Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2016, 03:00 AM
Master Fan

What Elena meant with live your life: "don't shut down, don't degrade to your old ways, don't push everyone away. You're better than that, I trust you. Make me proud of you." What the writers think: "drown in bourbon and sleep around with random women. No one wants a cranky, bitter, sexless Damon".

They claim that Damon would only sleep around if Elena was dead. Well sorry, but sleeping around when your love just "died" is just as disgusting. And if Bonnie thinks that sleeping around is ok, then why was she blackmailing Damon by writing it down? Elena's feelings don't matter, right? If Caroline was Damon's bodyguard, she would totally smack him. JP doesn't call it cheating, but Damon called himself a cheater. "Hopefully this won't be a pattern of how he intends to live it. Because both of them deserve better." Couldn't you have thought of that before you wrote that down, JP?

Channing: "Elena is supposed to be Damon's inspiration to be better. How is her supposedly telling him to be a man whore and cheat on her an example?"

Last edited by cahe64; 02-20-2016 at 05:08 AM
Old 02-20-2016, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

I don't get why you girls torture yourself with JP's bull****, tbh Just ignore her and stick with the show, she just want promotion for this sinking ship, that's why she makes people angry this way, to have lightspot

Importance is that 1)Damon did it "only" bc he thought Elena was dead: not that is alright anyway, it's not, he should have found another way to cope in a healthy way at this point and man up!, but we know since 4x23 the writing is lazy and repetitive; look at the bright side, he's still the less-ruined character in there 2)Damon loves Elena so much he still is disgusted by himself and consider himself a cheater even if she was "dead", which is very noble and deep by him; also he's not excuse himself with random bull****, he knows he screwed up and decided to get better, better now than never 3)when he was told to sleep around by others, he literally chose to sleep for good instead, he values Elena's love more than crappy friend/brother do (I'm talking about one of the reasons he'll decide to dissicate, granted, but still something)

Ignore JP and her disgusting morality, it's not worth your anger and time!
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 02-20-2016, 07:48 AM
Master Fan

I was already angry with the show without JP's "morality".

The only way I can accept the hook-up was because Damon wanted to punish himself. Doing things to hate himself even more, because he "killed" her. Because it was just one night after Elena's "death" and not really a way to respect your dead girlfriend. Yes I know that Elena compelled away her memories. But that was a few months after mourning Damon.

Still don't understand why Damon was so affraid of telling Elena's so-called "friend". He didn't care about anyone anymore, right?
Old 02-20-2016, 08:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahe64 (View Post)
I was already angry with the show without JP's "morality".
Then don't punish yourself further reading her BS!

Quote:
The only way I can accept the hook-up was because Damon wanted to punish himself. Doing things to hate himself even more, because he "killed" her. Because it was just one night after Elena's "death" and not really a way to respect your dead girlfriend. Yes I know that Elena compelled away her memories. But that was a few months after mourning Damon.
And that's what they showed you, ignore her fanbait interview and watch the actual show, that's how they showed it by his POV and that's why it's "fine"
She still did it, one day or few months doesn't matter, she still did it and it was disrespectful towards his feeling and lvoe, like she admitted in 6x09. For Damon is the same, he admited he "cheated" on Elena and still felt disgusted, they're literally the same.

By the logic of the "more or less" time, then Elena should have been shamed for 4x07 DEx too since she just broke up with Stefan the day (or few days) before, but we never did it

Quote:
Still don't understand why Damon was so affraid of telling Elena's so-called "friend". He didn't care about anyone anymore, right?
Do you realize who you're talking about right? Did you really wanted him to feel even more ashamed and called monster than he already thought of himself?!? And by a person who proved not to give a **** about Elena above all?!? No thanks, better this way, he shared enough with that one

And this will be my last word about it
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 02-20-2016, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Ok, your last word. Excuse me if I keep rambling for a little while. I just need to get it off my chest.

I was ok-ish with 7x12, until I saw the morning after in 7x13. I was like "WTF who are you, and what did you do to Damon?".

Anyway, I hope he'll tell Elena himself. And not that other person.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ok, your last word. Excuse me if I keep rambling for a little while. I just need to get it off my chest.
PM me
Nonsense bb, that's why this thread exists, to rant and fangirl and cry and smile with people that understands and supports you anyway, and this are difficult times, we don't have Elena and they made Damon take few steps back for.... nothing, literally NOTHING It's normal to want to rant, it's not that I loved these episodes neither, I want to preserve and protect Damon from JP&c. so badly right now, 7x22 has to be the last one for Delena, no more please

Quote:
I was ok-ish with 7x12, until I saw the morning after in 7x13. I was like "WTF who are you, and what did you do to Damon?".
Yeah, I know the feeling, not even his empty disgusted devstated side stipped me from wondering where our baby boy went?!?! where is he now?!? I just hope he'll be better now and do things properly, don't care if he'll fail and will be shamed again and again, I just want him to prove himself he's worth to be loved and to become the man Elena loves and deserves

Quote:
Anyway, I hope he'll tell Elena himself. And not that other person.
Hope that too, he never run from his resposabilities, even with Aaron he wanted to be the one to tell her, he needs to show her how he felt before and after Cheap One and face Elena's disappointment and anger before it gets better, no third part needed in that

Have to go now, be back tonight if I can, PM me if you want, I'm here for you bb
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 02-20-2016, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Maybe I will, if necessary.

Yeah I felt-second hand embarassment during that scene. He acted like a guy after some messy breakup. Not as a man who's GF just "died". This is not season 2 Damon who needs some "distraction". It's also sad how Elena's compassion is used against her.

SYL

Last edited by cahe64; 02-20-2016 at 12:52 PM
Old 02-20-2016, 12:55 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't like that he slept with that woman but at least he beating himself up over it and I'm glad he found out about Elena.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

I don't like it either, but that was not THE reason I'm so pissed. I was still cool about it in 7x12, because Damon was on a suicide mission and self-destructive. It's Damon's OOC behaviour in 7x13 that pisses me of. And of how Elena is disrespected by her "friend". She knows Elena's alive and encourages cheating. Why? So they don't have to deal with a bitter Damon. It's disrespectful towards Elena...using her compassion against her. She's not a robot. Elena believes in Damon...that's why she wanted him to make the best out of it.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:22 PM
Passionate Fan

No one is really good friends with anyone on this show besides Damon and Alaric but they haven't had scene's in a long time.

I just need DE to be endgame and I hope it this season.

I don't think there have Damon sleep with anyone else now that he knows she alive and we know how JP is she'll have Elena forgive him or she'll not know about it when they reunite.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

Hey girls Here for a little while only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson creek fan (View Post)
I don't think there have Damon sleep with anyone else now that he knows she alive and we know how JP is she'll have Elena forgive him or she'll not know about it when they reunite.
Nahhh, I don't think so neither, they used the only possibility they had to make him "cheat", when he believes she was dead. He won't screw up again intentionally anymore, I'm sure They won't even address it, unless Nina comes back for at least 2 episodes, I don't even dare ti hope, I'd love to seethem face the problem and address it, it'd be so emotional and important for their relationship

Quote:
Yeah I felt-second hand embarassment during that scene. He acted like a guy after some messy breakup. Not as a man who's GF just "died". This is not season 2 Damon who needs some "distraction". It's also sad how Elena's compassion is used against her.
I liked that he still looked empty and catahtonic, he didn't give a damn about Cheap One, he didn't even acknowlegde her presence until he had to kick her out It was the whole scene that felt so wrong in general, something was really off beside the "cheating" per se
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 02-20-2016, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Yes that's the right way to say it: "something was off." Elena mourning Damon was well done. It was the main plot and emotional. I didn't feel anything with Damon's arc. They used Elena's "death" as an excuse to make him screw up. Maybe that's what pisses me off...it's hard to explain.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

They showed it in two completely different ways, Elena was much more emotional, she broke down, she cried and so on. With Damon they're showing it more.... "in control" in some ways, not that he's in control at all, we saw it with his death wishes and sabotaging himself, but we didn't see him breaking down as it was expecting Which is partly IC for him, even back in 5x22 he didn't break down this way, he was angry, he threatened people, but he was still very much in control enough to create a plan to save Stefan's ass. That's IC for Damon, here they could have shown something more considering it's Elena though

They surely used it for the pointless "cheating", like we all said: they're out of ideas
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 02-20-2016, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I know. But still...3x22 was really emotional. Even though that was not really an arc of mourning.

Congrats JP, you got your "naked Damon". Happy now?
Old 02-20-2016, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

That was definitely more emotional, I think the difference is really in who killed Elena there and now: they wanted him to be completely cathatonic for have done what he never thought he could do

It wasn't even that much naked, I remember better scenes in season3

BRB, have to pick up my sis from a pub, BBL
I am the storm"

Anna