Fan Forum Star

I'm planning to re-watch in a few mins,

Anyone else?
Old 11-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I will watch it again tonight.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

my cousin hadnt watched the show, so over thanksgiving i rewatched the first 5 eps with her and i realized i needed to stop cause on the second watching of the first 5 eps, some things, well alot of things became soooo cheesy and just laughable. vd is definitely not a rewatch show for me am i only one who likes it more with just one watch? but less with a second? i think its also cause the first half was not as good as the second half of the season so far.

and about ep 1, well id say worst ep of the season. aside from some very lame lines i think it also wasnt as good an ep cause there was no damon, and he is a big part of what makes the show worth watching, whether someone likes him or not.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just finished re-watching it.

And even though it was cheesy, it was also so very cute. The last D/C scene is probably my favourite because it just seems so natural, so cute..

And well, i can watch the SE scenes over and over and never get sick of them.
Damon - Well, my opinion hasn't changed, through looking back now its evident he cares for his brother, but likes messing with him at the same time.

I think this is a show, where everyone makes up the show. Not just one, or two people.. its everyone.. that makes it what it is.

Ah Hello Vicki, the non dead version
I forgot how cute her scenes with Jeremy was in the pilot, and how badly Tyler treated her.. he was such a jerk, or at least he was acting like it.

This certainly was not the best pilot, but it was the start.. the introduction, so i think it wasn't horrible.
But i agree Sabine, considering all the episodes so far.. it would be the weakest that's just saying the fact how good the show has gotten since the first episode.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Pilots are usually hit or miss. Because they're the fillers that introduce background, people usually love them or hate them.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 12-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I definitely don't find the show cheesy on second watch. I have most of the episodes on my IPOD so I re-watch then when I'm at school and it's always fun for me. I'll definitely buy the DVD when it comes out.

The Pilot is a bit dull but it does set things up pretty well. I wish there was more Damon in it. His hair is totally different in it though like all flat and stuff but he's still awesome. I didn't like Jeremy or Caroline much in the Pilot but I like them now (ESPECIALLY Caroline) so that's good. My favorite scene is the DS scene and the scene w/ Stefan, Elena, Caroline and Bonnie. Stefan was a bit harsh on Caroline though, with the never going to happen thing.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 12-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Pilot, yes, is a bit dull. It's lackluster. The introduction of some characters were either too quick or too little.

I agree with Jen that the success of the show would not solely rely on one person, but Damon is a definitely a good addition in terms of adding "more color" to the story. You could tell that the tension increased (and also the excitement) when he was introduced.

I hated how they introduced Elena. I thought she has the weakest introduction in the Pilot. And the S/E stuff still bored me. Too forced and too quick. No build up, I hated it.

The characters that I think had the best introduction in the Pilot would be Jeremy and Damon. Jeremy's angst is almost annoying but to understand him is not hard. He's on the verge of breaking and Steven was amazing playing him part. Damon, on the other hand, as I've mentioned earlier, brought the excitement on the Pilot. The first few minutes without Damon seemed dull. You knew right away that he's going to mess with everyone. Though, you would think about his reasons for doing so. He'll get your interest quickly.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

Compared to most of the episodes in seasons 4 & 5, the Pilot was amazing.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

I have to admit that if it was for the Pilot and season1 in general itself, I probably would have not become attached to this show as much as I'm It was too simple and teenage-ish for my tastes, good thing I watched some scenes of season2 first
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 08-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

I agree. 1x10 was the first episode I saw and it convinced me to endure the show from the beginning.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Elite Fan

This already convinced me:

And then I was curious to see Kat eventually, and 1x11-1x14 happened and so on... and I knew I was screwed
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 10-27-2016, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Due to the show being in its last season I decided to rewatch the whole thing. What did I get myself into?

The pilot was so like, teen drama ish. haha. I still love it but yeah, the show definitely got better later on. I know they were trying to establish the plot and they did pretty good but it could have been a bit scarier/moved a bit quicker.

E/S were just way too “OMG LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT” for me to get invested in that early. Elena was fine, Stefan just felt so.. idk, weird. I realize he was trying to get to know Elena to see if she was like Katherine but he seemed to be in a haze the whole episode.

Loved the small S/C look though when Stefan first got to school. And Caroline’s “june wedding” was so funny. AND THE BONFIRE SCENEEEEE. “It’s not gonna happen.” Thought it was funny then, I still find it funny now. Though “not” is better than “never” and I just tell myself he was being direct because of her friendship with Elena. Caroline as a character was really great in the pilot, the ending convo with Bonnie really showed her to be more than just a superficial cheerleader. And knowing now that shes with Stefan makes it so much better. “I’m never the one.” YES YOU ARE!!!!

People kind of overlook the Tyler attempted rape scene? I mean, she said no like 3 times.

Man, I used to love Jeremy and Vicki, I’m still bummed she wasn’t around longer. Matt is a sweetie too and Bonnie was pretty cool in this episode.

Jenna is cool too, sad she’s not around anymore. Zach was a bit of an odd choice, not sure why they felt the need to add him in there. I guess just to have someone that still owned the Salvatore house?

Things got 100% better after Damon showed up. It just gave the pilot a different energy.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Due to the show being in its last season I decided to rewatch the whole thing. What did I get myself into?

The pilot was so like, teen drama ish. haha. I still love it but yeah, the show definitely got better later on. I know they were trying to establish the plot and they did pretty good but it could have been a bit scarier/moved a bit quicker.

E/S were just way too “OMG LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT” for me to get invested in that early. Elena was fine, Stefan just felt so.. idk, weird. I realize he was trying to get to know Elena to see if she was like Katherine but he seemed to be in a haze the whole episode.

Loved the small S/C look though when Stefan first got to school. And Caroline’s “june wedding” was so funny. AND THE BONFIRE SCENEEEEE. “It’s not gonna happen.” Thought it was funny then, I still find it funny now. Though “not” is better than “never” and I just tell myself he was being direct because of her friendship with Elena. Caroline as a character was really great in the pilot, the ending convo with Bonnie really showed her to be more than just a superficial cheerleader. And knowing now that shes with Stefan makes it so much better. “I’m never the one.” YES YOU ARE!!!!

People kind of overlook the Tyler attempted rape scene? I mean, she said no like 3 times.

Man, I used to love Jeremy and Vicki, I’m still bummed she wasn’t around longer. Matt is a sweetie too and Bonnie was pretty cool in this episode.

Jenna is cool too, sad she’s not around anymore. Zach was a bit of an odd choice, not sure why they felt the need to add him in there. I guess just to have someone that still owned the Salvatore house?

Things got 100% better after Damon showed up. It just gave the pilot a different energy.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

As my last post said, I wouldn't have gone past the pilot without the "Hello brother" The pilot was so boring and teenage-ish, so glad it got better later

I didn't like Tyler in the beginning bc of that and more, but I'm glad he got better later, especially in season2
I am the storm"

Anna