Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_zelda (View Post)
I think I remember Julie saying that Meredith was cut from the pilot because of money/time issues and also because they hadn't found the right girl. It makes me confident that they are looking for the perfect actress before they bring her in
True. They are going to add her in the show for sure.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

It wouldn't be the same if they didn't include her at all.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:49 AM
Elite Fan

I can't understand how the series gets everything so wrong from the books and yet so right at the same time.

I find myself just adoring the series and everything I loved from the books seems to find it's way into it somehow. I can really see how TPTB are weaving book mythology into the show and changing it a little bit at the same time. It really works for me though.

It is so different than the original material, and while in shows like True Blood it botheres me to no end how they change things, but in TVD it just adds so much to the show.

I couldn't stand the casting prior to the pilot and now I'm in love with it. Katerina may not look anything like Book Bonnie, but she is Bonnie on so many levels, her acting might be what brings it, but when I watch her on screen I can just see little hints of my favorite character from the novels.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I can't understand how the series gets everything so wrong from the books and yet so right at the same time.
Very well said
There are a few things that do annoy me, like them showing Damon's "humanity" so early on and changing a few of the kills.
But in general, I think they are doing a fantastic job! I don't even notice that Jeremy's not part of the books anymore, and the fact that Bonnie looks different doesn't even enter my head.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 09-25-2009, 02:12 AM
Elite Fan

I know, there is just something about the show that draws me in like the books. I honestly don't think I've ever been so thrilled with an adaptation.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Passionate Fan

I was hoping they would bring Meredith in as someone who grew up in Mystic Falls and moved away a few years ago and now is back...so that Elena/bonnie/caroline already have some back story with her...also, I remember from the books that someone in her family was bit by a vamp, so they could bring that in...

I wish they would have killed Tanner like they did in the books.

At first I had issues with some of the cast choices, and changing characters, but now, I actually really like the entire cast. I have accepted it is a different beast than the books, although I love when they bring stuff in from the books. like the Vervain in the necklace tonite.

I am interested to see how the show deals with Elena finding out about Stefan. I love that scene in the book, on the roof, and I wish they would keep that!

Cant wait for the flash-back scenes. I know it will be 1800's Mystic falls and not Italy, but I cant wait for the brothers and Katherine to be together.

I really loved in the books when Elena found out that Damon was Stefan's brother. I feel the show didnt have the same punch that books had to that affect.
I feel reading the books gives the show a deeper meaning. Like at the end of the episode when Damon strokes ELena's cheek. For ppl who have read the books, I think there is alot more meaning there...for ppl who have not read them, it came across kind of creepy, but I thought it was sad.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Absolute Fan

I was re-reading, and..
Why have they changed their family names? Like Bonnie Bennet, Tyler Lockwood,..
Vickie is not Matt's sister, Elena has a sister nor a brother,
and... where is meredith?

For the rest, I can handdle it.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They surely changed a lot
Old 11-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

The names don't bother me, and they do plan on bringing Meredith in.. just waiting for the right time i guess.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

I kind of wish they'd kept Elena having a baby sister, if for no other reason than I feel this show has too many flipping people to keep track of already!

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 11-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

But i suppose they didn't want to pay a child actor if she wasn't going to have an active storyline.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

who's Meredith?

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 11-26-2009, 04:07 AM
Elite Fan

Meredith is the fourth friend in the books. But I don't think she would fit into the story anymore anyway, to be honest. They changed Bonnie's character quite a bit, so I think she's a combined version of Meredith and Bonnie.

And I think they have to change the names for copyright reasons... or at least some of them, you know. Like the ones that don't matter anyway.

I actually like Jeremy better than a baby sister, because like Julie once mentioned: you'd need a child actor and what would you give them to do other than sit around and look cute?

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 11-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
I kind of wish they'd kept Elena having a baby sister, if for no other reason than I feel this show has too many flipping people to keep track of already!
You'll get used to it hon.

I actually liked that they changed her to Jeremy. It can have better plot than her little sister.

I am still waiting for Meredith though.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnicky (View Post)
You'll get used to it hon.

I actually liked that they changed her to Jeremy. It can have better plot than her little sister.

I am still waiting for Meredith though.
Me too. I think her little sister would be useless whereas Jeremy can be a part of the intrigue

About Meredith, I like her in the books but It will be weird to see her now ? In the books, they are very close..Maybe writers will introduce her (if she'll be in the show) as Bonnie and Elena old great friend...But I think Caroline took Meredith 'place :/