Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I'm excited to see how it'll all work out. How can she deal with the sun..her mother..everything..
Old 09-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Passionate Fan

I thoroughly enjoyed that!! It wasn't quite on the level of last week's, but we can't expect EVERY episode to be up to the par of premieres/finales/sweeps. Those episodes are special for a reason!!

My favorite part of the episode was definitely Caroline, and her interactions with Stefan. I had a feeling Caroline would be a super fantastic vampire, and it does indeed seem that way. I liked how she steadily got more and more confused and scared about what was happening to her, instead of instantly freaking out all at once. I think Candice did a fantastic acting job.

I find the character of Stefan so interesting. I can never quite tell where his motives lie, because sometimes he is absolutely terrifying (see: him telling Uncle John to get out of town) and then tonight with Caroline he was really sweet. I know he's always just trying to protect the people he cares about, but when he gets angry I find him more potentially dangerous than Damon ever has been. I thought the idea of him taking Elena up to the ferris wheel at the end was very cute, but something in execution seemed off to me. You must know, though, that I don't really ship them together at all, but I did feel the need to mention that I found it a very sweet gesture on Stefan's part.

I also really enjoyed the interactions between Damon and Elena - as much as she didn't want to talk about him, she immediately went when he asked, which does show there is still trust there. I also thought her saving of him later very appropriate - still too angry to go over and see if he was alright, but deep down still doesn't want him dead.

I can't decide whether or not Damon knew Jeremy wasn't really going to die. He seemed decently surprised to see the ring, but completely unfazed by Jeremy's being alive in general - whereas last season he seemed genuinely confused and surprised by Alaric's being alive. (Speaking of Alaric, he best get back on my screen soon! I miss him!) But I also thought it was very interesting how quickly Jeremy forgave Damon - He wants to hate vampires because his father and uncle did, but he loved Anna. He doesn't seem to mind Elena being with Stefan, and he has lovely witty commentary with Damon. Jeremy may be a brooder, but hating Damon and wanting to kill him takes a lot more effort than his normal apathy, and I think all those things combined are what made Jeremy forgive him.

♥jacki
twitter|tumblr|lj|icon by native_spirit
Old 09-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I can't decide whether or not Damon knew Jeremy wasn't really going to die. He seemed decently surprised to see the ring, but completely unfazed by Jeremy's being alive in general - whereas last season he seemed genuinely confused and surprised by Alaric's being alive.
well it's been a day or more by the looks of it, im sure Stefan would have told him Jeremy was alive.

still not buying the speed of the DJ forgiveness. i knew it would happen, because as Alaric has shown, attemted murder is not a roadblock to friendship on this show, but it was too soon for me.
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I think, no matter how much Elena hates Damon right now, killing is never the answer. And she's grown 'attached' in the past year.

Quote:
I liked how she steadily got more and more confused and scared about what was happening to her, instead of instantly freaking out all at once.
Oh, nice. Good thinking. I like that. She got more confused and scared as things progressed.

I was wondering why the hell she was "calm."
Master Fan

Elena not wanting Damon as her enemy, must not be confused with her accepting him or forgiving him. I would do everything he says too after pulling a stunt like that with my brother, but fear must not be mistaken for respect.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnღSara
Old 09-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
well it's been a day or more by the looks of it, im sure Stefan would have told him Jeremy was alive.

still not buying the speed of the DJ forgiveness. i knew it would happen, because as Alaric has shown, attemted murder is not a roadblock to friendship on this show, but it was too soon for me.
That does makes sense.

I also agree on one level about him forgiving him too soon, but for whatever reason it seemed oddly appropriate for Jeremy: spend all that time with the whittling and the poisoning, and then decide not to go through with it. I'm not sure what's really making me say this, though.

♥jacki
Old 09-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Oh, nice. Good thinking. I like that. She got more confused and scared as things progressed.

I was wondering why the hell she was "calm."
She seemed really calm to me in that first hospital scene too, but I think she just maybe didn't even know there was anything wrong with her at that point, other than being oddly hungry. I found her progressive freakout from the blood, to the sunlight, to the vervain VERY well-done.

♥jacki
Old 09-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Tonight was the first time, for all Damon has done, I found him simply and thoroughly unlikable. Other than him and Stefan bantering about combat turtles versus ninja turtles (hee!) and Bonnie making him scream like a little bitch, I just wanted him off my screen. And I don't appreciate that he showed less than no remorse for what he did to Jeremy, a willingness to do it again (with no ring this time, and I get the feeling from how he looked at it that he never knew it was there the last time and we're just supposed to know Elena was right he didn't see it because she was there), and yet he gets Jeremy's forgiveness anyway. Forgiveness should be earned. Not only did Damon not earn it, he did not ask for it or even act like he was sorry in order to get it.

But I agree with all the positive talk about Stefan and Caroline- that was a lovely scene, and I want more.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
Elena not wanting Damon as her enemy, must not be confused with her accepting him or forgiving him. I would do everything he says too after pulling a stunt like that with my brother, but fear must not be mistaken for respect.
I don't know if it's exactly fear. And, besides, if she let Bonnie continue, he'd be dead. No more nothing. The reason she stopped Bonnie was not out of fear.

There's conflicting thoughts about Damon for the past year, and her boyfriend loves his brother.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

I really enjoyed this episode. It wasn't as pulse pounding as the premiere but I didn't expect it to be. The Caroline focus was great. Candice rocked the episode! Vampire Caroline is made of pure awesome. I loved how she was still Caroline but with some more power behind it.

Favorite Scenes...

1. Damon/Caroline in the hallway. LOVED IT. I adore DC and I've been dying for a scene where Caroline put him in his place. Damon, who is usually my favorite, bugged me this episode but this scene was still great. He looked so shocked when she knocked him on his butt. FIERCE. (Hated how he was later so gung ho on killing her. Hypocrite much Damon. You're not so stable yourself, sir!)

2. Stefan/Caroline in the bathroom! This really stood out to me and made me adore Stefan. Candice's acting was also really great. I really felt her fear and pain. The saddest line was when she said she was a monster and was so scared Bonnie hated her. Stefan is going to be a great mentor for her. Loved the chemistry they displayed.

3. Bonnie going psycho on Damon. I usually don't like Bonnie all that much but for once I really enjoyed her going all badass. myDamon deserved it this episode. I was glad Elena stepped in though and made Bonnie see they couldn't become those people. Bonnie better learn to practice what she preaches.

4. Damon/Jeremy ending scene. I was glad Damon's humanity peaked out at the end. He seemed so flat most of the episode that it was nice to see him wake up again. I don't want these two to be buddy buddy quite yet but I love the dynamic.

5. Stefan/Jeremy at school... never thought I'd like them but they were cute. Jeremy with the Salvatore brothers is fun.

6. I've been off the Matt/Caroline train for a while but I liked the end scene. Matt saying he loved her and Caroline controlling her vamp urges was really sweet.
Elite Fan

Quote:
I also agree on one level about him forgiving him too soon, but for whatever reason it seemed oddly appropriate for Jeremy: spend all that time with the whittling and the poisoning, and then decide not to go through with it. I'm not sure what's really making me say this, though.
Jeremy's perpetually a lost soul, he's my fave and ill acknowledge that... so like you, on one level, i get it. But on another, it looked too much like he was TRYING to bond with Damon, and I can't imagine WHY. maybe it's cos Damon was there at the time when he had his 'epiphany'. Meh i dunno. ill probably get over it eventually, but after last week and the beginning of the ep i thought he'd be looking to Stefan... or maybe he'll end up bonding with both who knows.

Quote:
And I don't appreciate that he showed less than no remorse for what he did to Jeremy, a willingness to do it again (with no ring this time, and I get the feeling from how he looked at it that he never knew it was there the last time and we're just supposed to know Elena was right he didn't see it because she was there), and yet he gets Jeremy's forgiveness anyway. Forgiveness should be earned. Not only did Damon not earn it, he did not ask for it or even act like he was sorry in order to get it.
Yes. Said it better than i could.
Loyal Fan

I loved the Caroline and Stefan scene...I think they might be a new ship for me.

Oh goodness, the face KG made before she light Damon's hot body on fire made me laugh for ages. Wow. Did anyone else catch that?

I don't think Elena hates Damon that much, if she did she didn't seem like it too much.

Loved loved loved the ending between Jeremy and Damon.

Caroline so bad ass...I love it!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Supreme Fan

There was a couple of things I found weird.

Like Caroline seems more in control than Viki. Or is it the fact that Viki was just a hotmess thats why lol

And I wished Elena showed more emotion to the Caroline situation. Like Bonnie I felt her pain but Elena I didnt feel it.

I hate Damon now. Im so over him. Team Stefan all the way.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

I don't think Elena fears Damon personally. She knows that he has feelings for her. I do think she is concerned with what he'll do to the people around her and with good reason. That's my main sticking point with DE. As much potential as they have, at this point I don't see why Elena would ever get involved with him. He really needs to change some fundamental things about himself. I don't expect a boyscout because that would be no fun, but his gut instinct has to stop being to kill her friends. Damon is my favorite but he needs to grow past that.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Not only did Damon not earn it, he did not ask for it or even act like he was sorry in order to get it.
You know, I honestly do agree with you here - it would have been very, very nice for Damon to apologize, but it would also be totally unprecedented. Damon always thinks what he does is right, even when it's not. To apologize for killing Jeremy, he'd have to acknowledge that he lost control, and that would be almost impossible coming from someone who doesn't like to admit he has emotions.

♥jacki