Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

Stefan and Caroline got through in the couples championship They're in the top three
Old 12-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Loyal Fan

That's so cool! Wow REALLY awesome that they're getting this much love Well, it is deserved

drunk on love ♥, i know you’ve been hurt by someone else, i could...

"I think Blair is Dan’s soul mate" - Penn Badgley
JASON MEWES F'KIN WATCHES TVD! Icon made out of thequeenofdrama's graphic
Tumblr
Old 12-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

The art.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Aww

Caroline: “Come back to bed..”

Stefan: “You’re almost asleep Caroline, I can come back tomorrow.”

Caroline: “I can’t sleep properly without you.”
"Never was a girl with a wicked mind", Caroline: “Come back to bed..” Stefan: “You’re...

We need a scene right when the show comes back or I'll go crazy! I need them in my screen together!

Tumblr
Old 12-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Total Fan

Our bb's made it to the next round of the Couples Championship?? So amazing! Hear that writers --everyone loves SC.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Loyal Fan

What's more interesting? The "other" couple, you know, the one that it's canon(for now)... didn't make it

I think that the build up for them romantically would be so epic, for their friendship was already terrific, can you imagine WHEN they go there? It would be such a incredible development with amazing scenes and the result would just be epic

Tumblr
Old 12-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm so ridiculously happy about SC getting to the final. It's incredible how many people see their potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon27 (View Post)
I think that the build up for them romantically would be so epic, for their friendship was already terrific, can you imagine WHEN they go there? It would be such a incredible development with amazing scenes and the result would just be epic
You're right, it will be amazing. I love slow-burn ships, the kind that gradually move from strangers to acquaintances to friends to lovers over years, so if/when SC happen they will be perfect.

And you know what, I've been thinking, and I think it's actually quite likely that they will happen. I never really thought about it before, but, looking at it from an objective, non-shipper perspective, it makes a lot of sense.

It kinda depends how long TVD as a whole last for, but lets say it runs five seasons. That puts us at the half-way mark now, the tipping point. Looking at the main triangle: the show started with SE as its main couple. Now SE are drifting apart and DE are becoming closer; DE are gradually becoming the show's main couple and given their popularity I think this will continue.

So where does that leave Stefan? What will the show do with him romantically when Elena is off with Damon? Well one option of course is that Stefan is left pining after Elena for the rest of the show's run. Which, would, frankly, suck. And it wouldn't make a lot of sense from a meta-perspective. Nobody enjoys seeing one half of a pairing sit and pine for the other. The shippers hate it because it's frustrating to be strung along like that, the non-shippers hate it because it still subjects us all to that ship. It only makes sense when it's leading up to a point where the other half starts to reciprocate (ala Damon in the first two seasons). If it's going nowhere, then everybody loses.

So the other option is to hook Stefan up with somebody else. (Another option of course is to just not give Stefan a romance storyline but come on, this is TVD ) They can either hook him up with one of the current female characters or introduce a new character to be his love interest. I think the latter is unlikely. I think introducing a new character as a love interest would feel contrived and, given that Stefan already has Katherine and Rebekah as established love interests in addition to Elena, unnecessary. They could introduce another character for a completely different purpose and she could end up as Stefan's love interest. But I just don't think they have the time to fully show that story with a brand new character. Again, it would feel rushed and contrived. They need someone who has a relationship with Stefan already established.

So, that leaves us with three options: Katherine, Rebekah and Caroline. (I'm ruling out Stefan/Bonnie because the idea is kinda ridiculous right now). Rebekah is kind of a wild card - we have no idea how long she will be around for. But I'm going to go ahead and say she's an unlikely candidate. The main sticking point is Katherine. Her love for Stefan has been established since S2 and now they've teamed up... the show might well be moving in an S/K direction right now. I want to look at this from a totally meta perspective, so I don't want to talk about why Stefan as a character is unlikely to reciprocate Katherine's feelings - objectively speaking, I can see the show going there.

The reason I think that SC is more likely than SK is because I think Katherine's not long for this world. I can't read the writers' minds or anything, but given the whole tragic nature of her character, I see her becoming one of TVD's many victims. I dunno, it just seems fitting to me. Probably in some kind of heroic sacrifice, she'll die saving Stefan or killing Klaus. Of course this is just my own guesswork - I think it's 50/50 whether the show will go with SK or SC.

Of course there is one potential disadvantage to SC in all this - Tyler. Right now it doesn't look like TC are going anywhere. I wouldn't call you a fool if you put your money on TC being endgame. But then again, what does TVD love more than anything? Love triangles. If the show had less than 4 love polygons at any one time, I'm pretty sure the writers would just crumble and die. Matt/Caroline seems to be dead and buried right now. The chances of us seeing a Stefan/Caroline/Tyler love triangle in the future seem pretty high to me right now. Or hey, maybe Tyler will be joining the choir elemental and we'll see Katherine/Stefan/Caroline. Perhaps everything I've said so far is wrong, maybe Delena will be dropped in the next episode, maybe Caroline will be killed off, maybe the writers will be too terrified to move away from the original triangle and will drag Stelena on and on (which to be honest I wouldn't put past them). But call me crazy, I'm optimistic about the chance of us seeing a canon Stefan/Caroline romance in the show's future.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:57 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon27 (View Post)
What's more interesting? The "other" couple, you know, the one that it's canon(for now)... didn't make it

"Other" couple? I forgot to vote for S/C so I haven't seen the groups...

If S/C are ever going to happen Caroline needs to connect with Stefan right now, because he is lost and when he isn't lost anymore he will remember who was there for him (and so far Katherine is that person).

Basically Caroline needs to stop acting OOC (worrying about high school instead of being awesome like in S2) and at least mention the fact that Stefan is gone from her life.

I miss S2.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierceSalvatoreForbes (View Post)
"Other" couple? I forgot to vote for S/C so I haven't seen the groups...
Stefan/Caroline were in the same group as Stefan/Elena. And won.

Quote:
If S/C are ever going to happen Caroline needs to connect with Stefan right now, because he is lost and when he isn't lost anymore he will remember who was there for him (and so far Katherine is that person).
^This is an excellent point.

Quote:
Basically Caroline needs to stop acting OOC (worrying about high school instead of being awesome like in S2) and at least mention the fact that Stefan is gone from her life.
Right. I can tolerate the fact that she hasn't mentioned him as of yet, since she has had other stuff going on (getting tortured by her Dad, Tyler becoming a Hybrid), but it's something that needs to be addressed very quickly when the show returns. The show seems to have forgotten that it's not just Elena that has lost her boyfriend - Caroline has lost her best friend. Plus, after everything Stefan did for Caroline after she turned, it only seems right that she help him now he's in trouble.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Void (View Post)
I'm so ridiculously happy about SC getting to the final. It's incredible how many people see their potential.

You're right, it will be amazing. I love slow-burn ships, the kind that gradually move from strangers to acquaintances to friends to lovers over years, so if/when SC happen they will be perfect.

And you know what, I've been thinking, and I think it's actually quite likely that they will happen. I never really thought about it before, but, looking at it from an objective, non-shipper perspective, it makes a lot of sense.

It kinda depends how long TVD as a whole last for, but lets say it runs five seasons. That puts us at the half-way mark now, the tipping point. Looking at the main triangle: the show started with SE as its main couple. Now SE are drifting apart and DE are becoming closer; DE are gradually becoming the show's main couple and given their popularity I think this will continue.

So where does that leave Stefan? What will the show do with him romantically when Elena is off with Damon? Well one option of course is that Stefan is left pining after Elena for the rest of the show's run. Which, would, frankly, suck. And it wouldn't make a lot of sense from a meta-perspective. Nobody enjoys seeing one half of a pairing sit and pine for the other. The shippers hate it because it's frustrating to be strung along like that, the non-shippers hate it because it still subjects us all to that ship. It only makes sense when it's leading up to a point where the other half starts to reciprocate (ala Damon in the first two seasons). If it's going nowhere, then everybody loses.

So the other option is to hook Stefan up with somebody else. (Another option of course is to just not give Stefan a romance storyline but come on, this is TVD ) They can either hook him up with one of the current female characters or introduce a new character to be his love interest. I think the latter is unlikely. I think introducing a new character as a love interest would feel contrived and, given that Stefan already has Katherine and Rebekah as established love interests in addition to Elena, unnecessary. They could introduce another character for a completely different purpose and she could end up as Stefan's love interest. But I just don't think they have the time to fully show that story with a brand new character. Again, it would feel rushed and contrived. They need someone who has a relationship with Stefan already established.

So, that leaves us with three options: Katherine, Rebekah and Caroline. (I'm ruling out Stefan/Bonnie because the idea is kinda ridiculous right now). Rebekah is kind of a wild card - we have no idea how long she will be around for. But I'm going to go ahead and say she's an unlikely candidate. The main sticking point is Katherine. Her love for Stefan has been established since S2 and now they've teamed up... the show might well be moving in an S/K direction right now. I want to look at this from a totally meta perspective, so I don't want to talk about why Stefan as a character is unlikely to reciprocate Katherine's feelings - objectively speaking, I can see the show going there.

The reason I think that SC is more likely than SK is because I think Katherine's not long for this world. I can't read the writers' minds or anything, but given the whole tragic nature of her character, I see her becoming one of TVD's many victims. I dunno, it just seems fitting to me. Probably in some kind of heroic sacrifice, she'll die saving Stefan or killing Klaus. Of course this is just my own guesswork - I think it's 50/50 whether the show will go with SK or SC.

Of course there is one potential disadvantage to SC in all this - Tyler. Right now it doesn't look like TC are going anywhere. I wouldn't call you a fool if you put your money on TC being endgame. But then again, what does TVD love more than anything? Love triangles. If the show had less than 4 love polygons at any one time, I'm pretty sure the writers would just crumble and die. Matt/Caroline seems to be dead and buried right now. The chances of us seeing a Stefan/Caroline/Tyler love triangle in the future seem pretty high to me right now. Or hey, maybe Tyler will be joining the choir elemental and we'll see Katherine/Stefan/Caroline. Perhaps everything I've said so far is wrong, maybe Delena will be dropped in the next episode, maybe Caroline will be killed off, maybe the writers will be too terrified to move away from the original triangle and will drag Stelena on and on (which to be honest I wouldn't put past them). But call me crazy, I'm optimistic about the chance of us seeing a canon Stefan/Caroline romance in the show's future.

YES to all of this! I agree with the logical way you saw their relationship and all the obstacles we have... but like you said, it's impossible not to see something for them in the future because the way the show is written they just make SO MUCH SENSE! Even if it's not related, you can see storylines being made that can make their paths cross and when it does... it can be the show's maybe greatest triumph Everything is there for them to happen, for them to be one of the greatest couples ever, all they need to do is have a good development. And TVD writers can do that if they want, we've seen it with DE. I do believe the show will run for 5 seasons, perhaps even 6 so I think it's highly unlikely that we'll have to endure the same couples over and over again because nobody likes to see that in a long run. So at some point they will have to take risks and I think that with SC it wouldn't even be a risk, but a perfect shot being given

Tumblr
Old 12-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey all! Don't post on FF much, but I'm really happy to see that S/C excelled to the next CC round!!! The SC ship is pretty popular but we're also complacent and quiet, so I just wish the writers are aware about how loved they are! Anyhow, a lot of people I know are sending SC-related tweets to the writers these days -- hey, a bit of appreciation from the fans about these two won't hurt them at all! Oh and Julie Plec asked me to send her some fanvideos, so I did add quite a few Stefan/Caroline ones to the list (3 to be exact, but the general videos I added and the Stefan one, were Steroline-ish, too ) The more SC-loving the merrier!

Mariah Twitter Tumblr
Love is friendship set on fire
Old 12-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh so you're the one who sent the videos? That's AWESOME! Those Steroline videos you picked are great and I see that you picked the ones that show a lot of parallels between them which is great because now she can see how much they are alike

That's really cool that people are sending tweets about SC to the writers, to show our love for SC is the best way to get something

I really can't wait for the show to come back, I'm feeling we might have a great second half with SC

Tumblr
Old 12-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't BELIEVE we got through to the next round That is SO amazing, I figured ... some other couple would get through but yay

I haven't been here in ages though I still love my OTP, seems like FF doesn't like letting me post much though

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 12-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Sheida! So long since you've been here! I know you're active on Tumblr but it's good to see you here again

It's pretty awesome that we got through huh? It shows the power that the SC shippers have I hope the writers see that soon

Tumblr
Old 12-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

I would love if Caroline helped bring back Stefan's humanity and helps him out with the Klaus debacle. A scene like this would be great

+