Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Extreme Fan

I have no idea. Maybe they weren't together anymore when Chris removed the picture of him and Liz from his Twitter. Which was probably in April or May. I'm not sure.

I never heard of them being separated before. If it happened, it was probably in 2011.

The new title could be a quote said by Chris, maybe.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

All I knew was that rumour about her and the guy who played Hobbes, but then everything seemed to be okay again with her and Chris. And now, all of a sudden, she's divorced. D:

Will PM you back soon.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
I have no idea. Maybe they weren't together anymore when Chris removed the picture of him and Liz from his Twitter. Which was probably in April or May. I'm not sure.

I never heard of them being separated before. If it happened, it was probably in 2011.

The timeline I suggested is for the most recent split leading to the divorce. Pure speculation, of course. No one ever confirmed the V era split ( the "first" separation) but there were obvious signs it hapoened (like Chris changing his married status in one of his profiles.) But Chris said they "have divorced" not just separated. I took that to mean it is finalized already. In Washington, the minimum timeframe for an uncontested divorce is 90 days so that would take us back to May-ish for the filing depending on when it actually became final in relation to when he decided to go public about it on twitter. There are probably public records out there somewhere.

What struck me was the obvious exclusion of Liz in the January greeting after having been included in the November greeting by the same person. To me that is a pretty big clue they may have separated (for the second time) in December 2012. If so, that almost mirrors the speculative timeline of their first split in the V era.

To sum it up, there appears to be a V split and a Revolution split & the second one led to a divorce. Anyway, just thought I would share what I had stumbled across (wasn't specifically looking for it but found it indirectly through reading something from Chris ) & to make a small contribution to the board count.

Last edited by stuckin1977; 08-21-2013 at 05:12 AM
Old 08-21-2013, 07:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks, stuckin1977. It makes things clearer. =)

I guess it's none of my business, but they appeared really happy together, so this just seemed to happen out of the blue. They kept this so quiet. This heart definitely suffered a crack.

I hope Liz still gets to see her little boy. She talks about him so much.

Quote:
I just...

):
Old 08-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am utterly heartbroken. Someone, please explain the timeline to me because apparently they'd split before?
It was never officially confirmed, but it was fairly obvious that Elizabeth and Chris separated either during or shortly after the filming of V's second season. Like stuckin1977 already mentioned, Chris had the "he's happily married to Elizabeth Mitchell" reference deleted from his official profile page on The Edge and he removed "V" from the favorites list on his official facebook account. He also didn't accompany her to any of her "V" press events and was never seen in Vancouver again after they filmed the big explosion scene for episode 6. Elizabeth was also not seen at any of Chris' events at the time but she was spotted several times alone with CJ in the Vancouver and Bainbridge/Seattle area.

I think they managed to patch things back up again shortly before they filmed the Disney Cruise video. Unfortunately, there was no such luck this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin1977 (View Post)
Came across a posting from someone who, on November 29th, 2012, sent a greeting out to a group of people that included "Chris, Liz and CJ. " On January 1,2013, same person sent New Years greetings to just "Chris and CJ". In April, this person posted several pictures of Chris & CJ together. So that probably gives a rough timeline of the split. Seems like they didn't make it through the holidays. If that is the case, Liz was already separated by the time she went to Asheville.
Interesting. I think the timeline fits because the last time Chris wrote a tweet about Elizabeth was on December 8. I know this probably isn't my place to speculate, but maybe the "hot guy" with her in Asheville was a Revolution co-star or a member of the crew.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Interesting. I think the timeline fits because the last time Chris wrote a tweet about Elizabeth was on December 8. I know this probably isn't my place to speculate, but maybe the "hot guy" with her in Asheville was a Revolution co-star or a member of the crew.
Is that what the Asheville incident is? That Liz was spotted with a hot guy that wasn't Chris, and also isn't the rumour about Mesure?
Old 08-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiots (View Post)
Is that what the Asheville incident is? That Liz was spotted with a hot guy that wasn't Chris, and also isn't the rumour about Mesure?
There was a video of her & Mesure together in NY (early 2011?) when she filmed L&O during the timeframe of the first split. That sighting happened after the separation had occurred. Prior to the video there had been blind item type rumors of something between two co-stars of whom one was married. That was pure speculation that made more sense once people started connecting dots that Liz & Chris separated.

The Asheville sighting was earlier this year. No one really knows who she was with other than she was seen with a "hot guy". She was also sighted over 2 days so it was an overnight trip. Whether the Asheville sighting is related to the divorce is unknown. If my speculation about the greetings posted indicating a split may have happened in December then she was already separated when the Asheville trip occurred.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I like that idea. I don't know any quotes, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiots (View Post)
The Asheville sighting was from February 11, 2013. Here is the full article again:

Quote:
Celebrity Sighting: Elizabeth Mitchell
Star of ABC's LOST Spotted in Tingle Alley.

Elizabeth Mitchell, known for her roles as Juliet on ABC's former hit show LOST was spotted in Tingle Alley today (2/11/13). Anyone who knows about the alley would probably guess that she was indeed lost in downtown Asheville, but she was actually visiting E.C. Racicot-Art Sinks, a business that showcases custom handmade stoneware sinks. They are the only retail business with an entrance in the alleyway.

A first hand account from one of our reader's reports that "she was with a hot guy!" So be on the lookout. You may see these "hotties" in downtown Asheville today.

Source
Asheville is a 5-hour drive from Wilmington, which is where they were filming the first season of Revolution. She and Charles M. haven't been seen together again since that one day in New York 2 and a half years ago, so I doubt it was him.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

There are some other clues but I just have Internet access with my phone right now so too tedious to correlate at the moment. One clue would be, Chris was very supportive of Liz when Revolution first aired. But, he had nothing to say when the show returned in March. Another clue that by then they were going separate ways?

Also Liz had an interview at some point where she was asked about being stranded on an island & the person she wanted to be with was not her husband. Can't remember who but may have been JJ Abrams or someone in the sci-fi world with similar stature. I don't think she meant it in a romantic way but it struck me as an odd answer. She also included her son, almost as an after thought. Don't know when that interview was conducted but think it was back in the Spring. But my guess is they were separated at time of the interview.

When I look back, there were lots of clues something was going on with the marriage & his taking that pic off twitter was the biggest.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I like that idea. I don't know any quotes, though.

The Asheville sighting was from February 11, 2013. Here is the full article again:

Asheville is a 5-hour drive from Wilmington, which is where they were filming the first season of Revolution. She and Charles M. haven't been seen together again since that one day in New York 2 and a half years ago, so I doubt it was him.
If my speculation on the December timeline for the split isn't correct, then the February sighting in Asheville may very well be the catalyst. But I think indications are strong a split happened in December. It may be that the February sighting was a continuation of something that started before then. Or it may be that the February sighting was completely platonic. The only thing that is known is Chris described himself as a faithful family man during the divorce announcement & that has a lot of implication about Liz. Unfortunately, there's also speculative evidence through these sightings to support that implication.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:21 AM
New Fan

Come on guys, is it me or...?

I find it weirder and weirder that there are all theses speculations left and right, on the "hot guy" at Asheville (for all we knew back then it could have been Chris himself), the Twit without her at New Year... yet nobody had ever mentioned these Wondercon pics yet.

Come on guys!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balian (View Post)
Come on guys, is it me or...?

I find it weirder and weirder that there are all theses speculations left and right, on the "hot guy" at Asheville (for all we knew back then it could have been Chris himself), the Twit without her at New Year... yet nobody had ever mentioned these Wondercon pics yet.

Come on guys!
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about Wondercon pics so not sure what your reference is?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:45 AM
New Fan

Nobody think this is worth speculating, even only a little, too?

Someone gonna tell me I'm imagining things?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balian (View Post)
Nobody think this is worth speculating, even only a little, too?

Someone gonna tell me I'm imagining things?
Ah. Well we've talked a little in the past about how touchy feely she is and she's been photographed with a number of her male co-stars in suggestive poses where it is clearly hamming for the cameras. I think these shots with Tim Guinee fall into that realm but who knows? The one pic where she was cuddling with Mesure a couple of years ago (the candid location shot not the BTS still) was one where there seemed to be more going on than just hamming.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:38 AM
New Fan

Well, yeah I agree actually, this doesn't have to mean anything. But then compared to that I find weird to speculate about a laconic, "she was with a hot guy". She could have even went with him, while still staying platonic, I wouldn't have find that anormal.
And yeah touchy-feely and all that, but I don't remember on that level. Moreso when one think that there could have been problems before. It's like sending a message, is what I had think, but I could be wrong.
We don't have all the same perceptions about things, or maybe I just suck at understand relationships.