New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2015, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
Just saw her scenes, I'm beyond disgusted by her attitude towards her sons, she's horrible
Like seriously... even when she was human she seemed pretty freaking cruel.. taking not only Damon's toys when he was 'misbehaving', but also Stefan's.. trying to pit her boys against each other, trying to manipulate her young son!! I thought maybe it was the vampirism that made her cold to her family, but honestly?? Even her human self seems like she could be a real cruel bitch.
★ darling, just hold on ★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
Was anyone else shocked by Enzo declaring he was staying for Lily? WHAT!?!
I wasn't shocked, but I was certainly uncomfortable. I had to look away.

Lily bugs and the heretics are tolerable at best.

I don't know what Enzo was talking about when he told Damon that he has chosen the gang countless times. He hung around Damon & Caroline because they were the only people willing to put up with him, but he couldn't stand anyone else. Did he really expect them to choose him when he spent a year torturing Stefan & Matt for reasons only he remembers?
Somehow, I still kind of like Enzo tho and I pray his storyline is much more interesting this season.

I am bored with the coffin hostage crisis because we all know nothing is going to happen to Elena.

Stefan & Caroline annoyed me with their lollygagging after he came to rescue her. If Stefan had just wrapped his jacket around her and hauled ass, they would have been home free.
I'm not worried about Steroline in the flashforwards because I think it may have all been a ploy to manipulate/distract the huntress.

Bonnie was incredibly naive to think Alaric would actually destroy the Sorcerer's Stone. She and Damon should have known better by now, especially since Alaric had been playing them for months by pretending to be drunk. Despite the scenes with Bonnie & Damon, Alaric stills seems like he's on a different show.

I felt so bad for Matt almost dying for the hundredth time. When he was trying to blame Damon for everything and Bonnie corrected Matt by telling him that everything was her idea, I expected him to be disgusted at how much she's like Damon or to accuse her of hanging around Damon too much. It didn't happen and they seemed to make up pretty quickly, but I wouldn't be surprised if Matt did say something like that in the near future.

Overall, this episode was slightly better than the premiere.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:54 AM
Moderator Support Team
shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
Like seriously... even when she was human she seemed pretty freaking cruel.. taking not only Damon's toys when he was 'misbehaving', but also Stefan's.. trying to pit her boys against each other, trying to manipulate her young son!! I thought maybe it was the vampirism that made her cold to her family, but honestly?? Even her human self seems like she could be a real cruel bitch.
She's not to be trusted in any circumstances. I don't think her 'family' should either.
wickedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
it's rather over the top. What did those boys do to her to deserve that treatment?
I have no idea at this point... existing? I swear, vampires are angels compared to Giuseppe and Lily Salvatore!!

Quote:
Same here, I thought vampirism and the ripper gene changed a person who was nice as a human, a lovely mother and so on... I truly believe it back in season6, but now? She was a sadistic, a cruel sick person, what mother does that to her own sons, manipulating them, trying to turning them one against the other, watching them being beated to blood without saying anything
I am the storm"

Anna
LabuanPearl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

Lily is one mean mama.
"A happy beginning now is ours."

- Emma Swan & Killian Jones
scififan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
trying to turning them one against the other, watching them being beated to blood without saying anything
That is called 1800s, do you honestly think a woman would have a say in anything back then?
Giuseppe would have beaten those kids regardless, you are acting as if the kids would be the only people he was beating.

And the male children were expected to be strong back then, so they should have been raised competive as well, stop judging a 19th century mother living in harsh times with your pampered 21st century morals.
Writing despair stirs up emotion, sure – but tears are cheap. It’s easy to get our characters into scrapes, to beat them bloody, to take away everything they care about; it’s harder to get them out of trouble, heal them, and give them their hearts’ desires while making it meaningful and believable instead of nauseatingly cheesy.
slightly modified from http://bekindrewrite.com/2011/05/27/...happy-endings/
oulker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulker1980 (View Post)
That is called 1800s, do you honestly think a woman would have a say in anything back then?
Giuseppe would have beaten those kids regardless, you are acting as if the kids would be the only people he was beating.

And the male children were expected to be strong back then, so they should have been raised competive as well, stop judging a 19th century mother living in harsh times with your pampered 21st century morals.
And this is a tv-show, not a documentary of "Life in the past centuries", they could have changed things like they did so many other times for other characters, it's not like TVD knows what "historical accurance" is Not all the parents beated their children to blood back in 1800s, like not all the parents don't beat them now in the 21st century. Some women raised their voices in the past, they weren't all good-girls and silent, and they sacrifized a lot for that. Lily simply wasn't one of them.

Lily could have tried to defend her sons against their father, maybe failing and being beated too in the process, but at least she would have tried, she would have shown to be a good mother, someone who loved her children, and cared for them. She didn't, doesn't matter the century she lived in, she just watched her first born being beated to blood and now mocks him for that and for the toys thing. She sucked as a mother, was cruel and sick like the bros' father, and showed she didn't care about her children. Period.

She declared in season6 Giuseppe was a monster and she was glad Stefan had killed him. Hypocrite much, since she was no better when she was a human, quite the contrary

I judge the heart of people, not the time they live in, she was no mother for Stefan and Damon doing those things, nor she is a mother to them now. Not a surprise, Isobel was no mother to Elena neither, nor was Esther to the Originals, Lily is no better, simple as that.
I am the storm"

Anna
LabuanPearl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

I wasn't the biggest fan of the episode, but I have to admit, I liked the flash forwards.

Things that I didn't like:

- Who owned the house at what time? And if Stefan and Damon couldn't enter the house anymore, why could Caroline? When did Matt invite her in?

- Why was Stefan sucked out of the window, while Caroline was pushed down the stairs?

- The heretics are BEYOND BORING so far.
So far, I think they are the least scary villains on the show.

- Why would Stefan just ask Damon to go and rescue Caroline, because he killed Malcolm? That is absolutely ooc for him.

- What are the heretics doing in Mystic Falls? Life there must be super boring.

- Why does Mystic Falls look like after a zombie apocalypse, when all the inhabitants did nothing but leave the city in a normal way? Houses look destroyed, cars are crashed into each other, trash is laying aroung everywhere. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

- Why is anyone still staying in this super boring town that literally has NOTHING to offer????

Hummelchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

^ I think they deliberately messed up the town to get people to evacuate.

And Stefan got thrown out because he wasn't invited in? I guess Caroline was on her way out too but she just took a different direction.

I also don't get why they even want MF It really is a boring town.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

Dp.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:57 AM
Moderator Support Team
shield

it saves a lot on extras if you have an empty town
wickedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 03:47 PM
We Will Rise

this episode didnt really interest me at all, i found it pretty boring. and i kinda have to say that i am not really sure whats even going on anymore.

the flashfowards dont bother me but i am not gonna bother trying to figure them out yet.im not really a fan of flashfowards anyways beecause they are just too much of a tease.

Quote:
The heretics are BEYOND BORING so far.
100% agree.

i like that they mention elena because it makes her absence feel less weird. but i have to be honest i haven't really noticed her being gone that much. however i feel like everyone should be a lot sadder. especially bonnie who knows that she won't see elena ever again?

as much as i adore matt i do agree that there isn't a lot for him to do anymore. either he needs to be turned at this point or something else needs to happen because he doesnt seem to fit in anymore.

and enzo is the worst. evertyime he is on my screen i want to throw something and its been that way since he came onto the show. i cant stand him.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

That part where Stefan wrote about Valerie in his journal was rather interesting. I would like to find out more about that.
Audrinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Apparently being a vampire/witch only increased what she was like a mortal. I won't say human because she does not seem to have any human qualities. Bonnie is a witch why hasn't she cone toe to toe with them yet? Do wonder what the Heretics want with Caroline though? Brainwash her? Stockholm Syndrome?
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:37 AM
We Will Rise

2 years later, here we go...

I actually really enjoyed this episode too. Wow, I am surprised at myself for how much I am enjoying this season this time around... (as you can tell from my earlier comment i wasnt a big fan lol)

Caroline in the flash foward knows they can’t go back to Mystic Falls. Hmm, why? Also, shes engaged to “someone” and hates Stefan. Then someone comes and shoots them. hmm. Definitely makes the flashfowards interesting.

The whole blair witch intro was just weird as hell. What was Matt even thinking trying to go against the heretics? Dude is mental.

Stefan’s phone call to Caroline was hilarious. I love humorous Stefan 10x more than the older blah Stefan we had in seasons 1-3. I love that they lightened his character up a lot.

I cant believe that Enzo chose Lily and the Heretics over Caroline. They actually had a friendship at one point, so what the hell Enzo. I do like in a way that they aren’t making him this mopey dopey character and giving him a backbone, but I hate that he went against probably the one person that actually would be willing to give him a chance. I did like the Damon/Enzo interaction too but Enzo has a right to be upset with Damon for never looking out for him. But Enzo wasn’t exactly a great friend to them when he was torturing Matt and trying to kill Stefan.

I loved the mention of Tyler and Jeremy being together for months. My headcanon is making that into something more.

Ugh Lily, I hate her so much. Telling her real son she had to leave and bury her “son” pissed me off so much. And stealing their house. SDFDSFDSFSD. So annoyed. Taking Elena. But wow, that was easy for them to get in there lol. Lily actually went easy on him though. She could have killed Elena.

Ian looked really hot this episode. I love that Damon was willing to sacrifice himself for Caroline. And take the blame for Bonnie. I felt so bad for him when he realized that Elena was gone.

It was nice to see some interaction with Bonnie and Alaric because we haven’t seen that interaction much. Why couldn’t they have hooked up instead of Alaric/Caroline? It would have made way more sense. Alaric’s storyline in general though, meh. Not looking forward to it. The whole revving the dead thing with a stone just seems too far fetched even for this show. lol.

Still loving the Bonnie and Damon friendship and when he calls her “Bon”. Adorable. I also really loved the Bonnie and Matt scenes. I’ve always liked their interaction and I love that Matty blue went along with it for Caroline. He’s got a huge heart.

I’m bummed we got barely any steroline after the whole kiss last episode. I was hoping Stefan would have tried harder to get Caroline out of the heretics house too. When he found her though that was so adorable. I love that he was going to carry her out of there. It sucks that he couldn’t touch her. EFFING VALERIE. i love when he teased her about not being able to kiss him. I also loved seeing how angry Stefan was with Damon after they still had Caroline. When he smashed the glass, DAYUMMM. I hateeeee that Valerie and Stefan knew each other in the past. I think its a bit too soon to be bringing this up.

I adored that DS scene so much. I loved how they talked about Lily taking their toys and Damon trying anything to get his brother to stop crying. And then how they talked about Lily destroying them. I also love that Damon mentioned there were 6 heretics in 1903 because I was wondering about that.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top