Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amethyst* (View Post)

2x01 was hot. Love it.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

hey y'all!!! how is everyone? Hope OK, sorry I've bee on twitter more than here but wanted to say HI. Long overdue but I read your article/blog Sam and IIIIIIIIII Love it!!! I agree with Damon's and Katherine's reasons or posible explanation for being the way the are and why they hate/love each other.

I hate the fact that we probably will not get what all DK fans want but atleast we are proven that there is something between them STILL, when u take the time as you have to really consider all the things they have done for each other.

Like as u stated, Katherine is called a selfish person but in reality she stayed away perhaps so they couldn't really be tied to her and hence hurt whoms he loves.

I think Katherine isn't able to be in a relationship because maybe she just doesn't or remembers how because like u said being in the run for so long she is in survival mode at all costs. But we are shown that she does love them and she's risked coming back at getting killed by Klaus or hurt/taken just to help the brothers out. In all sense it's Damon whom keeps calling her.

As u mentioned ppl say she can't be trusted but such deadly plans like Original father plan, Silas, the cure, Katherine was seeked out and confided in.

I love how u point out that Damon is easily by most forgiven by fans/ but especailly in the show. But Katherine is often hated on by so many, only Elijah and Damon really give her an ounce of kindness. Granted she hasn't done a lot to deserve it in a sense by others but Damon has done 10x times worse.

I so agree with Gone with the Wind refrences, I wish I had chatted with you when that episode aired for the first time. That theme was suited for DK, many thought it and apply it to DE but I don't think so.

All in all I love your writings on this couple and look forward **HOPE*** to many more if given the chance with them this season If not we can chat about what SHOULD BE but didn't get a chance. AWWW this makes me sad LOL

It's nice to type in as many words and not limited to 140 LOL
S5 TVD Datharine is coming!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey Monica! Thank you so much for loving my articles
Some DK fans have said something interesting. Maybe its a blessing that DK has had such little focus because then maybe we would have been as hurt and as frustrated as some of the other fans who are dissatisfied with the way their couples are now written. How's THAT for optimism!

As for Kitty Kat getting such a bad rep from the fandom, I suspect part of the reason for such harshness is that Kat is a girl. Its common knowledge girls are usually judged more harshly than boys. Like the girl in the article that I was debating with, she kept saying that "Damon was bad too, no doubt about that but he is not he has changed!" and no matter how many times I asked if she feels Damon (and Klaus, she's a Klaroline shipper) is worth forgiveness, WHY NOT KATHERINE? She never answered because like I said in the article, generally, girls are supposed to be virtuous and heal the "bad boy". Kat does not fill this role, thus the fandom don't often consider her for a romantic happily ever after. Think about it. There's always a pattern in this show:

Damon/Elena (Virtuous heroine/bad boy)

Stefan and Elena (Virtuous heroine/bad boy sometimes)

Tyler and Caroline

Klaus and Caroline

A guy can escape being condemned, but a girl can't. My poor queen.

Okay as far as comparisons with literature is concerned, you ever read Wuthering Heights? Thats another excellent DK comparison. My favourite line from the book.

"Why did you betray your heart Kathy?"

I can imagine Damon saying this to Katherine! I love how you like to talk! You're just like me Yap yap yap yap yap
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't think Damon has fully given up his bad side. He's still the bad boy of MF, and even though he has grown he still does questionable things so its not like he has completely given up on being bad. And if Damon can be redeemed and forgiven for all the stuff he's done, past and present seasons, then why can't Kat?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterwebzKid (View Post)
I don't think Damon has fully given up his bad side. He's still the bad boy of MF, and even though he has grown he still does questionable things so its not like he has completely given up on being bad. And if Damon can be redeemed and forgiven for all the stuff he's done, past and present seasons, then why can't Kat?
There is still bad in Damon

It is because people think Kat is a bitch
Old 08-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
There is still bad in Damon

It is because people think Kat is a bitch
Exactly, it's not like he's just given up his bad side and is good now. He still does bad things and is pretty unapologetic about it. So if he can get forgiven for doing and continuing to do bad stuff, then Kat should be forgiven too.

I love that Kat is a bitch, makes her very entertaining to watch. Just like I like Damon being a ass, because he's pretty entertaining when he's being a ass.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother

Why change your sexy self?
Old 09-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Why change your sexy self?
Have you seen the promo for this season?
Old 09-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm really interested to see what their interaction are like this season.
Any D/K is perfect. Maybe it can be reversed - like when Damon was human in 1864 and Kat was the vamp

I want something good
DღK | K/H | BღC | fire and fire
Old 09-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterwebzKid (View Post)
Have you seen the promo for this season?
Not yet.

DK have awesome scenes. All of the scene they had together was awesome
Old 09-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Not yet.

DK have awesome scenes. All of the scene they had together was awesome
Yeah, they did have amazing scenes throughout the seasons. Looking forward to their dynamic this season though.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother

I am hoping, too
Old 09-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Loyal Fan

According to the synopsis for 5x01, Kat does indeed go to Damon for help and protection.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother

Awesome!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Loyal Fan

I think we'll be seeing a lot of Kat because Nina is supposed to be pulling double duty this season again.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top