Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2017, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

I get Damon stealing it then because everyone was engrossed in Matt's vision and he could snatch and sneak away easily. What I don't get is how they didn't just think to at least snap a few pics of the journal on their phones for later use. Really made no sense and just made everyone look dumb af.

And from what I got of the Stefan scene with Damon at the end he got a transfusion and stitched up in the ambulance. He didn't actually go to the hospital for doctors to look at his wound. Which was why Caroline bought pain killers and antibiotics in case of future infection. That's fine if they wanted to go that route, but they should have said that his wound wasn't that deep and really they only need to be concerned about infection. With the way he was stabbed it made it seem like he was on the brink of death and then a few hours later he's walking around like nothing when he doesn't have the benefits of vampire blood to heal him.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
An average male has 10-11 pints of blood in their body. Death happens when you have a loss of 5-6 pints. And ambulances always carry the universal donor type blood "O-negative" since it's safe to give anyone. With 3 pints lost Stefan would have gone into shock and passed out. He would have needed a transfusion and surgery to repair the damage. Him walking around like nothing a few hours later doesn't help the "newly human" effect .
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
I get Damon stealing it then because everyone was engrossed in Matt's vision and he could snatch and sneak away easily. What I don't get is how they didn't just think to at least snap a few pics of the journal on their phones for later use. Really made no sense and just made everyone look dumb af.
The plot really makes the characters look so stupid sometimes. They had 6 hours. Plenty of time to photocopy that whole journal.

It reminds me of how Tyler came all the way to MF to deliver that box with the Siren info. He could have also taken pics and sent it to Alaric who was head of the armoury. Or maybe use FEDEX. But he sent it to Matt. Someone who doesn't even want to be involved in the supernatural drama
Old 02-11-2017, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
A spy show, this is not. If it was then there would have been at least three copies of the journals hidden in different places. The writers really suck at making these characters smarter than average humans.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 02-12-2017, 04:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

i am so happy that kai is back. he is by far my fav villian on this show. i cant wait to learn how he is back from the dead though and with his head reattached. chris wood plays a bad guy so well.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Does that mean that everyone will be back?

{taek su mi sun}
Old 02-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

I have a feeling that without Cade in Hell the people there are able to claw their way out. I'm sure Kai is only the beginning of people returning.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

I wonder if Kai came back through the portal opened by Bonnie? Once her Mom burned Enzo's body the portal was closed? Or who knows? Maybe when Cade came out others followed and we're just seeing them now.

Quote:
i am so happy that kai is back. he is by far my fav villian on this show. i cant wait to learn how he is back from the dead though and with his head reattached. chris wood plays a bad guy so well.
I thought he was a great villain too. Sometimes he was funny, then cute, then irritating, then suddenly cold and then terrifying. I thought he had some chemistry with Bonnie too. I really liked his interactions with Damon and Bonnie.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was okay. Better than last week iMO but not the greatest ever. There was a lot going on but some stuff that I didn't care about.

I quite enjoyed seeing human Stefan. It's such a different dynamic for him which I love. The scene with Caroline/Stefan and the hug was so sad but sweet. You could tell Caroline just wanted to be wth him there but poor Stefan is dealing with his guilt. I loved Caroline's speech to him about making things right. It was just nice to see them interacting again. But Im confused on whether they are back together or not? lol....I agree with everyone else, him healing without explanation was very weird... They could have had the conversation in the hospital to make it more realistic right?

It was cool seeing Abby again (even though she is a beyotch for burning Enzo's body!) and I like that Bonnie has opened up "hell" because we will hopefully get to see lots of old faces. Seeing Kai at the end made me happy, even though I never really cared for his character before.

I liked having Alaric back. I liked the small damon/alaric scenes even if they felt a bit strange considering how they left things. I know Damon said "lets forget the crappy things we've done!" but Alaric literally tried to kill Damon... UGH this show...I like the involvement with Matt, he's actually part of the bigger storyline this season which I enjoy. I didnt care for the flashbacks though, snooze. Especially with Seline and Sybil. No thanks. Oh and did they ever explain why Sybil had an accent and Seline doesnt? lol.

Damon earning Stefan's freedom! I liked their last scene but i wanted more of a reaction to finding out his brother was human. I have a bad feeling the brothers are going to die together in the finale. Maybe Caroline will be turned human and her and bonnie/elena/matt will all be able to live out their human lives. Thats just the feeling I am getting.

Bonnie/Matt scene it was so great that Matt was apologizing to Bonnie.

I can't believe there is only 4 episodes left! Obviously they will Cade. And old faces will be back I'm sure. But I am definitely wondering how its going to resolve for Stefan as a human and SC and DE....

Last edited by Alexa; 12-30-2018 at 12:13 AM
Old 02-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthisbeauty (View Post)
I wonder if Kai came back through the portal opened by Bonnie? Once her Mom burned Enzo's body the portal was closed? Or who knows? Maybe when Cade came out others followed and we're just seeing them now.
That's true. Bonnie's scream opened a door, which is why she heard Enzo. However I don't think the door is closed because Bonnie's mom said everything Enzo needed to be destroyed, but Bonnie still has his blood in the necklace she's wearing.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
And from what I got of the Stefan scene with Damon at the end he got a transfusion and stitched up in the ambulance. He didn't actually go to the hospital for doctors to look at his wound. Which was why Caroline bought pain killers and antibiotics in case of future infection. That's fine if they wanted to go that route, but they should have said that his wound wasn't that deep and really they only need to be concerned about infection. With the way he was stabbed it made it seem like he was on the brink of death and then a few hours later he's walking around like nothing when he doesn't have the benefits of vampire blood to heal him.

I rewatched a scene from the episode and Stefan did end up going to the hospital. There's a sign that says emergency drop off in the scene when Caroline gives him the medication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Oh and did they ever explain why Sybil had an accent and Seline doesnt? lol.
There was a scene where Sybil and Seline first meet and Sybil brings up Seline getting an American accent to blend in.

Does anyone know what accent Sybil has though? It seems to change. Sometimes a little Australian accent comes out but what about the rest of the time? I really can't place it.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 02-13-2017 at 01:56 AM
Old 02-13-2017, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

i just thought it was australian but its definitely weird. Is that the actresses real voice?
Old 02-14-2017, 12:48 AM
Master Fan

^ Not sure. The Australian part is real since she lived there. The actress was actually in season 1 of UnReal and I didn't notice until someone brought it to my attention I liked her character in that. But as Sybil she was so annoying.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

It's funny--at first I was disappointed they went from a mysterious monster with claws to (another) beautiful woman-villain. However, I grew to find her interesting and seductive--which was fitting since they revealed her to be a siren. However, I have grown tired of her and was a little disappointed to see her again in this past episode! I find they tend to spend too much time on the villains on these shows and they outwear their welcome!
Old 02-14-2017, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

^It's not just because she's a villain though. Compare her screentime to the other two villains this season. She got as much if not more screentime than the regular supporting characters. It's because she's been cast in the Dynasty reboot pilot for The CW. After The Secret Circle got cancelled they wanted to keep Phoebe Tonkin around so they also moved her to TVD. Then The Flash had the same thing with another actress in S2. Sometimes it works since after playing Kai, Chris Wood got cast in two other CW shows and ended up getting a big fanbase.

And last season Julie was joking or not about a heretic spin off before the season even started and look how much screentime they got. It just annoys me with how they treat their regular cast because they've got other plans with these guest stars.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Most of this episode was pretty boring, all the flashbacks with Matt and the sirens bored me, even though I guess it was important to the storyline. Though I stopped caring about that plot a while ago. However, it was great that Matt got the focus and actually had an important role in the episode and Zach did a great job in the flashback scenes. I adored when he went to Bonnies at the end to apologize about Enzo, I always really liked their interaction and its nice to see a m/f relationship not be romantic.

Damon stealing the journal to help Stefan was great, I love the brother bond still, imo it my favorite part of the episodes. Their ending scenes in the episode were so cute. I love when Damon told him he thought there was a chance for their redemption. It sos nice just seeing them at the Salvatore house again together. Damon not making copies of the journal or at least reading it before giving it back seemed really stupid but this show often skips over dumb stuff.

Stefan dealing with being a human was hard to watch. I feel awful for him. I loved seeing Caroline be there for him the entire time, even if they aren't sure where they stand in their relationship. I wish that Stefan would just be with her again but I understand why he is so hesitant. Thank God she was able to save him, even though it unrealistic he was walking around so easily after getting a blood transfusion lol.

Poor Bonnie. I was so sad for her the entire episode! And Abby burning the body really sucked as well.

Seeing Kai at the end of the episode was so great! Missed him actually. He was one of the better villains the show had.