New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

TVD Episode Discussion - 7x21: Requiem for a Dream - Airs on May 6th

7x21: Requiem for a Dream - May 6th

EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP I | WEBCLIP II

THE PLAN TO SAVE BONNIE TAKES AN UNEXPECTED TURN IN THIS EPISODE DIRECTED BY PAUL WESLEY — When Damon's risky attempt to save Bonnie takes an unexpected turn, the consequences of his actions forces everyone to band together to help her pull through. Meanwhile, when a new threat leaves Caroline's life in jeopardy, Stefan makes a rash decision that ultimately forces them to face the fallout from their relationship. Elsewhere, Enzo tries to hold it together as he painfully watch Bonnie in the fight of her life, while Matt takes matters into his own hands to save one of his closest friends. Alaric also appears.

Written by Brett Matthews & Neil Reynolds
Directed by Paul Wesley

Producer's Preview

Rules
* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.

This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.
Reason for Editing:
I am the storm"

Anna
LabuanPearl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt
Old 05-06-2016, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Dang Bonnie literally drink a Bourbon new beginnings. WTF! Oh that was just a dream.... Thank goodness because that just looked scary. She just put Enzo in the flames and chopped of Caroline's head. lol

I actually loved Stefan not be anxious to seeing a Huntress in Bonnie waking up. lol

"I was her best friend before I was a vampire." Don't know why but when Caroline said the quote it hurt even though it's true. Bonnie/Caroline were best friends before Caroline turned to a vampire. Caroline might consider Bonnie her best friend but I think for Bonnie the recent best friend was Damon.
I don't think the quote was intended to be that way but still. lol

So the plan for Bonnie is to delve into her subconscious and convince her not all vampires are evil and are needed to be attacked.

Nice to also remember Caroline is former teacher in Alaric. lol

My goodness Bonnie's subconscious is a vampire hunter zone.
That scene with Caroline and Bonnie started out tough and then got so sweet and then got so scary. So sad that she stabbed Caroline in the dreams.

Now Caroline is marked so that first person Bonnie will attack when she awake is Caroline.

Bonnie was really like Buffy the Vampire Slayer during her scenes with Enzo in the subconscious. lol
I loved their scenes of Bonnie back at Mystic Falls High!
"I have always wanted to be loved by someone in the way that you loved me."

As a Bonnie fan, it is so beautiful to see Bonnie be truly loved.

I loved that Stefan change of respecting his love interest decision. With Elena, he listened to her and allowed Elena to make the choice of him saving Matt's life over her and with Caroline, he wants to take the choice out of her hand.

I liked the Stefan and Damon phone scene! Also Stefan telling Damon how terrible his bad advice. lol

I want to know what's in Damon's letter. The suspense most be for something.
Damon was smart, he knew exactly the words that will trigger Bonnie to come after him and awake! She was pissed off, she just ripped his heart out in the subconscious, the way he planned.

I loved Stefan explaining why he made the decision he made three years ago. I don't care much for their romantic relationship but I did love their scenes here.
My goodness does their relationship parallels to Bamon's right now.

I love that we finally get to see Caroline's love for Bonnie again.

Finally a Matt/Bonnie scene again! Aww nice that she brought Matt his first football.
Sadly I did know that Matt didn't officially get through to her. Smart for Matt that he knew he didn't completely get through to her as well.

This Bonnie hatred for Damon was awesome! The reason is because I feel it was sort of justified.
Aww poor Caroline having to say goodbye to her girls.

I loved that Damon and Bonnie scene at the memorial so much. It just shows that their relationship has the most progress.
Damon didn't get through to Bonnie though so saved by Matt! Of course Matt unsuccessfully got Bonnie away. lol Let the hunt begin.
It was a Bonnie centric episode so of course I was happy throughout it.

Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

i loved the damon/bonnie scenes. so emotional. and i loved that we got to see bonnie's stump/grave site.

the enzo/bonnie scenes were also great. i love their love for each other.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

DB
Sean♥Emma/Ellie Andy♥Sam/Luke/Nick Chris♥Gail/B]COLOR] Favorite characters: Ollie Shaw, Nick Collins, Andy Mcnally Duncan♥Veronica Dawson♥Joey Pacey♥Andie Nathan to Haley Dan♥Serena/Blair Nate♥Jenny/Blair/Vanessa
Nathan♥Haley Lucas♥Brooke Jake♥Peyton Stefan♥Elena Tyler♥Caroline Ezra♥Aria Lucas♥Hanna Wren♥Spencer
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I dont mind Bonnie/Enzo but I think they've gotten a little too much focus and are starting to kind of bore me.

Still no C/A kiss. They just hugged.

S/C They will be the death of me, I love them so much and I am so glad they are interacting again. i like that Caroline somewhat understood what he had went through. But I cant blame her for being hurt and I liked their convo outside when she said she didn't know if she could forgive him. But I am kinda team stefan for taking her away. I love that he wants to let her live even if he's taking that choice away.

And at the end of it she realized it was the right thing to do.

The bonnie flashbacks were kinda cool though. It's nice for her fans to finally get some focus on her.

Bonnie/Matt scene . Well, until she strangled him.

Bonnie/Damon were sweet, its too bad Damon couldn't get through to her.

I'm sick of this constant running storyline though, I really hope theres something fresh next season.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

I know that Bonnie/Damon scene was the focus of the episode, and don't get me wrong, it was SO fantastic and SO well done . . . but man, I am loving Bonnie/Enzo so much.

Stefan/Caroline . . . at long last.

I love Alaric, but this whole him with Caroline thing has been one of the oddest things this show has ever done.
ICON
April7739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

And its made me dislike Alaric, which sucks. I used to adore him and now I'm just finding him whiney and annoying.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

I just want some vintage Alaric/Damon bromance moments. Is that too much to ask?

Don't get me wrong, I think Damon and Bonnie's friendship has been really interesting to watch evolve, but Alaric/Damon's bromance is just so FANTASTIC to me.
ICON
April7739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
- We had to cut a really great Matt-Enzo scene from this episode. Such is life when you’re nine minutes over, but that was a really great, emotional scene.

- If you look very closely in the armory’s display cases, you might find a familiar prop — Silas’ mask. I love that little Easter egg.
Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec blogs 'Requiem for a Dream' | EW.com
Old 05-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)

I love Alaric, but this whole him with Caroline thing has been one of the oddest things this show has ever done.
He is coming across as ridiculous. I know he is a good guy, but did it even occur to him that Caroline died at 18, and he is well over 30? It honestly looks so strange to see him talk about how all he can do is be worthy of Caroline, as he did a few episodes back. I find it incredibly creepy and ridiculous, LOL. I actually burst out laughing at that scene. The delivery of the line and the line itself was comical.
posterity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

I would've burst out laughing, but I was afraid vomit would come out instead. What has this show done to my beloved Alaric? This storyline is by far the worst thing that has happened to both Caroline & Alaric.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

plus alaric is no dummy, and anyone with eyes could see she loves stefan. why put yourself in that situation at all? we know that he would know better.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Old 11-26-2017, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really loved this episode. Definitely felt like VPD to me. The focus on all the main characters was amazing.

UGH STEFAN’S FACE WHEN HE SAW CAROLINE AGAIN WAS SO CUTE. He loves her so much. I hated how mean she was being to him but I do understand her coldness. She was hurt. But come on Caroline, you have to understand what he was going through! Goodness gracious. Then she got marked and now she can finally understand what Stefan was going through. I LOVE that Stefan vervained her and took her away. OMG YES. Like, he loves her so much and cannot stand the idea of her dying. Caroline thinking that abandoning her family (because she’s been marked) is worse than putting them in danger is seriously deluded. Glad she realized Stefan was right. But I just love that they were finally getting good scenes.

The scene out by the car was so sad but it needed to happen. Those two needed to hash out what happened. I love that Caroline said she understood Stefan’s decision but it hurt more because he made the decision to leave without her. Stefan shouldn’t have just up and left but I understand why he did it. She had kids, he wasn’t going to put them in danger. And when Stefan said he loved her! . You could definitely tell that Caroline was starting to understand. AND YAY FOR SC ON THE ROAD TOGETHER. How it should have been all along! The scene in the car was heart breaking but I love that Caroline couldn’t say she loved Alaric!

All the focus on Bonnie in these episodes is great though! I loved the Bonnie/Enzo and Bonnie/Damon moments. I also loved the Matt and Bonnie scenes. They were really adorable! I wish they had started a romance through the series instead.

Matt saving Damon was awesome. I know he did it for Bonnie, but still. Too bad Bonnie had to knock him out at the end.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top