Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2013, 01:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry about that will refrain from posting and keep them in PM
S5 TVD Datharine is coming!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:06 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't think Damon would ever not help someone he cares about, that would be OOC for him.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Exactly! Do you remember when she betrayed them in Season 2 and got captured by Klaus? Damon went to Alaric's house to find her and even gave her vervain.

Josh is right. Damon "hates" alot of people in theory. When there comes a time for him to apply that theory, he fails. Fantastically.

I noticed something on TVD. Elena does not seem to think that Damon is still into Katherine, but she question's Stefan. She asked Stefan in 4x21 I think.

To Stefan:

Elena: You never wanted me to kill Katherine. Why are you protecting her, Stefan? Do you still have feelings for her?

To Damon:

Elena: Tell me that you don't want her dead. After everything that she did to you? Stringing you along for hundreds of years?

Damon: Elena, we don't need to list all the reasons that I hate Katherine.

Its like she takes Damon's feelings for Katherine for granted. Like its a given that Damon would want Kat dead. She's so sure that Damon is over her. The same with the rest of the fandom. Everyone sees Damon/Katherine as some sort of non-factor.

Btw, I found this on tumblr!

Quote:
The difference between Datherine and Kalijah.

- Damon saw all sides of Katherine, Elijah saw Katerina Petrova. And while yes, that is a part of Katherine, people change and that isn’t the whole of who she is anymore. She has a dark side, too, but Elijah loves her so blindly that he can’t see that until it’s forced in front of him. And when he does, that love lessens.

- Damon was willing to give up EVERYTHING for an eternity with Katherine; his human life and everything in it. But he saw her dragged into that church and he had a choice: Go on without Katherine and face an eternity alone, or not complete the transition. He chose to die than live that eternity without her (not that it ended up that way). ‘There’s no world without her’

For Elijah, giving up that eternity with Katherine was easy. Turning his back on her was easy. Leaving was easy. Maybe the kind of devotion Damon had to Katherine bordered on slightly obsessive and naieve, but it was powerful. Devotion goes right along with love, and slightly obsessive or not it’s rare to find someone who cares that much about you.

Kalijah was cute in theory, but Datherine is OTP status.
http://toomanyfandomstoincorporate.t...ne-and-kalijah

Last edited by KatherineFierce; 08-01-2013 at 04:54 AM
Old 08-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

WHy are we talking about Kalijah in the DK thread?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineFierce (View Post)
Exactly! Do you remember when she betrayed them in Season 2 and got captured by Klaus? Damon went to Alaric's house to find her and even gave her vervain.

Josh is right. Damon "hates" alot of people in theory. When there comes a time for him to apply that theory, he fails. Fantastically.

I noticed something on TVD. Elena does not seem to think that Damon is still into Katherine, but she question's Stefan. She asked Stefan in 4x21 I think.

To Stefan:

Elena: You never wanted me to kill Katherine. Why are you protecting her, Stefan? Do you still have feelings for her?

To Damon:

Elena: Tell me that you don't want her dead. After everything that she did to you? Stringing you along for hundreds of years?

Damon: Elena, we don't need to list all the reasons that I hate Katherine.

Its like she takes Damon's feelings for Katherine for granted. Like its a given that Damon would want Kat dead. She's so sure that Damon is over her. The same with the rest of the fandom. Everyone sees Damon/Katherine as some sort of non-factor.

Btw, I found this on tumblr!

be strong & carry on.
Exactly! No matter what you're done to him, how you hurt him, if he cares about you then he has your back when you need it. Like how, when Damon confronted Klaus at the house and ruined his plans for the sacrifice, he didn't give up Kat. He told Klaus it was all him. Or when he rushed to her rescue when Luka was about to kill her. Or even how he asked Stefan if he thought Kat was alright or not, and Damon looked worried about her.

I also agree about Kalijah! I never really got why dude got so butthurt because Kat didn't tell him she killed someone. What did that matter? She got the cure like she planned, and it's not like Elijah never killed someone who didn't deserve it before. I think Damon is the only one who truly gets and knows Katherine.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Passing by to wish you a wonderful Sunday!!
S5 TVD Datharine is coming!
Old 08-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Here are two Fanpop articles I wrote. I think Mary has read one. Not sure though. Josh and Monica, maybe guys can tell me you guys think? Damon and Katherine - Breaking relationship tropes and undermining gender roles - Damon and Katherine - Fanpop

Why I love DK - Damon and Katherine - Fanpop
Old 08-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Here are two Fanpop articles I wrote. I think Mary has read one. Not sure though. Josh and Monica, maybe guys can tell me you guys think? Damon and Katherine - Breaking relationship tropes and undermining gender roles - Damon and Katherine - Fanpop

Why I love DK - Damon and Katherine - Fanpop
I love them both and agree with much of the stuff written. Hopefully this whole thing would be straightened out this season now that Kat is human, and apparently going to Damon for help.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterwebzKid (View Post)
Hopefully this whole thing would be straightened out this season now that Kat is human, and apparently going to Damon for help.
Lol, I love the way you said that! That's what we're all just hoping for! For "this whole thing to be straightened out."

I'm glad you enjoyed the articles, Josh. The first one, the one on gender roles, did it make any sense? Was it clear? I'm not sure my argument came across very well.
I like how DK are not the usual love story. Sensitive, virginal girl meets sensitive yet dangerous/evil guy and Good girl redeems Bad boy and on and on and on...

Damon and Katherine break every single one of those cliches.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Lol, I love the way you said that! That's what we're all just hoping for! For "this whole thing to be straightened out."

I'm glad you enjoyed the articles, Josh. The first one, the one on gender roles, did it make any sense? Was it clear? I'm not sure my argument came across very well.
I like how DK are not the usual love story. Sensitive, virginal girl meets sensitive yet dangerous/evil guy and Good girl redeems Bad boy and on and on and on...

Yeah I got your arguments, and they came across very good. Yup, Datherine breaks the mold and both are dark bad boy/girl combo lol. I can't wait for their dynamic and scenes this season, two more months left before the premiere!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

One of the reasons why I ship DK, they aren't in any cliches.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree. I think one of the reasons I love/ship Datherine is because both know and accept each other completely, darkness and all. And they don't try to/expect the other to change, but to be themselves. And they aren't surprised when the other does something wicked or bad.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

I also like how Katherine is Damon's teacher. Another uncommon dynamic. She's older, stronger, smarter, sure, but also his guide. I hope that dynamic does not disappear. How she teaches him a few things, and he learns from her.

What do you guys think about people's general opinion that Katherine does not deserve Damon because she hurt him? In one of the articles, I quote a discussion I had with a girl who insisted that Katherine is beyond redemption and Damon can do better. No matter how many times stressed how Klaus, Damon, Stefan, have all done seriously messed up things to their love interests people still consider them viable for romantic interest. Whereas Katherine, the quintessential Bad Girl is crucified. In spite of the fact that she is the only villainous character who has a good reason to be messed up, she is judged very harshly.

Last edited by KatherineFierce; 08-07-2013 at 04:19 AM
Old 08-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I also like how Katherine is Damon's teacher. Another uncommon dynamic. She's older, stronger, smarter, sure, but also his guide. I hope that dynamic does not disappear. How she teaches him a few things, and he learns from her.

What do you guys think about people's general opinion that Katherine does not deserve Damon because she hurt him? In one of the articles, I quote a discussion I had with a girl who insisted that Katherine is beyond redemption and Damon can do better. No matter how many times stressed how Klaus, Damon, Stefan, have all done seriously messed up things to their love interests people still consider them viable for romantic interest. Whereas Katherine, the quintessential Bad Girl is crucified. In spite of the fact that she is the only villainous character who has a good reason to be messed up, she is judged very harshly.
I love both Kat and Damon, they are my top fave characters so I don't mind them at all. And if they end up together, I wouldn't mind either, because Damon has also done some ****ty things to the people he love, like Kat, so I wouldn't hold anything against her. I was mad and all that she toyed with him and stuff, but if it turns out she lied or something/apologized and Damon gets with her, I'll be fine with it.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Star