Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

TVD Episode Discussion – 8x15: We're Planning a June Wedding - Airs on March 3rd

8x15: We're Planning a June Wedding - March 3rd

EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP I | WEBCLIP II

WEDDING BELLS? - A wedding is quickly planned in order for Damon and Stefan to lure a dangerous enemy out into the open. This looming threat puts the fate of Mystic Falls in eminent danger and must be destroyed.

Written byChris Grismer

Producer's Preview

Rules
* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.

This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.
I am the storm"

Anna
LabuanPearl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked the episode but a big portion of it did feel a bit draggy. But Ill try not to complain lol.

Bonnie showed up at the wedding. The BC moment was great. The Bonnie/Enzo scenes are so weird to me because it just seems useless that they killed him if they were just going to have boring B/E scnes thrown in there anyways lol. But I guess the ending “fight” scene was cute. Not surprised Bonnie's life hangs in the balance, but I have a feeling she will survive.

The Damon/Caroline necklace scene was really adorable. I love that they talked about her mom and that he gave her the necklace to borrow.

Stefan and Caroline were freaking cute. I love that they FREAKING GOT MARRIED. And their vows were incredible. When Caroline was walking down the aisle and the slow mo, it was so great! And Stefan’s face as he watched her. <3 And the kiss was so cute and so magical and YAYYYYY. My shipper heart is happy. (please dont eff this up in the finale!) The dance scenes were so precious too.

People thought that Katherine was going to take over Kelly Donvan's body but it played out a bit differently. It's not all that sad that she was/is dead considering how annoying she was. It was cool that Melinda reprised the role though, it always fun to see old faces. I do find it sort of cool that they are bringing Vicky back into the fold of things when she started with the show in season 1, but they just love destroying her character dont they? . She does one annoying thing after another.

What was with Alaric being all sad over Caroline? I’m gonna pretend he was just thinking about Jo there.

Damon/Stefan scenes were cute. I love seeing them as brothers that actually get along now. and lol @ all the compelled guests.

So much to accomplish in the finale, I dont know how they are going to do it all. I'd like to see Tyler again. Obviously Elena is coming back... Will Steroline remain married and together? Will someone die? Will Jeremy come back? So many expectations.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't have high expectations for this episode, but I was pleasantly surprised!

I thought they would try to cram a lot of plot in this episode at the expense of the characters, but they didn't. Perhaps it was good that they couldn't get Nina Dobrev for this episode to play Katherine, for there would have been too much focus on her. At first I was annoyed that we could not see her,
but when they revealed that Vicky is her henchwoman, and thus the bell can be rung again, it was a great twist!

This episode reminded me of the first season, not only because of seeing old faces, but because as they did then, they take the time to show relationship moments between characters.

Poor Matt! I am reminded of his sad family story. Not only do his mother and sister appear, but they work for Katherine in order to escape Hell,
which is pretty much the theme this season.

Damon is very nice this episode! He is a good big brother to Stefan and reminds Caroline that her mother and Elena are with her on her wedding day.

The wedding is beautiful, not just a ruse to get Katherine to appear. Even though I am not always a fan of Steroline, the look on their faces as Caroline walks down the aisle, in slow motion, is a look I have never seen from them before. Beautifully filmed and acted.

I love that the episode doesn't ignore Bonnie, and that Bonnie doesn't ignore her own needs, by telling Caroline that it hurts too much to go to her wedding.

I love that Caroline understands and doesn't just think of her own happiness, but shares it with Bonnie.

I love that Bonnie decides to go anyway and gives Caroline a crown as if they are still kids playing princess.

I am not a big fan of Bonenzo, but now that Enzo is a ghost, it is very romantic, and I love the scenes between he and Bonnie.

Bonnie gets her magic back in the middle of a fire! An excellent scene with cool effects.

Bonnie dances with Damon, although their moment is brief. He spends more time with Caroline than he does with his best friend who just experienced a great loss.

I have not been the biggest fan of Ric/Caroline, but they are sweet as parents, and I feel really bad for him and his many losses in life.

"Human Stefan is a lightweight". "Don't be mad, Caroline!"

Last edited by Truthisbeauty; 03-04-2017 at 07:56 PM Reason: emphasis
Truthisbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Liked the episode very much, it wasn't as cheesy and bad as I feared Tbh I was quite disappointed in the Katherine's plot and plot twist, the second we saw Kelly Donovan back and evil , I was sure her daughter too would have had a part in this, so I wasn't so surprised when she appeared, I find it quite lame, as her dressing and walking like Katherine

Kelly Donovan was annoying and always complaining as a failuring mother, she's even more now she's back from hell, I would have loved to spar emyself of her presence Kudos to papa Donovan, resisting so long with your throat teared apart is impressing Matt wasn't as annoying as ever, I even felt bad for him bc of his crappy family

Liked the Bonnie/Caroline scenes, very honest and real for the problems they have

The Steroline wedding was very romantic and beautiful, I was afraid it would have turned out to be only about trapping Katherine and Caroline wouldn't have had what she wanted, but I'm glad it was better than that, the kiss was so cute I liked the vows (beside her saying she was ready for this since day one, that was a bit exaggerating and unecessary to me considering their journey ), expecially when she said she'll remember their love for both in the end it was so touching

Enzo's scenes with Bonnie were very intense, the way he believes in her and their love I know he said she should move on and live her life... but I don't want them to get separated for good, there must be a way, Enzo's voice while he said goodbye broke my heart

Defan scenes were beautiful to watch, finally the brother relationship I wanted, love the support to each other and the team up, and they made me laugh so much when one was drunk and the other played with Katherine's skull

Daroline scene was very emotional too, loved that they remembered Liz as the good mother and friend she was, loved that they inluded the memory of Elena too, they came so far and they had beautiful scenes this season, cute honest relationship

Still think that with everything that has to happen afetr the bell rang, 40 minutes are not enough to solve them all properly, they should have give them more time for the finale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
What was with Alaric being all sad over Caroline? I’m gonna pretend he was just thinking about Jo there.
I thought it was that, tbh I thought he was thinking of Jo dying at their wedding, considering the twins were in the scene too and they lost their mother bc of that, I don't think he was jealous of Caroline
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 03-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Total Fan

Drunk human Stefan was the best part of the episode. That's all I got.

DollyJfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

poor matty he really has the worst luck with his family life. it was great to see kelly and vicky again.

as much as i love bonnie and enzo i just wasnt feeling their scenes tonight, they felt forced and unnecessary

loved the actual wedding scenes. glad that wasnt ruined by anyone.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Katherine was hyped for nothing since she didn't show up
Old 03-05-2017, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

Finally watched the episode....

Love how we get the hyped villain return of Katherine and she wasn't even in the episode. It felt like the perfect way to end this show tbh.

Damon - Gross desecration of Katherine's bones, but no shocker there.

Stefan - Meh. I felt like he wasn't even very present in the episode despite it being his wedding.

Caroline - Never going to understand how she can laugh with Damon and I hate the writers for forcing this "friendship". Also she's a damn vampire and her kids were in an explosion and she didn't think to vamp-speed to them?! And a human was able to hold her back from going after them? Wow.

Bonnie - Loved the little BE scenes. Hate that she went to the wedding. She has every right to feel the way she does about Stefan. And of course Bonnie is the one who has to put her friendship with Caroline first when Caroline couldn't do the same. That's not Caroline. That's something Elena would do tbh.

Enzo - Love my ghosty .

Alaric - I so do not get the weird unrequited love thing he has for Caroline. It's disturbing.

Matt - Was there.

Donovan Villains - .

Lockwood Mansion - RIP Tyler's house. At least you and Tyler are now free from even more abuse by these writers.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
she's a damn vampire and her kids were in an explosion and she didn't think to vamp-speed to them?! And a human was able to hold her back from going after them? Wow.
I knew there was something odd about this but couldn't put my finger on it at the time. Probably because I have to take off my critical thinking cap in order to enjoy the show!

I also was wondering where the heck the wedding was held and guessed it was the Lockwood's--did they say and I missed it?

Quote:
Katherine was hyped for nothing since she didn't show up
Yeah, it seems that Nina will have to play TWO characters in the finale--and shouldn't she just be playing Elena, one of the original MAIN characters?
Old 03-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

IMA I didn't even realize it was Tyler's house, I thought it was just some random big house in MF
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 03-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

It was definitely Tyler's house which made it even more weird that SC would have a wedding there. I guess the only defense they might have is that technically it's Matt's now, but still....very tacky all things considered.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

Sounds like a filler to me
Old 03-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

why would matt agree to have the wedding there? he hates all things vampires and and didnt think he even liked stefan right now?
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
why would matt agree to have the wedding there? he hates all things vampires and and didnt think he even liked stefan right now?
Because logic and TVD doesn't ever go hand-in-hand.
hurricane eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

i just dont know how in the WORLD they are going to fit everything in! What will happen to bonnie, Elena reuniting with everyone... will Jeremy be back or other characters? How are they gonna resolve the vicky thing and the katherine thing and also give time to wrapping the show? im so confused.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top