Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

Added you Sibel. Welcome to the thread.

ETA:

Very sweet of Evi to let Liz borrow her house in Vancouver. They have obviously formed a very beautiful friendship over the years.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 09-15-2009 at 12:40 PM
Old 09-16-2009, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^I love the way she looks there.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Very nice of Evangeline to offer such help!
I guess she'll start look around for an apartment if V is successful and her presence in Vancouver becomes more regular during the years. A friend's house is a good solution in the meanwhile.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

Awwww, that's so incredibly sweet that they have that close of a relationship that she'd lend Lizzie her house in Vancover!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^it is. I wish their characters could have such a friendship.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

I did a little digging and found the Laura Innes interview again:

Quote:
Innes, who has successfully branched out into directing over the past few years--she was Emmy-nominated for an episode of The West Wing and has directed three impressive ER episodes--cares enough about correctness to have influenced the casting of Mitchell. Originally, another woman was hired for the role, but after they shot a few scenes the chemistry felt off, so Innes politely suggested the producers look elsewhere.

"It had nothing to do with the other actress's ability--it's just that with her there wasn't that little buzz, and with Elizabeth there was," she says. "I wanted the mainstream audience to fall in love with this woman."

It wasn't much of a stretch for Innes--as Kerry--to fall in love with Mitchell's Kim herself. "I will say that the chemistry that existed between Elizabeth and I was much better than the chemistry that existed with any of the guys they hooked me up with," she says, smiling. "She's beautiful, a wonderful actress, and a wonderful person." During a crucial dinner scene, early in the characters' flirtation, Innes even let herself briefly feel exactly as the character would.

"I remember during that scene having a real in-the-moment feeling of wanting to kiss her and being amazed that I was feeling that way," she says. "It was great. It was like, `Oh, yeah, this feels right.'

ER's leading lesbian: as Dr, Kerry Weaver on ER, Laura Innes has experienced coming out and breaking up; now she's ready to love again. (television). - Free Online Library
And while I was looking around I also found this little quote by The Beast' Executive producer Ian Sander:

Quote:
Executive producer Ian Sander says Ms. Mitchell has a range of qualities, from intelligence and sincerity to warmth and accessibility.

"What caught us was the light in her eyes," he says. "She has that. You can call it star quality, an unpredictability. You want to get to know what's going on behind those eyes."

Dallas Morning News
Old 09-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had no idea about that. That's awesome that she was chosen from another due to the fact she can add some sizzle to her character.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

Laura Innes isn't the only one who fought for Liz over the years. I still remember that Tim Allen and Michael Lembeck fought for her on The Santa Clause part 2. Disney wanted to have someone with a bigger name for the role of Allen's female counterpart but Tim and Michael didn't want to have any of that. They wanted Liz and in the end Disney backed down and gave her the role.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Very nice thread.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

I promised that I was going to post a list with quotes. Here it is:

Quote:

"Yes, I auditioned for three different characters. I auditioned for Juliet, for Nikki and then I auditioned for Naomi. But just to say, honestly, Elizabeth Mitchell is so brilliant as Juliet. Whenever you've auditioned for something and you don't get it, if you care enough, you check who they gave it to. That role was one of those where I said, "Fair enough!" because Elizabeth is amazing. She isn't anything like Juliet, and that's what's so great about it. Having her play Juliet makes absolute sense. The same with Nikki too, so I was just thrilled that finally they found something for me that worked out." - Marsha Thomason

"The great thing about the season was the addition of Juliet. Elizabeth Mitchell is so fantastic. I wasn't just taking orders from Ben, there was also Juliet and Isabel (Diana Scarwid), and other Others around - there was a whole hierarchy. Plus, Elizabeth was a dream to work with. I think she should get an Emmy for her work this year. She was sensational and what an amazing breath of fresh air she was for the Others. She's a strong woman who was also a prisoner. She had a very complicated character arc to play and she played it brilliantly, I was blown away by her work." - M.C. Gainey

"My favourite one for the third season is One Of Us. That's the one where Juliet comes back to the camp, Claire gets sick and miraculously Juliet can help us. Then you find out in her back-story it was all planned. I really like Elizabeth Mitchell as an actress. She is amazing and I love seeing her on screen. I love Michael Emerson too. That whole episode was mainly them in the flashback and it was wonderful to watch them together. I loved that scene in the kitchen when she is yelling at him. They are having this huge confrontation, she slaps the glass out of his hand, and ends up on the counter with gut wrenching crying. I got chills watching the daillies. That episode came together so well and Jack Bender who directedit, did such an incredible job. Everyone was spectacular in this episode." - Gregg Nations

"She somehow plays the girl next door... but a girl next door you wouldn't want to piss off"" - Lost Executive Producer Damon Lindelof

"With Elizabeth, I have the biggest crush on her, she is one of the women in the camp with her yin and yang intact. It's so exciting when you identifiy with each other and immediately know that you can bring your 'A'game. You can go there, and you know they are not going to back down or get competitive, jealous or angry." - Evangeline Lilly

"I was like, "Oh man! I don't want to do this because Elizabeth is such a sweetie!" But she wanted it!" - Yunjin Kim (on having to slap Elizabeth in Ji Yeon)

"I think she's the queen of ambiguity. She can do more with an arched eyebrow than anybody else with their whole arsenal." - Michael Emerson

""She’s a very smart and strong actress. And she’s lovable, which was important, because we wanted the fans to fall in love with her immediately. - Maddison (Loving)

Dennis Quaid says Mitchell did not miss a beat after breaking her nose during the shoot "She was positive about the whole thing" he says. "She's fantastic". - Dennis Quaid (Frequency Co-Star)

"She's so simple and pure and at the same time subtly plays so many complex things underneath that are so right on." - Matt Fox

"I loved being in scenes with Juliet. She was like a big sister. She's full of love. Being around her had this effect where I'd want to curl up in a ball and have her pet your head. She's one of the most wonderful women I've ever met." - Rebecca Mader

"I love Liz as a person, and as actress she's a pro. She's very still." - Josh Holloway

"She's such a great addition to the story and I think she's far scarier than Ben cause she has that off-hand coolness and to be so beautiful while doing it is just so - extraordinary." - Michael Emerson

"Lost brought a little of stability in my life. It has been five years since I am all the time with the same people. I met people whom I like, in particular Elizabeth Mitchell, who became my best friend." - Evangeline Lilly

"I love Liz Mitchell - Juliet? She is the bomb" She's really nice and I love having her around. Sometimes I get lonely and if I need a hug, Liz is there to deliver. It's like having a sister." - Rebecca Mader

When asked about her favourite onscreen kiss:

Angelina: God I don’t know, probably the girl in Gia, Elizabeth Mitchell.
Reporter: I’m a little surprised you would say that.
Angelina: Well, she’s the truth though… I think it’s just the difference. It stands out – you remember.
I think we have a couple more quotes posted all over Liz's thread on the Lost board but it will take some time to go through it all and filter them out. I hope this will do for the time being.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the add, Alex

Quote:
"I think she's the queen of ambiguity. She can do more with an arched eyebrow than anybody else with their whole arsenal." - Michael Emerson
I love this quote from ME and ita with him <3
Old 01-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Extreme Fan

"Elizabeth Mitchell and I are Lost classmates. We were the ones who were freshman when everyone else was a sophomore. I will be forever linked to her that way. I like the way she works. She's a theater actress, and we always have a good time and a lot of crackle in our scenes."
Michael Emerson - Parade Magazine

"And I was so broken up about poor Juliet. I met Elizabeth Mitchell and wanted her to be my best friend. I introduced her to my wife and she felt the same way [laughs]!"
Mark Goldman (LOST editor/director) - LOST Official Magazine

Old 01-08-2010, 04:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
"Elizabeth Mitchell and I are Lost classmates. We were the ones who were freshman when everyone else was a sophomore. I will be forever linked to her that way. I like the way she works. She's a theater actress, and we always have a good time and a lot of crackle in our scenes."
What an amazing quote by Michael Emerson. He and Liz have a truly wonderful relationship. Makes it all the more disappointing that they never had another scene after TOW. Thanks for posting.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Passionate Fan

That list of quotes is awesome! It's so lovely to read through them all at once - so many people have such wonderful things to say about Liz, whether they've only met her once or worked with her for years

Aw, Michael is always so eloquent in his praise for Liz, isn't he? I'm also right there with Mark Goldman and his wife

Liz and her co-stars

Old 01-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)

"And I was so broken up about poor Juliet. I met Elizabeth Mitchell and wanted her to be my best friend. I introduced her to my wife and she felt the same way [laughs]!"
Mark Goldman (LOST editor/director) - LOST Official Magazine

Wonderful quotes . I think i owuld her to be my best friend too .

I loev that season 3 picture, Sio.