Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've never heard of that movie, what is it about?
Old 10-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Sean is driving cross-country to deliver a vintage Mercedes and attend his sister's wedding when he picks up hitchhiker Nick, who just happens to be a vampire hunter, tracking down a group of youthful vampires who feed on unwary travelers. They run into Megan, who has been left for dead by the vampires. As they use her as a lure for the vampires, Sean becomes attracted to her. After Sean is infected with the vampire virus, he, Megan and Nick must race against time to kill the vampire leader Kit to stop Sean from becoming one of the undead
Its gotm Brendan Fehr and Kerr Smith
Old 10-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Passionate Fan

I'd have to recommend the Evernight series as well. It's amazing!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh that sounds good Sawah, i may check it out.

I agree, YellowRose that is a great series
Old 10-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If you do let me know what you think, I was annoyed cause they left it off where they could have made a 2nd but they didn't
Old 12-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Elite Fan

Guinevere recommended I post this here...

I'm wanting to read another Vampire book, or series, but I'm hard to please. There are certain criteria I have, but I can't seem to find anything with it.

- The main female must not be a Bella Swan type.
- The main male must not be an Edward Cullen type.
- The third main character must not be a friend pining type
- It has to be dark, with violence, lust, mystery, adventure etc.
- The darker and lustier, the better.
- A single novel is fine, but sequels are also fine.
- Other supernatural elements are awesome.
- The main Vamp would be awesome if he (or she, doesn't matter) was dangerous; not Edward Cullen dangerous 'I could kill you but I don't want to', but dangerous, as 'I could kill you and if I do or dont you wont know until it's too late' kinda thing... get?
- Gotta have romance. I'm huge on my ships. (Tho as the case has been with Twilight , VD (and HP) the main pairings just happen to be my least favourite.)

Anyone know of anything that fits this?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I reccommend Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

1st Book
Quote:
Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with an unbreakable bond to the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest and most dangerous vampires--the ones who never die.

The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a Dhampir; she is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making her one of them.

After two years of illicit freedom, Rose and Lissa are caught and dragged back to St. Vladimir's Academy, hidden in the deep forests of Montana. Rose will continue her Dhampir education. Lissa will go back to being Queen of the elite Moroi social scene. And both girls will resume breaking hearts.

Fear made Lissa and Rose run away from St. Vladimir's--but their world is fraught with danger both inside and out of the Academy's iron gates. Here, the cutthroat ranks of the Moroi perform unspeakable rituals and their secretive nature and love of the night creates an enigmatic world full of social complexities. Rose and Lissa must navigate through this dangerous world, confront the temptation of forbidden romance, and never once let their guard down, lest the Strigoi make Lissa one of them forever...

Also

Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost

1st Book "Halfway to the Grave"

Quote:
Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father – the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unlikely partnership.

In exchange for help finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner – are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side ... and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.
I'll see if i can think of any others..

Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian (Every book has a different pairing)

Quote:
INSATIABLE DESIRE. ENDLESS SEDUCTION. ONE TOUCH IS JUST THE BEGINNING.

He watches her from across the crowded dance club, a sensual black-haired stranger who stirs Gabrielle's deepest fantasies. But nothing about this night--or this man--is what it seems. For when Gabrielle witnesses a murder outside the club, reality shifts into something dark and deadly. In that shattering instant she is thrust into a realm she never knew existed--a realm where vampires stalk the shadows and a blood war is set to ignite.

Lucan Thorne despises the violence carried out by his lawless brethren. A vampire himself, Lucan is a Breed warrior, sworn to protect his kind--and the unwitting humans existing alongside them--from the mounting threat of the Rogues. Lucan cannot risk binding himself to a mortal woman, but when Gabrielle is targeted by his enemies, he has no choice but to bring her into the dark underworld he commands.

Here, in the arms of the Breed's formidable leader, Gabrielle will confront an extraordinary destiny of danger, seduction, and the darkest pleasures of all . . .

And Similar
Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward
Quote:
In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There also exists a secret band of brothers like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Among them, none relishes killing their enemies more than Wrath, the leader of the Black Dagger Brotherhood...

The only purebred vampire left on the planet, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But when one of his most trusted fighters is killed- orphaning a half-breed daughter unaware of her heritage or her fate - Wrath must usher the beautiful female into the world of the undead…

Racked by a restlessness in her body that wasn't there before, Beth Randall is helpless against the dangerously sexy man who comes to her at night with shadows in his eyes. His tales of brotherhood and blood frighten her. But his touch ignites a dawning hunger that threatens to consume them both…

Last edited by Stay to the Lights; 12-16-2009 at 09:07 AM
Old 12-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

My friend was telling me about this book called "Let the Right One In". I looked up the synopsis on wikipedia; sounds twisted. lol. I might check it out. Apparently it was a Swedish novel (translated into diff. languages), turned into a movie, and it's being remade into an American film (gonna be changed to "Let Me In"). The author's name is John Ajvide Lindqvist. Anyone heard of it?

Last edited by Izzy Lightwood; 12-16-2009 at 09:18 AM Reason: forgot to put the author down.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't.

I have read this other Vampire book awhile back, its called "Sunshine" By Robin McKinley

Quote:
There are places in the world where darkness rules, where it is unwise to walk. But the lake had been quiet for years ....
She never heard them coming. Of course you don't, when they're vampires.

They took her clotehs and sneakers. They dressed her in a long red gown. And they shackled her to the wall of an abandoned mansion - within easy grasp of her fellow prisoner.

She knows he is a vampire. She knows she's to be his for dinner, and that when he is finished with her, she will be dead.
Yet when the dawn breaks, she is still alive. And now he needs her to keep him survive the day...
Old 12-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

Oh damn. Why does that sound like my fic?

That sounds interesting, thanks Jen
Old 12-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, its very detailed, and there is alot to digest, but its really good.
I own it I might need to re-read it at some point. I so wish there was a sequel to the book
Old 12-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome, I lovvve heavy reading. Does the ending of the book feel open enough to have a sequel (without giving anything away )? I love books that never seem like they're ending and you're just like, "WHAT HAPPENS?!"
Old 12-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do believe there would be room for a sequel But it also does well for a stand alone book.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Cool. I've decided now that school's out for a bit to get back into leisure reading. I'm making a list. I'll put that on it
Old 12-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome

I have a whole list of books, if your interested.. even non vampire ones (But still paranomal/urban fantasy)