Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

TVD Episode Discussion - 7x08: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me - Airs December 3rd

7.08 – Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me - December 3rdh

EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP I | WEBCLIP II

A FRACTURED FAMILY — As Julian and Lily throw a party to celebrate Mary Louise and Nora's anniversary, Stefan and Damon set in motion a risky plan to eliminate a new threat posed by Julian. Meanwhile, following a major revelation uncovered by Valerie, Caroline is forced to face her new reality, even as it threatens to destroy her relationship with Stefan. Finally, determined to do what’s best for her family, Lily makes the most difficult decision of her life.

Directed by Brett Matthews
Written by Leslie Libman

Producer's Preview

Rules
* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.

This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.
I am the storm"

Anna

Last edited by Jewelstone; 12-03-2015 at 02:33 PM
Old 12-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

I was just about to post the new thread when I saw this. Good thing I checked again first. Thanks for opening!
Old 12-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, sorry about that, with the whole hiatus and the calm board I wasn't sure what to do, so I took the initiative Next one is all yours
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 12-04-2015, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for opening Anna!

I didn't expect for Lily to die ... but lol how dramatic that they made her stay alive to say goodbye to everybody also she should have died instantly with the wooden splinter in her heart. Although we never had a case like this so I guess it maybe could take longer for her to die.

I was not a big fan of the episode. I'm just not interested in the Nora/Mary Louise drama. I was feeling bad for Mary Louise two episodes ago but now I don't care again. I guess she is manipulated by Julian (although you could see he was really in love by Lily) but this other drama is just not catching me.

I didn't expect for Beau to be a opera singer. Wow. I hope we get more on his story soon. And I guess he can read the minds of other people or why did he look at Valerie so intensively?

I guess Caroline gets good scenes with this pregnancy storyline to see what she is thinking and in regards to her pov but I just don't care about her character anymore so those scenes are boring for me.

Lol Deputy Matt ... I think those people he brought into town are the friends Tripp was talking about last season? Or they are friends of Jeremy?
But that he went after Enzo the weakest threats of them all already shows that he needs to check his priorities. And he made the same mistake as the last time. He didn't kill Enzo instantly but keeps him alive. He will never learn.

No Bonnie so the episode is already a bore.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:13 AM
Master Fan

I need to finish this episode. It really was a bore and I fastforwarded through most of it but I will finish it. I always do

A lot of people guessed Beau was a singer because the actor has a nice voice.

And Bonnie being left out is so weird. After that Bamon scene where she was gonna fight with him. What was even the point of that?
Old 12-04-2015, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I thought it was a fascinating episode. Valerie continues to be one of my favourites.

My only reproach-since when does it take a vampire minutes to die after being stabbed in the heart with a stake?
Old 12-04-2015, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

dam it you killed off annie again .huge fan of annie from 24 , i have yet to watch VD reguarly
Lilly should be in her own spin off aobut her family !

Add in she follows a lot of fans on Twitter and she has tweeted back and forth with me many times .. She was on BOSH .

so let me gets this right she ,Lily was connected to another vampire, if he was killed she would have died also . So she sacrifices herself but the link was broken and only lilly died .. Yet Elana /Nina leaves the show and isnt killed off ?

As huge fans of the show was this a a shocking death? Does it further the season storyline ?

Thanx
Old 12-05-2015, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I don't think many people cared about Lily as a character cause of her treatment of our beloved Damon and/or Stefan. I did surprise though, but I was like 'oh well'.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
o let me gets this right she ,Lily was connected to another vampire, if he was killed she would have died also . So she sacrifices herself but the link was broken and only lilly died .. Yet Elana /Nina leaves the show and isnt killed off ?
Well, despite Annie being a sweetheart with fans... Elena was the female leader of this show since day 1 and chose to stay asleep so her friend could enjoy her life, find love and live happily for long years, but as a leader character the writers rightfully decided to give her an happy ending (as I hope all the old cast will get too)... and, hated or not, she is surely more important than a character introduced in later season6 whom half of the fandom despised a lot (to be nice), especially after her "brilliant" past as a mother (and almost-mother-in-love, as far s I'm concerned)... so it didn't surprise me at all, tbh
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 12-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
As huge fans of the show was this a a shocking death? Does it further the season storyline ?

Thanx
Nope. Since season 5 I think every guest star has died. The surprise is that the season 7 ones are taking forever to leave. And from what I've seen they don't seem to have much love. And we already saw her death has some impact on Damon 3 years in the future because of his parting words to her but I don't she'll have that much of an impact. Beloved characters who were on for much longer died and people moved on without mentioning them too often so I doubt they'll care to mention someone who was around for such a short time.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 12-05-2015 at 11:54 AM
Old 12-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

Decent episode. Nothing to write home about as usual.

Stefan is kind of a crappy boyfriend, he needs to include Caroline more. And they still feel so awkward. I wish the show would just lighten them up a little bit. I do like the i love you's... despite being over the phone. i just wish lily hadnt of advised stefan to say it because it felt forced.

this season is bad because all these guest stars are just getting WAY too much focus. Julian needs to go. the lesbians need to go. Valerie needs to go. I cant tolerate much more. Its like when they brought the originals in to season 2. It was too much.

Matt (as much as i love him) and Enzo are both pointless now. They both need to leave the show IMO.

I really think the series needs to get back to its roots. Just focus on the main 4 (bonnie, stefan, caro, damon) and alaric and give them a new storyline. come on show.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

This episode had too much heretic drama that I'm not interested in, but the acting was good from everyone.

Too many people have come back to life for me to believe that Lily is really dead dead dead.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:04 AM
Master Fan

^ Well The Other Side is gone. She's not in the Phoenix Stone so I don't see how they can bring her back.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
^ Well The Other Side is gone. She's not in the Phoenix Stone so I don't see how they can bring her back.
They always find a way.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
This episode had too much heretic drama that I'm not interested in, but the acting was good from everyone.

Too many people have come back to life for me to believe that Lily is really dead dead dead.
Good point. I didn't really mind her too much either way, but now that she's gone I want her gone.