New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

TVD Episode Discussion - 7x17: I went to the woods - Airs on April 8th

7x17: I went to the Woods - April 8th

EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP I | WEBCLIP II

STEFAN FINDS HIMSELF IN THE FIGHT OF HIS LIFE IN THIS EPISODE DIRECTED BY JULIE PLEC — In the aftermath of his brother's fateful decision, Stefan awakens to find himself thrown into a life or death situation with only his basic instincts to rely on. With time working against him, he sets off on a journey of survival while forced to confront a lifetime of irreversible damage Damon has done to their relationship. Meanwhile, desperate to save his brother, Damon follows an unusual lead he has come across, while Matt sends Valerie to Dallas to enlist Alaric's help in the search for Stefan. Finally, when Rayna discovers the emergence of a new threat, she sets off on her own mission to find Stefan before the others do.

Written by Julie Plec & Neil Reynolds
Directed by Julie Plec

Producer's Preview

Rules
* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.

This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.
I am the storm"

Anna
LabuanPearl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ugh I missed half of the episode. This season is kind of eh for me.
Sean♥Emma/Ellie Andy♥Sam/Luke/Nick Chris♥Gail/B]COLOR] Favorite characters: Ollie Shaw, Nick Collins, Andy Mcnally Duncan♥Veronica Dawson♥Joey Pacey♥Andie Nathan to Haley Dan♥Serena/Blair Nate♥Jenny/Blair/Vanessa
Nathan♥Haley Lucas♥Brooke Jake♥Peyton Stefan♥Elena Tyler♥Caroline Ezra♥Aria Lucas♥Hanna Wren♥Spencer
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Half the loss of enjoyment of TVD episodes doesn't come from the drop in quality for me, it comes from the fact that there's nobody to discuss them with..

~icon by Agraiel
wickedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

For an episode without any of the female regulars, this episode was actually pretty good. The Defan scene almost made me tear up.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
Half the loss of enjoyment of TVD episodes doesn't come from the drop in quality for me, it comes from the fact that there's nobody to discuss them with..
Well there are plenty of people on twitter. That's where I discuss things.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

^For me twitter is a difficult place to discuss a show but I don't use twitter so often so maybe that is because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
For an episode without any of the female regulars, this episode was actually pretty good. The Defan scene almost made me tear up.
I agree with everything you said. Also about the Defan scenes. I wouldn't have expected that. I usually don't care that much about their drama.
I had to laugh when Damon was compelling the cop to think that he is Matt Donovan "Matt Donovan got this"

I also love how JP directed the episode. I guess she is also in love with snow because this is the second time that she used snow as a prop

I liked Paul playing the human character but this series killer vampire from Memphis he definitely played like Silas ... there was not much differences. But I always find him funny when he is playing Silas so I liked it. Especially when he was so badly trying to tell Damon that he loves him and that he is his flesh hilarious. So fake.

Last edited by Regulus-Fan; 04-10-2016 at 03:38 AM
Regulus-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

This episode was AMAZING!

Paul was stellar. Directing was fantastic. Loved every second of it.
ICON
April7739 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

JP once again did a great job directing. I'm surprised at how good she is, considering this is only her second time as a director.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

i liked this one, i found myself invested in the storyline. probably because it revolved around stefan and damon. i still love their bro ship even though its deeply flawed.

i do agree that stefans character is very similar to silas so it feels kind of like a repeat but i agree that it was at least interesting to see paul play that, so oh well, ill try to get into it.

still dont buy that valerie/stefan and alaric/caroline relationships at all. i miss my caroline!

but at least we didnt have the other annoying heretics in this episode.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

I felt like when Alaric told Valerie he truly fell in love with Caroline. This is by far the worst pairing TVD has ever created and coming from someone who has disliked/hated most of the romances on the show, that's saying something.
Why couldn't this just be a fake relationship for appearances?
Old 04-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

i agree with you. but i do like that at least alaric knows that caroline only said yes for the kids and that she doesnt love him. but ehhhh even alaric loving caroline just doesnt feel like it makes sense at all.

not everyone has to fall in love with caroline.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Alexa! We have such similar taste in shows!

I want Alaric to love someone who loves him back.
ICON
April7739 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

well to be fair i watch too much tv.

and same. i thought that jo was alright and i liked alaric with jenna a bit (i was actually an isobel/alaric fan too) btu im still waiting for someone special for him!

i thought he and the doctor chick (torrey devito's character) had potential but it didnt happen.

valerie/alaric had decent chemistry i thought.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

So destroying the stone free's all the souls? LMAO. Okay well that was easy. This storyline is SO dumb. Got to be one of the worst storylines they've ever done. There was no thought put into it. Three years of torture for them to reveal they could have just burned the stone in the first place?

"Marty" looks like Klaus. But I just feel so bad for Stefan! He has the roughest life I swear. I want to cry for him. Dude never has it easy.

I really enjoyed the scene between Alaric and Matt. I loved what Alaric said to Matt about what happened to him. Matt has definitely turned cold. And its insane that he is still in mystic falls dealing with this crap when he could have gotten out a long time ago.

It's nice that Alaric and Caroline had at least a little moment of peace within those three years where they were just normal people. Even though I bet Caroline was still tortured over missing Stefan.

I appreciate Valerie wanting to help Stefan and Alaric being brought into the loop too. Not having the heretics around really makes me enjoy the episodes more as well but I am missing Bonnie and Caroline a lot. Valerie and Alaric should have become a thing! She should have had the babies put in her or something. They could have been a way better match IMO and Caroline could have gone on the run with Stefan instead. UGH.

Damon pretending to be Matt. Side note, Ian looked uber hot this episode.

THE STEFAN AND DAMON SCENES WERE EVERYTHING! I LOVED THE DANG PHONECALL. I loved Stefan telling Damon off for bailing on him. When Stefan said Damon wasn't going to find him? GUH. HEARTBREAK. Damon finding Stefan.

I did really like this episode though. I loved the focus on Stefan even if it was hard to watch at at times.