New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2015, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

TVD Episode Discussion - 6x12: Prayer For The Dying

6x12 - Prayer For The Dying - January 29th

PROMO | EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP I | WEBCLIP II

THE MERGE — When Liv and Luke’s father arrives to town to celebrate their birthday, they try and convince him to let Jo and Kai take their place in the merge ceremony. After Tyler finds out that the merge is happening sooner than he expected, he urges Liv to let him talk to her father. Meanwhile, after Caroline’s plan to cure her mother takes an unexpected and devastating turn, Elena, Stefan and Damon gather at the hospital, while Jo attempts to save Sheriff Forbes’ life. Lastly, with the merge set to take place, Damon’s risky plan quickly sends things spiraling out of control, forcing one of the twins to take matters into their own hands.
Directed by Jeffrey Hunt
Written by Brett Matthews & Rebecca Sonnenshine

Producer's Preview:

Rules
* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.

This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

TFTT Mel Everyone enjoy the episode
I am the storm"

Anna
LabuanPearl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Things that were messed up about this episode from my perspective:

- DE just feels really forced to me. The whole being-near-death-makes-me-want-to-kiss-you thing is so old and overused. I feel like the writers aren't even trying anymore.

- Disappointed that we still have to put up with Liv, but Luke is gone.

- I haven't liked how SC have been written this season..but this? So it truly is pity love, Stefan promised to be there for her, instead of just being there for her on his own steam. I don't know why they decided to do this ship this way.

- I like Liz, but they should have had her die for real instead of wimping out and having that - again - so predictable coming back from the dead thing. They should have made a story out of Caroline having to deal with not being there to say goodbye to her Mom. Have some guts, show. Not everyone gets to have their little goodbye death speech before they go!

Sigh. This show.

~Katie~
Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wasn't that into this episode after how good last week's was. Disappointed that after Luke was just becoming interesting, he died. Typical but not surprising. I think that Luke should have had enough power but the show def. wouldn't kill off Kai so soon.

Quote:
I like Liz, but they should have had her die for real instead of wimping out and having that - again - so predictable
I have to admit, even though I was crying and didn't want Liz to die - if they are going to kill her (which I think they eventually will) then they could have just done it now. I don't want to watch her die twice.

Also, I understand why Damon did what he did - he was trying to give Liz more time to live and yes, I'm def. more into Liz than Luke and Liv. However, I don't think it was fair to sacrifice one of their possibly long lives for someone who will eventually die in a few months. However, Liz is his friend and we've seen other characters put other characters at risk for the sake of preserving their loved ones so again, not surprised.

Besides that, everything was sort of just the in between. Glad to see Bonnie will be in next week's episode.

Kem (Icon ; Tumblr)
naturellebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah i was disappointed in this episode too.

as much as i love liz on the show, if they are going to kill her off i wish they would just do it dont drag it out or have multiple deaths to pull at our hearts. doesnt she have caroline's blood in her still? wouldnt she turn to a vampire when she started to die?

i want to ship steroline so much but why are the writers making their relationship feel so forced and into pitty?
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)

- I haven't liked how SC have been written this season..but this? So it truly is pity love, Stefan promised to be there for her, instead of just being there for her on his own steam. I don't know why they decided to do this ship this way.
It's only made even more ridiculous, because Stefan would be there for Caroline without the whole pity thing... it's the romance that these writers are having such a problem with. I don't know why they didn't just leave them as best friends. I was not opposed to SC becoming more, it happens in real life all the time, but they have done a terrible job at trying to transition them. This whole thing is gross and disturbing. I also hate that they are trying to make it seem like Stefan actually wouldn't just be there for Caroline because he is her friend and making it seem like just a pity thing.. it's a freaking mess
|| Alex Manes ♥♥♥ || Roswell, New Mexico ||
You can't kill me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I would have been more inclined to believe it was a pity thing if Caroline hadn't overheard Liz and Stefan talking which I think was the most important part of the scene. It's not uncommon for someone who's dying to ask others to look out for their loved ones but like you said Stefan would have done it regardless. These writers do not want to write a happy couple and they're always looking for delay tactics. Look how it took 10 episodes for SC's friendship to get back on good terms when you would have expected them to sort out their issues much sooner. So I think this could be a delay tactic where Caroline thinks it's a pity thing and doubts Stefan's feelings if he has any. She already called him out for not returning her feelings in 6x07 and after hearing that promise I think she'll have difficulty believing him.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that Stefan was given too much blame for acting like a jerk when Damon died. He was grieving and people handle grief differently. Some want to be around their loves ones and some want to push them away and isolate themselves. I think Caroline should have respected that. I know as a friend she wanted to help but sometimes, people need to go through stuff on their own. Therefore, when Stefan was the one doing all the apologizing and Caroline was blaming Stefan for failing of their friendship (and for not returning her feelings), I found that to be very annoying. So in these scenes where Stefan's being all awesome and 'best friend of the year material', I still find it annoying that Caroline didn't share any of the blame for what happened to them. Sometimes I like their scenes, sometimes...eh.

BTW, I was just re-watching the episode and Liv and Luke's father said "One will absorb traits from the other. Both of your souls will unite into a new being." I wonder how that will effect Kai and how he behaves in the episodes to come. Luke was someone would risk his life to save his sister. Kai is one of the most selfish people on the show. There's gotta be some conflict there.

Kem (Icon ; Tumblr)
Old 01-30-2015, 02:37 AM
Master Fan

I loved Liz being sassy with Kai before he saved her He could have killed her immediately afterwards out of spite so it wasn't that smart but still funny.

Damon pissed me off when he made Caroline feel worse after he killed Colin But at least he figured out a way to save Liz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
I think that Stefan was given too much blame for acting like a jerk when Damon died. He was grieving and people handle grief differently. Some want to be around their loves ones and some want to push them away and isolate themselves. I think Caroline should have respected that. I know as a friend she wanted to help but sometimes, people need to go through stuff on their own. Therefore, when Stefan was the one doing all the apologizing and Caroline was blaming Stefan for failing of their friendship (and for not returning her feelings), I found that to be very annoying. So in these scenes where Stefan's being all awesome and 'best friend of the year material', I still find it annoying that Caroline didn't share any of the blame for what happened to them. Sometimes I like their scenes, sometimes...eh.

BTW, I was just re-watching the episode and Liv and Luke's father said "One will absorb traits from the other. Both of your souls will unite into a new being." I wonder how that will effect Kai and how he behaves in the episodes to come. Luke was someone would risk his life to save his sister. Kai is one of the most selfish people on the show. There's gotta be some conflict there.
I don't think it was the way he was grieving that was an issue but that he didn't have the decency to send her at least one text message to let her know he was still alive. He ended their friendship without a word and that hurt. How would she know he wanted space if he didn't bother to communicate with her and was lying? Caroline is pushy and meddles when she shouldn't so what else would you expect from her? It can be annoying, ngl

Interesting point about the merge of souls. Just watch the writers use this to redeem Kai the supposedly irredeemable villain to keep him around. If I had to choose I'd take him over Enzo though tbh.

Quote:
- I like Liz, but they should have had her die for real instead of wimping out and having that - again - so predictable coming back from the dead thing. They should have made a story out of Caroline having to deal with not being there to say goodbye to her Mom. Have some guts, show. Not everyone gets to have their little goodbye death speech before they go!

Sigh. This show.
That would have been the perfect way to make Caroline reach a breaking point. She's so good at controlling her grief and trauma that it would take a lot to really push her over the edge. But I'm glad Liz lived because I don't trust these writers to write a proper dark, guilt arc for Caroline and because it would have been so cruel I don't know how Caroline would be able to forgive herself.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 01-30-2015 at 03:18 AM
ElenaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I loved Liz being sassy with Kai before he saved her He could have killed her immediately afterwards out of spite so it wasn't that smart but still funny.

Damon pissed me off when he made Caroline feel worse after he killed Colin But at least he figured out a way to save Liz.

I don't think it was the way he was grieving that was an issue but that he didn't have the decency to send her at least one text message to let her know he was still alive. He ended their friendship without a word and that hurt. How would she know he wanted space if he didn't bother to communicate with her and was lying? Caroline is pushy and meddles when she shouldn't so what else would you expect from her? It can be annoying, ngl

Interesting point about the merge of souls. Just watch the writers use this to redeem Kai the supposedly irredeemable villain to keep him around. If I had to choose I'd take him over Enzo though tbh.

That would have been the perfect way to make Caroline reach a breaking point. She's so good at controlling her grief and trauma that it would take a lot to really really push her over the edge. But I'm glad Liz lived because I don't trust these writers to writer a proper dark, guilt arc for Caroline and because it would have been so cruel I don't know how Caroline would be able to forgive herself.
Not sending her one text message to let her know what was going on with him was part of his grieving though. His whole way of doing things was starting a new life and attempting to dump all the ties to his previous life. Stefan felt if he actually talked to Caroline, she would be supporting and make him want to stay in MF and he didn't want that. Is it something I would do? No. Is that fair to Caroline and the friends he made in Mystic Falls? Probably not. However, he just couldn't deal with that life anymore after losing Damon. He wanted to start fresh, pretend it never happened, make a new life. Remember, apparently he does it all the time. He's used to it and with Damon's death he had an even stronger reason to do it.

It wasn't the best way to handle things but it's not like he knew Caroline had the extra layer of possibly being in love with him as to why she was double-y hurt by what he did. That's on Caroline and yet she felt like she wanted to put the blame all on Stefan because "if I don't hate you for ruining our friendship, then I have to hate myself for ruining it, and I think that I deserve better than that. " I don't think that's really fair. I think it's on both of them.

Ugh, I wish they would just keep Kai as the sociopath that he is. Not every villain needs redeeming. Some villains are just villains.

Kem (Icon ; Tumblr)
Old 01-30-2015, 03:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
Not sending her one text message to let her know what was going on with him was part of his grieving though. His whole way of doing things was starting a new life and attempting to dump all the ties to his previous life. Stefan felt if he actually talked to Caroline, she would be supporting and make him want to stay in MF and he didn't want that. Is it something I would do? No. Is that fair to Caroline and the friends he made in Mystic Falls? Probably not. However, he just couldn't deal with that life anymore after losing Damon. He wanted to start fresh, pretend it never happened, make a new life. Remember, apparently he does it all the time. He's used to it and with Damon's death he had an even stronger reason to do it.

It wasn't the best way to handle things but it's not like he knew Caroline had the extra layer of possibly being in love with him as to why she was double-y hurt by what he did. That's on Caroline and yet she felt like she wanted to put the blame all on Stefan because "if I don't hate you for ruining our friendship, then I have to hate myself for ruining it, and I think that I deserve better than that. " I don't think that's really fair. I think it's on both of them.
I get why Stefan behaved that way and it's completely understandable and in character. But I think Caroline was blindsided by it because Stefan is always level headed and rational even in the worst of circumstances so she let her hurt cloud her judgment. She's only 'human' and so she didn't act in the best way either. In the beginning I was more annoyed with her but then Stefan took forever to apologize so my annoyance with her got cancelled out with my annoyance with him.

That whole quote from Caroline is confusing because she said that after she told him she forgave him. I just see it as the writers stalling so they'd be on bad terms for longer and an opportunity to give Caroline a girl power moment which they love to do even when it doesn't make sense.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:47 AM
New Fan

I'm not sure if I liked this episode or not

Disliked
- Still don't care about the merges. It reminds me too much of Dragonball Z/GT... but in this one somebody dies after the merge.
- I don't care much about Liv/Luke & their dad.
- Liv/Tyler: can't see/feel it.

Liked :
- Damon had some funny lines.
- Kai is such a lovely badass.
- DE kiss + scenes.
- SC scenes were a little bit too much. Why does Stefan all of the sudden follows Caroline everywhere like a puppy? I actuallly agreed with Elena.
- Liz scenes almost made me cry.

Promo for the new episode seems really good! Can't wait. And I love to see some Bonnie again.
Velvet.Underground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:53 AM
New Fan

Episode was pretty good...for just a minute during the merge, I thought wouldn't it be cool if Luke won and everyone was like "yay!" and then it turned out that Luke was evil because of the two merging? But...didn't happen that way.
FooFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

This episode just made me realize how tired I am of Kai and it also made me realize that this merge with Luke's soul is just a way to eventually humanize him and keep him around.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
This episode just made me realize how tired I am of Kai and it also made me realize that this merge with Luke's soul is just a way to eventually humanize him and keep him around.
I agree with everything, once upon a time I found him cool, now they're taking his character to extremes in a bad way and I'm finding him annoying, it'ss difficult to enjoy his character right now Unless they give him a real evil SL I really hope they won't humanize him, that'd be terrible, I'm so tired of villains being humanized
I am the storm"

Anna

Last edited by LabuanPearl88; 01-31-2015 at 05:48 PM
LabuanPearl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top