Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The opening of the tomb was rather anti-climatic, I think. I mean, that has been a big premise of the show thus far....and that was it?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 02-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The episode was great but my only problem is how much their forcing DE lately. One episode she hates him the next, he seems more important to her than her own bf? Annoying. It wouldn't bother me if it was a natural progression over time but this is just too quick.

I think the ending with Bonnie was the first time I ever felt something for her character. I've always wanted to like her but just couldn't get a feel for her character but she might have started to win me over at the end.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 02-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere (View Post)
Yeah i felt bad for Damon. And shows what a bitch Katherine is.

Poor Bonnie
Grams
I understand now why you guys don't like katherine. I want the bitch dead I mean really dead for hurting my Damon.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Old 02-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

IA, maybe someday love. I mean, an episode or so ago, she said she didn't trust him and now she is hugging him?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 02-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, one vampire got out, I'm not exactly sure how though. The spell was still bound because Bonnie and Grams already left but whatever. Really, opening the tomb was just suppose to be about Katherine...but she's not there, little ho. Couldn't she have just said Damon, I'm just not that into you and let him move on w/ his life? In the promo, it looks like he's going to be partying up w/ girls when the show comes back.

DE HUG!

When did Elena say that she hates Damon?

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)

Last edited by naturellebella; 02-11-2010 at 07:27 PM
Old 02-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

I liked how Stefan went and sat with Damon at the end of the episode. First time I actually felt sympathetic for Damon. He's wanted Katerine for all these years. Now he finds out that she was never in the tomb and didn't care about finding him. Poor Damon.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I don't recall Elena ever saying she hated Damon.

EPIC DE. OMG. EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.
I love you
meghan
Old 02-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, I can't wait to see it.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

WOW its Amazing to me that Damon killed Lexi for no reason at all because he was careless and had no regard for human life Stefan was supposed to "understand" and bond with him as brothers but he found out that Katherine is not in the tomb is about roaming around, his heart's broken he and Elena has this "understanding" spare me. Sorry I love the brothers together as a team but I can't forget the misery that Damon caused Stefan for no good apparent reason.

I know there's gonna be a triangle but couldn't it wait until season 2? Whatever man the look on Stefan's face when Elena went and hugged Damon my poor baby

Julie: Cinco De Sexo
Dominic: That's not even Spanish. JuDo FTW
Old 02-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

Ummmm. Did you miss the last episode? Cause the explained EXACTLY why Damon treated Stefan the way he did.
I love you
meghan
Old 02-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is supposed to be a triangle. And SE got all the first 10 episodes all about them. So, now when the DE fans are getting scenes. Please just respect that it's supposed to be a triangle!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Ummmm. Did you miss the last episode? Cause the explained EXACTLY why Damon treated Stefan the way he did.
Yea, it's funny because I listen to this TVD podcast and this girl is a major SE-er and Stefan fan but she even realized that Damon is the way he is because of Stefan, because Stefan betrayed his trust all those years ago.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 02-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Absolute Fan

the ending of this episode was so sad. poor grams and bonnie i actually felt sorry for damon in this episode.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

I thought that in some parts the episode was fantastic but then I felt that in other parts it was severely lacking. The opening of the tomb was so anti climatic and then Katherine not even being in there? ... I mean there's obviously some wonderful potential there and I'm hoping they'll save it for Katherine pops up out of nowhere as the season finale and becomes Elena type of thing but still, it's was rather underwhelming

I liked that they're exploring the Damon/Elena understanding more. I especially like that it's not in a silly Elena-is-pissed-at-Stefan-so-helps/understands-Damon kind of way. Their understanding is very honest for the most part and Stefan seems to get it. Up until this episode I always would have been one to argue that Damon's feelings for Katherine prevented him from feeling anything for any other woman but I do think Elena was already beginning to break through his wall before any revelations about Katherine were discovered. I do not ship them, although I do love the dynamic. Their scenes tonight were fantastic. I don't feel like she's going in between each brother or not able to make her mind up but both she and Stefan knew that it was her Damon needed to regain his trust in, not so much Stefan.

It didn't feel like we had a lot of Stefan/Elena tonight did it? I liked their scenes together as always but I especially liked that it wasn't overkill. Her and Bonnie's scenes were pretty awesome. It's always good to see the girls fighting back. I loved the few brother scenes we got, especially the final one. It was nice to see Stefan finally feel something other then contempt for his brother.

I'm one of the rare few that hasn't warmed to Bonnie and for the most part has felt that the witch storyline is wasted on her but even I can admit that she was pretty awesome tonight. I think the only part of the Bonnie/witch storyline that I enjoyed are the parts with her and grams and luckily we got lots of it tonight. The end scene was absolutely heartbreaking and Katerina Graham really sold it. She had my eyes watering. Hopefully now that the tomb has been opened they'll drop the annoying Bonnie/Damon hints and they'll give her a nice guy.

Another unpopular opinion of mine is that I hate Caroline and Matt together. I think Caroline as a character is totally wasted on Matt and the little tiffs/misunderstanding they seem to have in every episode because Caroline is wrong/shallow/clingy is vastly getting old. I'd rather see her be integrated into the supernatural parts of the show. Maybe once Matt discovers the truth about Vicki it will happen. It's probably the only way that I'll be able to stick them for the rest of the season

Tyler the randomer made an appearance. The writers complete lack of interest in his character is getting so ridiculous. He shows up every five episodes and is a douche to Jeremy. That's literally his role in the show. I know they have bigger things planned for him but they could at least make him more rootable. While I think the show is doing a good enough job at developing the characters involved in the supernatural aspects of the show, they need to start integrating the other characters more. The whole forest party seemed completely random, even though it was integral to Jeremy's part of the stroyline.

Speaking of which can Kelly Hu and Malese Jow please become series regulars as I love them to pieces. I loved Anna and Jeremy - totally shipping them now even though it's messed up. I loved Anna and Elena's understanding as well. Plus the show needs a decent adult and Kelly Hu could sort of fill that roll . Jeremy's become awesome since he met Anna, funny.

Although I'm still getting slasher vibes off him and Tyler

All in all a good episode although not the best I've seen. This is the first time I cared little about the cliffhanger.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 02-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

With the Lexi thing, Damon was just getting Stefan back for letting Katherine be ripped away from Damon. We just didn't know that then.
I love you
meghan