Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2015, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

TVD Episode Discussion - 7x06: Best Served Cold - Airs November 12th

7.06 - Best Served Cold - November 12th

EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP I | WEBCLIP II

DAMON AND STEFAN COME FACE-TO-FACE WITH JULIAN — After being reunited with her former love Julian (guest star Todd Lasance), Lily (guest star Annie Wersching) hosts a dinner party to introduce him to Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) and to declare peace between her family of Heretics and the residents of Mystic Falls. Damon and Stefan find themselves at an impasse when they realize they have differing views on how to handle Julian’s arrival. At the party, Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Matt (Zach Roerig) uncover a strange mystery involving some unsuspecting residents, while a devastating revelation causes Alaric (Matt Davis) to reach his breaking point. Candice King and Michael Malarkey also star.
Directed by Darren Genet
Written by Caroline Dries

Producer's Preview

Rules
* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.

This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.

Last edited by Jewelstone; 11-12-2015 at 01:43 PM
Old 11-12-2015, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for opening Melanie

I'm looking forward to the episode
Old 11-12-2015, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that bonnie and matt have scenes together. I don't really care for lily and julian, maybe we'll see more stefan and damon interaction.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)
Thanks for opening Melanie

I'm looking forward to the episode
YW

Are you staying up to watch the episode?
Old 11-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
YW

Are you staying up to watch the episode?
I'm not so sure ... nowadays I fall asleep soon and then wake up in the middle of the night so maybe I will try this one
Old 11-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

TFTT Mel

Everyone enjoy the episode, have a good live-watch
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 11-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

Ok, this was kind of a bad episode. Way too much Lily & Julian, whom I don't care about at all. I also don't give a crap about Valerie and her tragic life and the Caroline/Alaric/babies plot twist was ridiculous. The Defan and Bonenzo moments were the only parts I liked.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

i agree the Benzo scene was the only part i like
the caroline and the babies was predictable but i did kinda like it.
everything else i could have done without
Old 11-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Caroline and Alaric + babies

Straight up fan fiction because it shouldn't happen. Just like the baby in TO
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 11-12-2015, 08:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i do not ship those two at all
Old 11-13-2015, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if this storyline was brought on to conceal that Candice is actually pregnant. It's a good cover, still not very original of the writers to yet again use a vampire having a baby. I'm hoping this gets better. It's like they are trying to separate Stefan and Caroline by pushing them onto someone else.

I do love the tvd baby fics because some of the ff writers are really good and explain how it could have happened in a way that's understandable. I don't like pot holes.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 11-13-2015, 05:58 AM
Master Fan

I don't think this was just to conceal Candice's bump. Given the timing of her pregnancy and Caroline's pregnancy they could have easily worked around it by making her miss the episodes before winter hiatus. From what I can tell Caroline isn't going to be pregnant that long on the show because of how far along Candice already is. I think they just wanted to do vampires thinking of being parents because they consider it fresh.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
Ok, this was kind of a bad episode. Way too much Lily & Julian, whom I don't care about at all. I also don't give a crap about Valerie and her tragic life and the Caroline/Alaric/babies plot twist was ridiculous. The Defan and Bonenzo moments were the only parts I liked.
word!!
Old 11-13-2015, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Loved the Bonenzo scenes. The chemistry is great. I think Bon also might have started flirting with Enzo bc she wanted to get back a little bit at Lily for what she did with the sleeping spell.

The Caro/Alaric/Valerie reveal is so bizarre and doesn't make any sense. Lol how could Kai misjudge the spell so much?
And instead of protecting themselves and maybe going against Kai without killing him the coven chanted for the twins? And why pick Caroline? Wouldn't it have been better to use Elena? She was human at that time and nobody knew about her being sleep cursed.

Defan were hilarious but lol at their last talk. For sure they would be horrible dads both of them.

I felt bad for Marie Louise ... I don't really get the drama between her and Nora and the writers don't make an afford for us to get to know them better. They don't really interact with the other regulars. I would love to see them have scenes with Bonnie.

The treatment of Beau is horrible

Julian/Lily looks like the new delena.

Florence!Jo made me cry Jodi did an amazing job. But I could have done without the praising of Alaric. He is awful sometimes and then he even wanted Bonnie to look after his wife. Do it yourself.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)

The Caro/Alaric/Valerie reveal is so bizarre and doesn't make any sense. Lol how could Kai misjudge the spell so much?
And instead of protecting themselves and maybe going against Kai without killing him the coven chanted for the twins? And why pick Caroline? Wouldn't it have been better to use Elena? She was human at that time and nobody knew about her being sleep cursed.
I can't remember exactly but didn't they only start chanting after Damon took Elena to the hospital? And since everyone else was dead/dying Caroline was the only one available. I was gonna say maybe they knew if they killed Kai they'd end up dead but then shouldn't the twins have also died if they're part of the coven? This whole thing is just stupid.