Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CrazyBeautiful- (View Post)
I just finished the first book about a week ago. I am bothered by the differing physical descriptions of Elena/Cathrine in the book versus the show. Other than that the slight changes in events and locations are interesting.
not sure what you mean
Old 07-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess that in the show they look identical and in the books they just look similar?

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 07-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, the appearances in the books between Katherine and Elena are meant to be similar, but certain differences.
Like Stefan says that Elena's hair is more..brighter? and her eyes.. more blue? And the look they have about the are different. Katherine was vulnerable and weak, while Elena was strong and Willful
Old 01-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I just finished this book and I enjoyed it. It was a quick read. There are alot of differences from the show, but I just treat them as two different things.

I didn't like Elena for most for the book and only started to warm up to her towards the end. I like Elena and Stefan's relationship. Stefan is really the only character who is sorta similar to the show, but he's much more tortured in the book. I pictured Paul Wesley while reading it. As for Damon, I really hope there's more to his character because he's extremely one-dimensional right now and very, very mean. I mean I know there has to be, but I just hope it happens sooner rather than later. Katherine was pretty whiny too in the flashbacks. I like her much better in the series where she's all BAMF...and I take it they're not "twins", just very similar in appearance. Something they changed for the show when they went with the doppleganger storyline. I'm guessing she faked her own death in the book though too.

Meredith is my favorite character though so far which is funny since she's not even on the show right now. Maybe it's because I have no expectations for her character and she is also quite relateable. Caroline and Tyler's one-dimensional "villain" roles made me laugh. Can't wait for more of them since I sorta already know what happens there. I even liked Matt who just seems much more "lighter" I guess than his TV counterpart. He's not broody like TV Matt. Bonnie was completely different though and I'm not just talking about physically. She was very neurotic...and I say that with love. She reminds me a little bit of TV Caroline.

I'm just a few pages into Book 2, so I'll probably review that later as well!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

S

Glad you enjoyed the book. I couldn't stand Elena for most of the book also when I first read it. I felt that upon meeting Stefan and her relationship with him humbled her and she begun to change.
I loved seeing the flashbacks that Stefan started to have as he pondered his life now, and it's funny how on the show Stefan didn't know Damon was in town until later in the book, where in the show he knew right away.
But. I guess they had to do it that way as they couldn't wait a season or however long for them to come face to face.

It's easy to treat the books and the show as two separate things, as they are quite different.
I so would love for them to introduce Meredith as she was a great character. Very strong and independant.
I didn't like Caroline or Tyler in the books at all. They were just plain mean. Although, to a point I could understand a little bit of Caroline. Kinda like the show.. she always felt second best to Elena. But in the books, she took it a few steps further.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah susan, book bonnie def. reminds me of show caroline a bit.

i think damon and stefan in the show and books are very similar though.

i hate tyler and caroline in the books too.

and i love meredith as well!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Meredith is the kind of character where its impossible to hate She is pure awesome. She needs to get more airtime in the books.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

I can't forgive Kevin for leaving Meredith out of the show
Old 06-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

Is this book any good?

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I prefer the later books - I haven't re-read the first one in awhile because it's a little cheesy. The second and third book are better though, more drama less setting up characters.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 06-26-2014, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

This book is really an acquired taste.