Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Damon isn't nearly as good as he is when he tears apart humans. First with Pearl and then with Frederick
Pearl and Frederick's both became vampires BEFORE Damon did and in this show, the older you are the more powerful you are. It makes sense that Pearl and Frederick's can overtake Damon a bit more but actually I think Damon was holding his own against Frederick's. It was back and forth between them. Stefan got thrown around a bit too by the other vampire because he doesn't drink human blood. He was lucky that he got thrown into whatever he got thrown into because then there was wood that he could use that to stab who he was fighting.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

Baahh...the only thing I liked from this episode was the little SD part we got at the end. No wonder it got bad ratings.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

interestubg epi
loved the se scenes and some DS scenes
the ending kinda surpised me im curious

i was hoping alaric was gonna jump out to save jenna

{}
Old 04-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
Pearl and Frederick's both became vampires BEFORE Damon did and in this show, the older you are the more powerful you are. It makes sense that Pearl and Frederick's can overtake Damon a bit more but actually I think Damon was holding his own against Frederick's. It was back and forth between them. Stefan got thrown around a bit too by the other vampire because he doesn't drink human blood. He was lucky that he got thrown into whatever he got thrown into because then there was wood that he could use that to stab who he was fighting.
When I viewed that scene again, I'd say Damon did hold his own pretty well and was actually the one to get the upper hand and throw the guy across the room. I don't know if that vamp was "weaker" than it he should be due to all the starvation, or maybe it is because he isn't that older than Damon himself as a vamp (maybe it really makes a difference when the 'age' gap is 50-100 years) or whether Damon just knows how to "fight" better as he had 145 of practice while the guy stayed mummified. He did seem kind of surprised at not being able to take the Salvatore's down, though.

And Stefan was certainly lucky that vamp threw him into a chair which meant he ended up with a stake, for otherwise I don't think he would have been able to hold his own...
Love crime

LOGH
Old 04-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Master Fan

I think also the fact Stefan doesnt fed on human blood plays a factor here
Old 04-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kary1591 (View Post)
I miss Tyler too and about not liking MC now.. Honestly the ONLY epi I liked them in was when it began, when Caroline was drunk.. After that epi I think matts been a huge a**hole
I actually agree. And I feel so bad because I liked them up until this episode and I was able to understand where he was coming from most of the time, but now? I don't know. He handled the situation completely wrong and was a total douche with Elena the whole night.
It's like, I understand that he still has feelings for Elena, but if you like Caroline, it's time to try you're best to get over and definitely NOT show it while out on a date with them. If you think you might show it, just say you'd rather not do it and explain.

Ugh. I just was not a fan of the way they were portrayed at all.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

It really ***** me in the car when he's like, "I only came here for you." Honestly i feel like that was a flat out lie, he clearly went to spend time with Elena because we know they never hang out anymore. Otherwise he would have paid Caroline a drop of attention instead of trying to hit on Elena all night.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
Yes, Stefan got definitely lucky. But Stefan was able to overwhelm Damon a few episodes ago as well (after Damon killed Lexi). Could be chalked up to Damon "letting" Stefan beat him up, but I doubt that. It wouldn't go with Damon's pride. And, whenever we saw Damon kill another vampire, it's been because he had a weapon while the other vampire was weaponless or because he snuck up on them. I'm not saying that's a bad thing or that it makes Damon a bad vampire. I just find it refreshing to see that there are people out there who can "beat" him to a certain degree and they don't get killed off right away like Lexi did.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 04-03-2010, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

I always get the feeling that Stefan is pretty powerful but it only ever really shows when his emotions take over. After Lexi he would have been raw with emotion and anger so the rage alone probably made him stronger whereas with other attacks he's always taken by surprise. Most of the time he does hold his own with other vamps despite not drinking human blood.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

I think I'm the only one here that thinks Caroline is getting what she deserves for being such a cold bitch for so long. I don't buy her whoa-is-me routine at all.

More Anna would be good. I'm glad they kept her around. I thouht Alaric would show up when the vamps attacked the Salvatore house, but i'm sure he'll show up at some point, probably with a half turned Jeremy.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Have we ever seen Caroline really be a cold bitch, though? I think she's been ditzy and thoughtless, but never purposely cruel to anyone.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

I think I've always put them together, like she self-absorbed attitude kinda makes it appear like it. Maybe she's changing, but I haven't bought into it yet.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think I'm the only one here that thinks Caroline is getting what she deserves for being such a cold bitch for so long.
When was she ever a cold bitch to anyone?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I've never really seen her be straight out mean to someone...
Old 04-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Was I the only one who seriously did not care for Caroline's drama? I think it was very over-used.