Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

Oh no! I don't want to see Liz dying again on screen! Twice on LOST was enough
Old 10-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's true that Juliet's death filled the quota of tragedy for quite some time.

I usually manage to stay way more detached/objective about movie characters than I do with tv, so if it makes for a good, poignat resolution to a character's storyline, I'll take death.
But I hate when movies go for extremely tragic endings only to add some extra drama or look ~edgier.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

I take it you guys haven't seen Liz in a certain little movie yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
That said, you could be right with your speculation - "tragic" is a pretty strong description, although Liz exagerates with words, from time to time.
Yeah, that's very true.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wait, what movie? I'm having a blank moment.

I'll take any ending as long as it's a good story.
...As long as it doesn't involve a bomb.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Wait, what movie? I'm having a blank moment.
Running Scared. Her death scene in that movie will leave you with a completely different feeling than the one in Lost, though.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ah you're right! I've seen the movie, but I wasn't thinking about that because it was a pretty quick and "clean" death. Her character there truly derserved those bullets.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ah you're right! I've seen the movie, but I wasn't thinking about that because it was a pretty quick and "clean" death. Her character there truly derserved those bullets.
So true. I know the character was played by Liz, but I was glad when she got killed. At least her husband recognized that they were sick and disgusting people, but I sadly couldn't say the same thing for Edele.

I just found this:

Quote:
15th Annual Hollywood Film Festival unveils 2011 Line-Up

The 15th Annual Hollywood Film Festival and Hollywood Film Awards, presented by Starz Entertainment, has unveiled its line-up of finalists for this year’s festival, founder and executive director Carlos de Abreu announced today. The festival’s mandate is to bridge the gap between emerging independent filmmakers and established Hollywood, and includes features, documentaries and shorts.

This year’s feature film lineup includes ANSWERS TO NOTHING” a film by Matthew Leutwyler that is a gritty drama of interweaving stories set in Los Angeles against the backdrop of a child kidnapping case, starring Dane Cook, Barbara Hershey, Julie Benz, Elizabeth Mitchell, Zach Gilford, Kali Hawk, Miranda Bailey, and Erik Palladino; “AREA Q,” directed by Gerson Sanginitto and starring Isaiah Washington, Murilo Rosa, Ricardo Conti, and Tania Khalil, that follows Thomas Mathews as he goes to Brazil to investigate encounters of the first, second, and third kind; “HOPELESSLY IN JUNE,” a film by Vincent Brantley that stars Brantley, Carolyn Neff, Keith David, Ed Asner, Tommy “Tiny” Lister Jr., and Peter Jason; “THE KILLING OF LEONARD RILEY,” directed by Payman Benz and Patrick DeLuca that follows a man as he returns to his hometown to murder the drunk driver responsible for killing his brother, and his filmmaker friend who accompanies him to document the entire journey, starring DeLuca and Adam Shapiro; “LANGUAGE OF A BROKEN HEART,” a film by Rocky Powell that stars Juddy Talt, Julie White, Kate French, Ethan Cohn, Oscar Nunez and Lara Pulver; “THE TROUBLE WITH THE TRUTH,” a film by Jim Hemphill that stars Lea Thompson, John Shea, Danielle Harris, and Keri Lynn Pratt; “TROUPERS,” a documentary film by Saratoga Ballantine and Dea Lawrence that takes a humorous look at actors 80+ in Hollywood and how they survived parental disapproval, the blacklist, divorce, debt, rejection, depression, and decades of auditions to do what they wanted to do: Act; and “THE WORLD OF Z,” directed by Brad Besser and Vince Clemente that takes viewers on a four-year journey into the eccentric life of manic-depressive outside artist Zbigniew Fiks, known simply as Z.

The festival will close on Sunday, October 23, with the presentation of the “Hollywood Discovery Awards” to announce the festival’s winning films – Best Feature Film, Best Documentary, and Best Short Subject.

15th Annual Hollywood Film Festival unveils 2011 Line-Up - "Footloose" director tribute | HollywoodNews.com
Old 10-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
So true. I know the character was played by Liz, but I was glad when she got killed. At least her husband recognized that they were sick and disgusting people, but I sadly couldn't say the same thing for Edele.
Edele remained her creepy, cold self until the very end, true.
I actually would've snapped already when I found the kid tied-up and almost suffucated inside the closet (?).
Quote:
I just found this:
Aaaand third movie festival. Good.
I'm really hoping the movie will get a decent amout of buzz and make people talk about Liz.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Damn, I'm slow. It took me until now to realize that Barbara Hershey is Naveen Andrews' on and off girlfriend.

Quote:
Edele remained her creepy, cold self until the very end, true.
I actually would've snapped already when I found the kid tied-up and almost suffucated inside the closet (?).
So true. I have to admit the way Teresa put those bullets in Edele and Dez was quite badass.

Quote:
Aaaand third movie festival. Good.
I'm really hoping the movie will get a decent amout of buzz and make people talk about Liz.
Same here. It would be nice if this movie could get her and the rest of the cast some nice exposure.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Damn, I'm slow. It took me until now to realize that Barbara Hershey is Naveen Andrews' on and off girlfriend.
If it's of any consolation, I had forgotten she was in the movie until I saw that clip they released a little while ago. I blame the fact that 99% of my interest in this movie is focused on Liz.
Quote:
So true. I have to admit the way Teresa put those bullets in Edele and Dez was quite badass.
Edele still thought Teresa wouldn't pull the trigger when she called the police. Big mistake.
Quote:
Same here. It would be nice if this movie could get her and the rest of the cast some nice exposure.
Yep. I might be just worrying for nothing, but the fact that V is the latest project listed on her resume makes me feel a bit uneasy.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If it's of any consolation, I had forgotten she was in the movie until I saw that clip they released a little while ago. I blame the fact that 99% of my interest in this movie is focused on Liz.
I don't know how I missed it all those years. I only realized it when red carpet photos of Barbara and Naveen popped up during google search.

Quote:
Yep. I might be just worrying for nothing, but the fact that V is the latest project listed on her resume makes me feel a bit uneasy.
I don't know if this is of any relief to you, but I'm not worried about it in the slightest. If Logan Huffman can book 2 movies after V has come to an end, and I think we would all agree that the show was a total disaster for him on several levels, then I'm sure Liz is still going to get offers. She only has to want to take them.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

There was an 'Answers To Nothing' premiere event at the Hollywood Film Festival in Los Angeles last Friday. Dane Cook, Julie Benz and Matthew Leutwyler were all in attendance, but sadly no Liz.

If anyone wants to check out some photos, you can do it here.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Alex!

Liz not attending the premiere was a major bummer - I wasn't sure if the main cast would attend, but seeing as some of the actors were there, I got really hopeful for a few seconds when I read about it.

Still - let's look at the bright side. We'll probably get cast interviews, and I count on some Elizabeth mentions, especially from Dane Cook.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks Alex!

Liz not attending the premiere was a major bummer - I wasn't sure if the main cast would attend, but seeing as some of the actors were there, I got really hopeful for a few seconds when I read about it.
Do you think there's still a chance that we're going to get another 'Answers To Nothing' event (e.g. red carpet premiere) closer to the actual premiere or do you think that's it?

Quote:
Still - let's look at the bright side. We'll probably get cast interviews, and I count on some Elizabeth mentions, especially from Dane Cook.
Yeah, both Dane Cook and Julie Benz had some scenes with Liz, so fingers crossed for that.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, she didn't attend the premiere I hope the cast mentions her too