Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

It seems very weird to be adding so many things in when there's only 2 episodes left, but sloppy is JP's specialty.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthisbeauty (View Post)
Cool idea to tie Katherine in to the end of the series, but how in the heck are they going to wrap all this up well in 2 hours?
Chances are it'll probably all be rushed.
icon credit: avy
in love with you dummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

So Katharine is the big bad in the end of this series? Eh, I never thought she was much of a threat. Just a major pain in the ass - someone you couldn't get rid of for awhile. I honestly don't feel the excitement that's been going around the internet about her return. When Kai told Bonnie that the new Devil was someone that hated everyone and wanted revenge, Katherine did not come to mind at all. And when they all figured it out, I was like, really? Katherine? Out of all the baddies, Katherine becomes the new Devil? lol.....

I'm sorry, but she was my least favorite villain of the series.
sailthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

^I know, right? Honestly, I'm not excited either, except that it calls back to earlier seasons. I liked her at first, but like a lot about this show for me over the years, I grew tired of it after a while.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

I feel like they ruined her appeal in s4/s5. She was great in the beginning, but they screwed up when they had her around for too long. Also making her human pretty much messed her up to the point of no return.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
I feel like they ruined her appeal in s4/s5. She was great in the beginning, but they screwed up when they had her around for too long.
Exactly. They just had her around for too long. In the beginning she was the mysterious femme fatale who turned out to be a monster who turned Stefan and Damon into monsters. Later we found out that she was Elena's doppelganger, and that was an intriguing idea. We found out that she was on the run from Klaus and that to avoid being used by him as a doppelganger, she had herself turned into a vampire. She would do anything in order to survive, even trick and manipulate those she claimed to love. It was exciting at first that just when you thought she was defeated, she came back and yanked the rug out from under the Salvatore brothers. That is, until it wasn't--she came back from the dead too many times! I think it would have been good had she died when Michael drained her blood, as the vampire who drinks from other vampires. That seemed like poetic justice. But the Kat came back...again...and again...ZZZZZZ...although it was kind of interesting that she finally died by getting the cure and suddenly aging. That seemed like karma and was kind of funny. The problem was that by that time, I barely cared.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

This was a great episode, I really enjoyed it in my rewatch. If you just watch the show purely for entertainment and stop trying to make everything make sense it's so much better haha.

Sucks to see what happened to Stefan/Bonnie. But I am glad she was able to sort of forgive him by the end of the episode.

Kai was entertaining for sure. I enjoyed his scenes and I loved the ending when they stuck him back in "hell" in the 90's setting .

Human Stefan trying to kill Cade was dumb!! Not sure what he was thinking with that one. But that entire passage was great. Loved to see Damon sacrifice himself for his brother and Elena. And of course Bonnie coming to save the day was fantastic. She is always saving everyone.

Glad they killed Cade finally! LOVED the SD scenes and also the S/C scene at the end. So glad Stefan finally decided to just have what he wanted. The proposal was so sweet, and I loved the kiss. So happy they are back together.

Katherine being back as the "big bad" was as bit lame but I do like that they are brining things full circle and bringing them back into the fold.