Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Vampie Diaries 1x22 "Founders Day" (SEASON FINALE) Thread #2 - Airs May 13th

FOUNDER’S DAY TURNS DEADLY – Founder’s Day has finally arrived, and everyone is busy with last-minute preparations for floats and fireworks. Stefan is uncomfortable with Damon’s new attitude toward Elena, but Elena is more concerned about repairing her relationship with Jeremy. Jeremy is worried about Anna, but not sure he’s on board with her latest plan for the future. While Caroline is enjoying her day as Queen of the celebration, she also tries to help Matt and Tyler get their friendship back on track. Finally, although Damon and Alaric do their best to stop him, Johnathan Gilbert sets a plan in motion that brings Founder’s Day to an end amid chaos, destruction and death.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Previous Thread.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I WISH come S2 we'll learn that Uncle J is indeed DEAD and Jeremy is a VAMPIRE now and that was the end of the "Gilbert line". I would like nothing more than the Gilbert men 'dying' on the same day Pearl's daughter Anna was 'killed' for real. But, alas, I know it won't happen...

I really wish to see Jeremy as a vampire, though. If left a human, he'll be even more depressed and whiny than he is now. I'd like him to turn and after initially creating quite a mess for Salvatore brothers and Elena to clean up as he embraces his vampirism fully, I'd like him to calm down a bit and move in with the Salvatores so he can annoy them as they baby-sit him.

I kind of have Jessica-Billy-Eric visions when I think of Jeremy-Stefan-Damon. I think because they bonded more when he was 'human' and because Damon IS the residen human-blood drinking older stronger bad-ass vampire Jeremy would have more respect for him and would listen to him more (though he'd have attitude towards him too and there would lots of bickering) but Stefan, he'd totally drive insane. And having to play referee to 2 "younger brothers" would in turn drive Damon insane.

Seriously though, I think the dynamic between the 3 boys would be interesting to watch if Jeremy was to become a vampire. I think it could help Stefan & Damon bond. And it could make for some great humor probably. And then there is the Elena angle...

Katherine: I don't think she is back because of Salvatores. If she was THAT interested in either one of them she'd make an appearence long before. Besides, I really doubt Isobel would tell her "my little daughter has your two ex-beaus wrapped around her finger and my ex is planning to off them as per my request". Isobel wants the Salvatores dead, not Elena & Uncle J. So, I think she is back in Mystic Falls for her own reasons. And maybe it is as 'lame' as, "now that he killed the tomb vampires and I'm done with him, I better go kill this vampire hunter before he becomes a threat to me in any way or form" but I think there will be more to her return. But I do think she killed Uncle J just because he IS a vampire hater and hunter and she really can't be bothered to 'watch out' for him herself, so better get rid off the nuisance when she could. It's very similar to how Damon approaches such problems himself.

I know some think the Mayor may be alive and that it was him who we saw trying to leave the fire but I thought that was the "yay, I may be about to die but I gotta snap the Mayor's neck" vamp, who was, like Damon at the far end of the room and thus 'away' from the flames. He tried to go make use of the clearence Bonnie has opened for Damon and Stefan but because her spell came to an end at that point, the flames all went up in full force so he burned to death. And I think the idea was to create the "they got out at just the nick of time for Bonnie couldn't keep up the spell any longer" affect... Though, I may be wrong.
Love crime

LOGH
Old 05-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

im really excited for next season. this was a very good finale. so many WTF moments... especially the end with damon and then jon.

did anyone else kind of see the "cutting of the hand" thing coming? katherine had a knife in her hand and she stared at the ring, so i was thinking, omg... is she gonna cut his finger off?! [thinking it was elena the entire time lol] and then when she cut his hand off, i was like omg wat?! and then it clicked that it was katherine, lol.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought to myself that I've been watching too much Supernatural because they've been cutting off horseman's fingers for the past few episodes and that's all I could see.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 05-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi! I'm Kim, and I'm new to the forums. But I've been in love with the Vampire Diaries since it first came out, and I haven't stopped supporting DE since.

the Vampire Diaries doesn't air in my country yet, so I've been forced to stalk internet sites and find download-able versions of it. Last night, I FINALLY found one for the season finale.

Here are my thoughts:

Anna (Malese Jow) was an amazing addition to the cast. She was one of the few characters that had the guts and acting chops to rival Damon/Ian in a scene. I hate that she was killed off so soon; and it wasn’t even tastefully done. Although I do understand where it was coming from. With Pearl dead (which I still think was extremely premature), there wasn’t really much of a story line for Anna if you don’t count her ‘relationship’ with Jeremy (which I didn’t really enjoy watching, to be honest)

Jeremy has been getting on my nerves. His whining and all-around bitchy personality was originally understandable. But at this point, it’s getting extremely overdone. I’m glad that he took the pills. Him as a brooding vampire would be much better than an annoying little brother. Elena’s life is filled with the brim with drama that actually matters . Adding a whining little brother to that equation would be too much – and extremely unneeded.

Damon & Elena. I’ve always loved this pairing. I’ve always loved pairings that put two people who aren’t supposed to be together, but still have fiery and palpable chemistry. Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev have excellent chemistry together, mainly for the fact that they have the same chemistry offscreen. I love the pairing, and I love how the writers have tastefully executed it so far. I’ll admit I was disappointed that the kiss wasn’t REALLY a D/E kiss, but I understand its importance. Even if it was Katharine and not Elena, those words he said and the kiss were meant for Elena. Which confirms Damon’s growing feelings for Elena. If it had truly been Elena, I don’t think it would have been much different. It would be more tentative, but Elena does truly care for him as well. In Gossip Girl, I’ve always loved NatexSerena since I read the books, and always believed they were meant to be. This season, they finally got together, but the writer’s made it all about nonessential things. They are constantly fighting, and it depresses me. They waited three seasons to put them together, and what’s worse, is when they finally did get together, it was horribly done. I can’t stand it; and at this point I have stopped watching. I truly hope that the writers of VD continue doing what their doing; and continue to keep D/E’s relationship slow but have ever small event be monumental for their ultimate relationship. Because, honestly, they’re the reason I watch the show. Little things like her feet on his lap, him holding her hand, and etc can be more powerful than a kiss because of the nonchalance and because of how they were executed. I hope they continue with this; it would be horrible if the magic of their pairing is thwarted and ruined in the next season.

Stefan & Elena was a good pairing in the beginning. They had some chemistry, and it was kind of believable in the beginning. But now, I’m getting tired of it. They may be one of the most boring pairings I’ve seen in any show. Sure, they love each other, but it hasn’t exactly been proven. I don’t feel the same fire between them as I see between Elena and Damon. Maybe I’m just imagining it; but it seems kind of forced. Maybe Elena does love him, but given a chance, I think she could love Damon so much more. Stefan is constantly pushing her away when it comes to his vampirism, wanting to shield her from him. But Damon? He wants her to accept him, all of him. And she does accept him. I think the reason why Elena refuses to accept her more-than-platonic feelings for Damon, is because Stefan is the safe route. Stefan is constant, and is easy. He’s safe. There’s a small chance of heartbreak, and it ensures survival. I think she kind of believes that being with Damon would put her in the line of fire, because she would be putting her heart in her hand, extending it, and hoping it won’t be taken advantage of. Putting distance between him and her heart is the only way to ensure strength, to guarantee survival…to avoid getting hurt.

Katharine She’s a necessary component of the Vampire Diaries. Without her, the Salvatore brother’s wouldn’t have taken any initial interest in Elena. Without her, they wouldn’t have returned. Without her, there would be no angst. She MADE the Salvatore brothers who they are. The brooding Stefan who fell in love and lost her; and the vengeful Damon who was driven to almost lose his humanity. She left them broken (Damon more than Stefan) and it has indirectly been placed on Elena’s shoulders to nurture them back to health. Katharine’s appearance was expected (though I wish she didn’t have to kiss Damon under the pretense of being Elena, since that basically shattered my mind) and was executed well. I did see an eerie difference between Katharine and Elena during the Damon scene. The small facial expressions and short comments were unlike Elena; and I knew something was off. When she killed Uncle John, I was convinced (OF COURSE.) I think Nina does a good job at differentiating between the two of them; and I know Katharine will have a huge role in season 2. Her arrival in Mystic Falls heralds more angst-driven subplots, and even more love-quadrangle for the three heros and heroines. She’s back people!

Bonnie Though it is technically her fault that all this happened, can you imagine if she had stopped the spell? The Tomb vamps would have killed the founding family (gilberts included) and the entire town would be alerted to a vampire presence in town. Eventually, the salvatores would be sniffed out, and that would not be pretty. Her dishonesty was necessary, but could have been avoided. But Damon and Stefan are fine; Elena is safe, and the characters that truly matter in the world of the Vampire Diaries survived the ordeal stronger and with a bigger sense of what’s important in their lives. Good job writers!

WOW that was a lot of writing. Feedback on what I said would WILDLY appreciated. I love this forum; no one in my school understands Vampire Diaries or follows it as much as I do, and I’m glad I finally found a community that does.

Thanks Mods for making such a wonderful environment for fans like me to express their dire need to talk about the show! Much love!

-Kim

PS: When is VD returning in the fall?! ..MAYBE THEY'LL RETURN TO US TOMORROW!
shooting stars?
| Damon♥Elena | Nate♥Serena | Puck♥Rachel | Liam♥Annie | Ian♥Nina | Chace♥Blake | Mark♥Lea |
Kim| Team DE

Last edited by Kswizzled; 05-14-2010 at 11:10 PM
Old 05-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Master Fan

I still can't get over how gruesome the cutting of John's hand was. just like the SE sex scene, I'm blown away by how they were able to show that on network television!

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 05-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

I love that we actually need 2 threads to talk about the finale

Yes the fingers cutting was pretty awful
Old 05-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah we had 2 threads for the pilot as well
Old 05-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Hi y'all, finally have few hours to spare so here goes

I'm not as psyched about the finale as I thought I would have been. I think that while they delivered us a ton of shocks, they didn't really deliver us what we were promised all along. Firstly, the death toll was very predictable and not shocking at all. It wasn't even a regular. Secondly, who are we supposed to be hating? I'm pretty sure there was more that I can't think of.

Nina Dobrev plays the dual roles so well. I was spoiled about Katherine by the time I watched the episode so I watched the scene where she first looks at Damon to see if her face gave much away. The chemistry between Dobrev and Somerhalder is undeniable but I don't know if I'll ever buy Elena the character and Damon the character together. I've said before that I find Elena and Stefan's quiet old school chemistry to be very charming although I did think she was reassuring him of her love a bit too much. Either way, I can't see Elena going there with Damon anytime soon, Katherine's imitation of her was spot on but if there is one thing that put me off throughout the Damon "Elena" scene it's that I kept thinking, Elena would never let him kiss her, Elena would never even let him think he could kiss her.. so I guess I can thank Kevin Williamson for giving me such a character driven show to watch.

Katherine is the hbic. Hello John, Goodbye John - the sudden attack combined with Nina Dobrev's evil eyes and my favourite Vampir Diaries *shocking moment* score gave me the chills. The kitchen is a giveaway though when you watch it knowing it's Katherine - her expression is borderline haughty/disinterest/bitchy, the way she walks from the sink to the counter is almost like a strut - completely different to Elena's walk and posture. All the greatness aside though, I feel that they brought back Katherine to soon. We literally just got Isobel an episode ago, they've kind put all the eggs in one basket now in that there is nothing shocking to expect which I suppose is to expected in a finale but I do think that they could have waited. Plus I liked John.. well not liked but I was intrigued to see what would happen between him and Elena.

Jenna being a bitch made me laugh. I wonder if they'll start doing more with her next season?

Damon saved Stefan and now Stefan has saved him back. I'm lying if I say that I wasn't disappointed that we didn't get a final scene with the brothers reflecting on that past year.. That relationship is the center of the show moreso then either ones relationship with Elena for me personally so I was a bit put out that we got a Damon/fake Elena scene instead although it was necessary for the shocker factor.

Damon - your brother saves you from a burning building and you respond by macking his girlfriend? Lovely. Being serious though, I can buy that he was at a very vulnerable moment and that led him to do what he did. I think that watching Anna die affected him more then we might have initially thought. I loved the scene with Jeremy, I'm so happy that he finally apoligised for Vicki and saw the wrong in what he did. It's a huge turning part for him. I am surprised beyond belief though that he didn't realise it was Katherine. After pining for a season? Talk about over his head...

Bonnie didn't bug me as much last night. She was right in the end and is shaping up to be a pretty fierce little witch. I liked her chat with Stefan as well. I'm glad that she lay down the law. I'm still not as into her story as I wish I was though and it sucks.

Nooo Caroline has to make it. She's awesome. I kind of liked the Tyler/Caroline/Matt scenes that we got although is it awful to say that I really love Caroline and Tyler's brief glimpses of chemistry and really want the two of them to hook up. That aside though, I like the three of them together. I would like Caroline and Matt to be the first to find out about Tyler's secret. Elena/Bonnie and the brothers get all the supernatural drama so that would be a welcome change. There was something natural about the chemistry of the three, like they've known each other for years or something (which they have I guess). I'd be lying if I said I was disappointed that Matt didn't die. I didn't even dislike him as much last night but they made out we were losing a regular and I thought that his death would have been enough to hurt everyone without directly upsetting me

Poor Tyler, something tells me he'll be taking center stage next season and I cannot wait.

I cannot believe what a useless death they gave Anna. It makes sense in that it was probably more about the impact it would have on Damon and Jeremy then about Anna herself but as someone who loved the addition of both her and Pearl, I'm kind of annoyed with the fact that they were killed and the way that they were killed. Plus I really wanted present day Katherine scenes with them. I'm hoping Jeremy doesn't get turned for the simple face that we went through it with Vicki and we've already too brooding vamps without throwing another whiner into the mix. Still though, my heart breaks at how lonely the kid is.

So that's that then, a season is done.... can't wait for July when the spoilers start coming

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Jenna being a bitch made me laugh. I wonder if they'll start doing more with her next season?
I still dont get her reaction as in Im confused. Maybe it was due to Elena and Stefan and shocked that ''Elena'' would kiss Damon. Or she thinks that Elena is doing both brothers or maybe she just likes Damon

But I think it was disappointment in Elena and being shocked she would do that. I can so see nxt season Jenna trying to talk about the kiss with Elena and Stefan possibly hearing.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

It's understandable enough though if you see it from Jenna's POV

Elena's dating Stefan so shouldn't be macking with his older brother.

As far as she can tell Damon's in his (supposedly early) 20's and he shouldn't be macking on his brothers highschool girlfriend.

Her reaction isn't even that bad, it's more like wtf then anything I think

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

Seriously if I was Jenna my reaction would have been way worse and dramatic

I cannot wait until Jenna tries to talk to Elena about this. Elena will be like ''What''
Old 05-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

LOL, I know. Her reaction to me will probably be priceless.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I cannot wait until Jenna tries to talk to Elena about this. Elena will be like ''What''
Haha I never even thought about that.