Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

^Apparently they think the retro show beforehand will suffice.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
i just dont know how in the WORLD they are going to fit everything in! What will happen to bonnie, Elena reuniting with everyone... will Jeremy be back or other characters? How are they gonna resolve the vicky thing and the katherine thing and also give time to wrapping the show? im so confused.
It really does seem like they bit off more than they could chew. Too many loose ends to tie up, but more than likely they will just mass kill a bunch of those loose ends .
Old 03-08-2017, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

Woooo one more day
Old 03-09-2017, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just know im gonna be disappointed. I just know it. I will get to about 20 minutes left in the show and be like "okay.... when is ____ gonna happen?" like, ugh, im so scared for it. I hate crappy finales.

the season started out so promising and then it just kept dragging and they kept adding storylines that they didnt need to add in there. like, whyyyyyy. they could have really dedicated this season to wrapping things up slowly. WHY. i CANT. Show writers can be so dumb.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

^Yeah, I know how you feel. At this point, it helps that I don't expect this show to be as good as it could be. Sometimes things come together well or there are good moments, sometimes not. I guess I'm hoping for a few good moments, anyway, even if things come together in a not satisfactory way.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

I'm just here for the lolz.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wish I could feel that way but Im still invested in this damn show.

I mean, yes it got bad for sure in its later seasons but not as bad as some shows Ive watched did lol.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tomorrow is the end! I wonder how it will end? Are we getting a new thread for 8x16?
Old 03-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah it should be up right!?
Old 03-09-2017, 10:39 PM
Elite Fan

It will be up in time for the episode. No worries. Anna has this .
Old 03-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome!
Old 12-31-2018, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great episode! Loved rewatching this one. Sad to be finishing this rewatch but I actually think season 8 was really strong. There were a few things I really didnt like (forever bitter about Stefan's end and killing Enzo) but for the most part i think its been super enjoyable.

Still HATE HATE HATE what they did to Bonnie, especially when they still have Enzo in these episodes. But her little moments with him were sweet and it seems she is finally putting him to rest. There should have been a time jump between the end of the last episode though because for her to just forgive so quick is a bit silly, plus Steroline would have had more time together. But regardless, i ADORED when she showed up the wedding, and giving Caroline the little tiara was so sweet. We know she is going to be okay! (The Damon/Bonnie dance was great too!)

I didnt mind seeing Matt's mom again because seeing old faces is pretty cool. It does suck that they brought her in just to kill her but she was never really a good mom to Matt anyways. Tying her into the Katherine storyline was smart and I also liked that we got to see Vicky at the end.

Alaric being sad about the wedding with S/C was a bit odd to me. We haven't really seen Alaric's feelings for Caroline hanging around after last season so I found that an odd choice. It felt like they just wanted to give him something to do. Instead I wish he had talked about Jo or something. The mention of Isobel was sort of cool though. I'm still sad that Damon and Alaric's relationship never really got back to what it was. Im sad they didnt get any last scenes in the last episodes to show that friendship because that was one of my favorite things about the earlier seasons.

The Damon/Stefan scene was amazing. I loved all the references to the past stuff that they have gone through, I found that pretty funny. I also loved the drinking and Stefan getting drunk and then Damon bringing him back to Caroline. The Damon/Caroline scene where he gave her Elena's necklace was the most adorable thing. I am so happy to see how far those two have come. I also of course loved the mention of Liz.

Throwing the wedding as a ruse for Katherine was kind of stupid but I am glad they all decided to go through with it at the end anyways. Caroline looked so happy when they did. The vows were so adorable. I loved Stefan bringing up the speech from Caroline about how he would eventually find someone new, what a great callback. I also loved Caroline mentioning her first time seeing Stefan at school and how she knew then she wanted to marry him because that was all in the pilot episode. The kiss was beautiful the wedding itself was so pretty and i loved the after scenes of them dancing together. In my mind i can pretend that after the wedding Elena woke up and then everything was fine. lol.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I did like this ep. nice to see Kath again. but yeah are matt and stefan friends now? I thought they were before, but the fact that steroline got married in the lockwood mansion...