that.
Me too. Liz and Chris were obviously still together at the very end of October. Liz shot the Erica/Hobbes hookup scene sometime in November. And in all her interviews from early December she was only talking about spending time with CJ. Chris wasn't mentioned. If there was no cheating going on beforehand then I would have to conclude that there must have been an abrupt break up in November and the hook up scene was very likely the deciding factor.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 02-24-2011 at 08:29 PM
Old 02-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Also, while I think it's good, and sometimes wise, to follow what your heart is telling you, I think there needs to be a balance, along with boundaries, because sometimes doing this leads into completely selfish territory at the expense of other people. Plus, feelings are very fleeting - and 'love' and 'honor/comittment' is more of a decision (a conscious act) rather than just an emotion IMO. Just because one experiences feelings doesn't warrant a justifiable excuse for giving into them, I think. Can it happen?! Sure, most certainly, but I think the bigger point in that would be to learn from the mistake - not justifying it with emotions that we allow to control our decision-making. However, where one finds their own moral compass to guide them?! I guess each person has to look within themselves in order to answer that question like I will do down below:
I agree completely about balance and boundaries...and I didn't mean to imply that only a temporal feeling or emotion might drive one's actions. It is never that simple. Usually, the gray area evolves as a result of many factors and making a conscious decision regarding those feelings is influenced by those factors. We don't know what was going on with Chris & Liz - or Charles for that matter - so that is why I cannot judge her actions even if they disappoint me.

Quote:
Once again, I can only speak for myself when answering this type of deeper and philosophical question. I believe in the higher universal principles of a God and in spite of my own mistakes or doubts - I've always found my solace and peace when coming back to this higher moral guide that is present inside of this loving source, whenever I've gotten 'lost' off my path.
Well said. I agree with this completely.

Last edited by stuckin1977; 02-24-2011 at 10:30 AM Reason: candid
Old 02-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

I don't believe she hooked up with Charles if in her marriage everything was ok! If she was happy and in love with her husband she would have never left him for another man. Obviously there was something wrong!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe something was wrong and Liz wasn't really happy with Chris. That's certainly possible, but if that's the case, it would have to mean that Liz wasn't exactly honest about the real state of her marriage for quite a while considering that she still had nothing but good things to say about it in Monte Carlo last summer. I'm not gonna say that she lied. I would rather call it 'presenting a prettied up version of reality.'

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 12-02-2011 at 12:17 PM Reason: Grammer
Old 02-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

At this point, the "evidence" seems pretty conclusive but one thought did pop into my head in regards to the timing of this. Is there any possibility this could be some strange publicity stunt for V in regards to this growing attraction between Erica and Hobbes - perhaps there isn't a real affair but an attempt to stir up gossip for V? The "reveal" of a possible L/C relationship is very "fortuitous" for the show considering where they've been taking E/H. Probably just wishful thinking that it could be a publicity stunt - and even if it is, it would be crazy for Liz and Chris to agree to something like this. But, think about how this popped up so suddenly in the public. First there was the tweet about spotting Liz with some bearded weirdo at the Met then a video shows up of them later. How many times have we seen someone posting that they've spotted her or seen her yet no real evidence shows up? Yet, this time, boom, there it is. And just before some critical V episodes.

Are we the only ones speculating about this or is the story gaining traction in the gossip world? Do you think Liz has any clue to the dialogue this has generated today? If so, I really wish she would make some sort of statement either confirming/denying an affair and confirming/denying a breakup with Chris.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know the expression "I'm speechless" is used and abused left and right, but I've never meant it more than at this moment.
I am literally in a state of surreal confusion and don't know what to say.

It's not in my nature to draw conclusions and lean toward this or that scenario/speculation easily, and I don't say this because I'm biased toward Liz, it's just that when you get access only to bits and pieces of a story is rather complicated to put them together and be sure you have a clear enough picture to understand what happened or what's going on.

When I started watching the video I didn't even think much of it because... well, we have got many pics of Liz hugging/touching her co-stars, not just Charles, and in many interviews she has joked about being surrounded by hot guys on both V and Lost. So, the fact that they were holding/touching hands could've been (could still be?) just a comforting/encouraging gesture between two people who are close. There are people who are more "physical" than others in displaying their affection/friendship without a sexual/romantic undertone.
What doesn't fit with this is the fact that they entwined their fingers - that is taking it to a... more intimate level by the way it was done in the video, or so it looked to me. But really - it's not easy to judge based on a few seconds of footage.

I really don't know what to think.
I loved her and Chris together and their family because it seemed solid and healthy to me, you can call me naive for believing what the celebrities I care about say in front of cameras and journalists but I never suspected, or sensed, that Liz's words about things going well in her marriage, and her and Chris having enough confidence in their relationship that she could even joke about her latest "crushes" on set with him, were said just to keep the illusion/facade of everything being nice and fair in her life.
But even the people closest to you in real life can completely surprise you, and all we get to know of actors is filtered by many things, so...

All this babbling just to say that we can only wait and see what happens next. I hope with all my heart that IF she and Charles have started something romantic, it didn't begin with a secret affair behind Chris' back because falling in love/falling out of love with somebody isn't something you can plan or force, but how you act on those feelings/beliefs is what makes the difference. And IF she has feelings for Charles and those played a significant part in what broke her and Chris apart, then I hope it's something deep, worth taking the decision to break up with a man you've been in a long relationship and raised a child with.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Also - sorry but
Spoiler:

Jeez I haven't been around for less than 24 hours and I feel like the victim of an episode of Punk'd.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I loved her and Chris together and their family because it seemed solid and healthy to me, you can call me naive for believing what the celebrities I care about say in front of cameras and journalists but I never suspected, or sensed, that Liz's words about things going well in her marriage, and her and Chris having enough confidence in their relationship that she could even joke about her latest "crushes" on set with him, were said just to keep the illusion/facade of everything being nice and fair in her life.
But even the people closest to you in real life can completely surprise you, and all we get to know of actors is filtered by many things, so...

All this babbling just to say that we can only wait and see what happens next. I hope with all my heart that IF she and Charles have started something romantic, it didn't begin with a secret affair behind Chris' back because falling in love/falling out of love with somebody isn't something you can plan or force, but how you act on those feelings/beliefs is what makes the difference. And IF she has feelings for Charles and those played a significant part in what broke her and Chris apart, then I hope it's something deep, worth taking the decision to break up with a man you've been in a long relationship and raised a child with.
Great post. I don't think you're naive. It is easy to put people we admire on a pedestal (I know I've got Liz way up there), and with what we have seen of Liz, an extra-marital affair really does seem out of character. She seems to be a very genuine person. But, as several of us have acknowledged, you never really know what the true state of someone's union is. I do hope you are right that, if this is really happening, it is a deep relationship based on genuine feelings of deep love rather than some shallow attraction driven by lust. She is sacrificing a lot and hurting others if it isn't. Well, even if it is based on deep, genuine love, she is still sacrificing a lot and hurting others. It's sad from every angle. Maybe this video really is being blown out of porportion, though. We can hope.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin1977 (View Post)
Great post. I don't think you're naive. It is easy to put people we admire on a pedestal (I know I've got Liz way up there), and with what we have seen of Liz, an extra-marital affair really does seem out of character. She seems to be a very genuine person. But, as several of us have acknowledged, you never really know what the true state of someone's union is. I do hope you are right that, if this is really happening, it is a deep relationship based on genuine feelings of deep love rather than some shallow attraction driven by lust. She is sacrificing a lot and hurting others if it isn't. Well, even if it is based on deep, genuine love, she is still sacrificing a lot and hurting others. It's sad from every angle. Maybe this video really is being blown out of porportion, though. We can hope.
Yes, sadly if this is true there is no way to get things sorted out without people being hurt in one way or the other. I can only hope that hurt/stress won't be for nothing, like a moment of confusion or a decision taken lightly.
Still hoping we totally misunderstood the images and those are just two friends comforting/encouraging each other.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin1977 (View Post)
At this point, the "evidence" seems pretty conclusive but one thought did pop into my head in regards to the timing of this. Is there any possibility this could be some strange publicity stunt for V in regards to this growing attraction between Erica and Hobbes - perhaps there isn't a real affair but an attempt to stir up gossip for V? The "reveal" of a possible L/C relationship is very "fortuitous" for the show considering where they've been taking E/H.
Well, after the latest spoilers I certainly wouldn't put anything past Scott Rosenbaum, but that being said I don't believe that this is a publicity stunt even if the timing is kinda suspicious.

Quote:
I really wish she would make some sort of statement either confirming/denying an affair and confirming/denying a breakup with Chris.
If Liz and Chris have split up or are filing for divorce, I hope that we'll be getting an official announcement soon. It's not that I want for them to shout it from the rooftops, but when you are a public figure, you kinda have to say something. Otherwise, things could get very awkward if a journalist asks about her marriage in a future interview. And obviously, they can't hide the status of their relationship forever. If it's over, better come out with it now before some more compromising footage or pictures pop up that could seriously tarnish her reputation in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Also - sorry but
Spoiler:

Jeez I haven't been around for less than 24 hours and I feel like the victim of an episode of Punk'd.
Let me say it this way. There's a 95% chance that there will be a random Erica/Hobbes hook up in next week's episode. If my (our) prediction turns out to be correct it's further proof of how ridiculous and desperate the writing of the show has become.

ETA:

Finally some good news again. Liz has been nominated for a Saturn Award this year:

Quote:
Best Actress in Television

Sarah Wayne Callies (The Walking Dead) (AMC)
Erica Durance (Smallville) (CW)
Elizabeth Mitchell (V) (ABC)
Anna Paquin (True Blood) (HBO)
Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer) (TNT)
Anna Torv (Fringe) (Fox)

http://collider.com/saturn-awards-20...nations/77571/

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 02-24-2011 at 06:42 PM
Old 02-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

Ohhh yay!!!!

I think Anna Torv will win this year since she got to play two different characters etc.. but I really hope Liz will win! Just a question, is she nominated for this season of V or the first? Because LOST is nominated,too and it aired last year!