Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
I don't normally go into the spoilers so unless it was put there about the dude being Lexi's boyfriend I think it was hard enough to figure out who he was and given that Lexi isn't the only person that Damon ever killed I think it's understandable that she might not put two and two together right away.
I read some VD spoilers and unless I forgot something, it wasn't known that was who he was. I think it was supposed to be a surprise.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Damon has killed people before so I can see Elena not putting two and two right away. My shipping tendency I don't have one although I'm not to crazy about couples who got together by cheating or emotional cheating although there are exceptions.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sorry, I think I'm not able to get my point across properly

I picked that scene as an example, because at the time, it was the most obvious for me. But let's run with your idea here: she was just confused and didn't understand. The guy explained.

Later on in the car, she seems proud of herself for saving Damon's life. On the one hand, she should be. She was able to take the guy out of it and Damon's life was spared. I would have been disappointed if she had let that guy torch Damon and I admire her for her courage because this whole talk could have gone a different way. On the other hand, I also see that she saved the life of the guy who abused and/or attacked two of her closest friends, killed her boyfriend's best friend, turned her brother's girlfriend and killed Zach. And those are just the things she knows about. So, really, should she be proud of herself? She saw the look on the other vampire's face, she saw his grief. She saved a guy's life who doesn't think twice about breaking your neck if you piss him off or he's hungry.

What I am trying to say is that this stuff apparently doesn't weigh enough in her mind to come up. Damon has never attacked HER, he's never abused HER, it's much easier for her to "forget" all those things because she only saw little of it. So far, he's been nothing but charming and witty, and occasionally grumpy or annoying. But never outright threatening. She's not the one who will connect the image of his face with pain or humiliation. So it's much easier for her to "forget" those things.

I'm not saying this is good or bad, what I am saying is that there is, in fact, the chance that she will be with him in the future, because already, she's being friendly with him. Genuinely friendly, not acted-friendly.

I hope this made more sense than what I said before.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 01-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

Well I guess all I can say to that is that it seemed to me that Elena was more proud that Damon now owes her. She has this over him and he can't be a giant douche to her at the moment because she saved him.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Elena wouldn't have to forget the bad things Damon has done to date him. In order to date him she would have to accept his past mistakes and trust that he won't continue to kill innocent people. All of that will take time though, because right now Damon is still so troubled over Katherine and he hasn't really fought to live the same lifestyle as Stefan, he hasn't really had a reason to. I can't see Elena dating Damon until he does begin to try to live without feeding on humans. It wouldn't be realistic for me if she just chose to ignore the fact that he was murdering lots of people.

I think DE will build a friendship now that he saved her life and she saved his. There is some good in him which Elena has witnessed, so DE bonding and building a strong friendship doesn't change my opinion of Elena. She clearly sees something in him and there is nothing wrong with that.

| Aimee
Old 01-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Elena also begged Stefan not to kill Damon. I think she believes that, no matter what the person has done, it's wrong to stoop to their level. So, if anything, I'm proud of her for always remaining true to her beliefs.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
Elena also begged Stefan not to kill Damon. I think she believes that, no matter what the person has done, it's wrong to stoop to their level. So, if anything, I'm proud of her for always remaining true to her beliefs.
That's quite true And no matter what someone has done, she isn't the type of person to let them get killed if she can help it. She also likes to see the best in people, which is admirable.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well said I couldn't agree more

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
I agree, I don't really understand why people hate on Elena She's been thrust into a world of vampires and things she thought were impossible. It takes some adjusting, and imo every time Elena has ran or had doubts they have all been justified. Nobody seems to hate on Stefan for lying to her, when considering he was in a relationship with her it was important for him to be honest. Elena was mature in going to Stefan to talk about her resemblance to Katherine and imo she had every right to remain angry but she listened to him and accepted his explanation.

| Aimee
Old 01-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

I guess I'm just very liberal on the term 'lying'. lying by omission doesn't bother me.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 01-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswellcharmed_2000 (View Post)
Well I guess all I can say to that is that it seemed to me that Elena was more proud that Damon now owes her. She has this over him and he can't be a giant douche to her at the moment because she saved him.
The thing is Damon is never a "giant douche" towards her so she really doesn't have to hold it over his head.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 01-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyException (View Post)
I agree, I don't really understand why people hate on Elena She's been thrust into a world of vampires and things she thought were impossible. It takes some adjusting, and imo every time Elena has ran or had doubts they have all been justified. Nobody seems to hate on Stefan for lying to her, when considering he was in a relationship with her it was important for him to be honest. Elena was mature in going to Stefan to talk about her resemblance to Katherine and imo she had every right to remain angry but she listened to him and accepted his explanation.
IA i don't see anything wrong with any of Elena's reactions.. I think her freak-outs are understandable.. i'm glad they didn't make her take the Bella approach, and that Stefan isn't what her life revolves around.. I'm glad she has opinions, and gets mad, and tells you what she feels... i really like Elena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyException (View Post)
Elena wouldn't have to forget the bad things Damon has done to date him. In order to date him she would have to accept his past mistakes and trust that he won't continue to kill innocent people. All of that will take time though, because right now Damon is still so troubled over Katherine and he hasn't really fought to live the same lifestyle as Stefan, he hasn't really had a reason to. I can't see Elena dating Damon until he does begin to try to live without feeding on humans. It wouldn't be realistic for me if she just chose to ignore the fact that he was murdering lots of people.

I think DE will build a friendship now that he saved her life and she saved his. There is some good in him which Elena has witnessed, so DE bonding and building a strong friendship doesn't change my opinion of Elena. She clearly sees something in him and there is nothing wrong with that.
This is exactly how i see it, couldn't have said it better myself

I think it's gonna take time, and i don't see her dating current Damon, i see her dating changed Damon, accepting his mistakes, and trusting him.. If he were to mess up, i don't see her being all "Ooops, oh well, i forgive you" i see her dumping him.. and that's good cuz Elena doesn't take crap.. but yeah, i agree with everything your post says

Specially the him not having a reason to change.. He doesn't care about ANYTHING besides Katherine, and i really doubt Katherine would disapprove of his actions.

Last edited by Kary1591; 01-23-2010 at 06:06 PM
Old 01-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
The thing is Damon is never a "giant douche" towards her so she really doesn't have to hold it over his head.
He did try to compel her to make out with him, he turned Vicki, abused Caroline, tried to maul Bonnie... not to mention the fact he constantly is a pain in the ass to her boyfriend.

Quote:
What I am trying to say is that this stuff apparently doesn't weigh enough in her mind to come up. Damon has never attacked HER, he's never abused HER, it's much easier for her to "forget" all those things because she only saw little of it. So far, he's been nothing but charming and witty, and occasionally grumpy or annoying. But never outright threatening. She's not the one who will connect the image of his face with pain or humiliation. So it's much easier for her to "forget" those things.
ITA. ICA Lynn. Because the most horrible things he's done haven't been directed specifically at her, it seems like Elena feels sort of 'safe' from him so therefore doesn't mind having him around BUT this annoys me a bit because its clear all her friends are in danger with him around and she doesn't seem to mind. I loved Elena during 1x03 when she was so protective of Caroline that's probably one of the only things i liked about her but now.. she's kind of lost me again.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

BiCaRdiBrEeZa, I agree. (sorry. forgot your name) I've never been a blind follower type, but I do wonder where Elena's sense of loyalty is to the people around her when she's fine and dandy around Damon, after all the pain hurt suffering and damage he's caused. it seems very selfish of her, IMO to be all 'well he hasn't done anything to ME so he's ok'.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 01-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

But she's not actually saying "well it's fine and dandy as he hasn't hurt me". She had no choice on the road trip as he basically kidnapped her. She wanted answers that Stefan wouldn't give her and she tried to get them from her which isn't exactly crazy given what she had just found out about Katherine and then as well, Damon saved her in a potentially life threatening situation so maybe she was feeling slightly vulnerable as well. Whatever her reasons, it's definetly not as simple as "he hasn't hurt me so it's fine".

My Tumblr
My Twitter