Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2017, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you, eternalfate.

Elena has done jack for Bonnie.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 02-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

seriously??? the bonnie/enzo relationship was the only thing keeping me watchng this show.

i feel so bad for bonnie
Old 02-05-2017, 12:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

^So sorry for you! I didn't always feel the chemistry but I liked Enzo and liked how the show gave Enzo and Bonnie the person each always wanted--someone who loves them as completely and loyally as they love them.

As for some of the other comments, I don't mean to offend anyone, but you can't take this show too seriously. Having once watched this show religiously but no longer (although I am following this season closely), I can say this, 1. because it will drive you crazy and 2. because this show has never been consistent. They will do whatever to whomever with whatever as long as the plot is exciting--it will not always make sense.

Speaking of not making sense, and no longer watching religiously, I am confused about the cure. I watched the convo between Caroline and Damon three times and I still have trouble getting it. Elena has the cure in her blood, so anyone can take her blood and be cured of vampirism, then another can take blood from THAT person and also be cured but if ALL the blood is drained from a person with the cure in their blood, that person will instantly age and die? That is how they think they could kill Cade?

Last edited by Truthisbeauty; 02-05-2017 at 12:12 PM Reason: clarify
Old 02-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthisbeauty (View Post)
Speaking of not making sense, and no longer watching religiously, I am confused about the cure. I watched the convo between Caroline and Damon three times and I still have trouble getting it. Elena has the cure in her blood, so anyone can take her blood and be cured of vampirism, then another can take blood from THAT person and also be cured but if ALL the blood is drained from a person with the cure in their blood, that person will instantly age and die? That is how they think they could kill Cade?
The cure makes you human. If someone drinks/takes the cure from your blood it ages you all the years you were immortal. Katherine was forcibly given the cure and she was human. Silas drank the cure from her and she started to age the 500+ years she lived as a vampire until she eventually would die (but she body jumped into Elena before that happened - a story for another time ).

So the thought process was Enzo would take the cure and live out a human life with Bonnie. When Bonnie died (Elena would wake from her mystical coma) and then Damon would drink the cure from Enzo who would then age and die and Damon would be human with Elena. With Cade in need of killing they wanted to inject him with the cure and then Enzo would drink it from him. Cade would age 4000+ years and die, Enzo would be human with Bonnie, and then when Bonnie died Damon would take the cure to be with Elena. Same outcome, but with more steps .

I have to say it is icky that Bonnie was just taking the cure from a comatose Elena. They should have had a scene where Bonnie told Damon that Enzo and her used the vamp-mind powers to go into Elena's mind and was given her blessing. Damon wouldn't have been as angry and it wouldn't have had the creeper vibe to it if the audience was aware that Elena gave her consent and blessing for this plan.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay, thanks for explaining it to me, but I'm still confused, probably because I missed some of Season 6, when Elena became human and was cursed to be a "Sleeping Beauty" (a nice idea the writers came up with). So Elena took the cure (from Silas' grave) and became human, right? Then she was cursed and fell asleep. Why then if someone takes it from her does the person not age instantly and die?
Is it the amount that makes a difference? I guess I'm wondering basically what the "rules" are? Do the rules not apply to Elena because she is a doppelganger or because she is currently protected being asleep? Thanks again!

I wonder if people are creeped out by Bonnie taking Elena's blood because they don't actually show Elena in the coffin (which is dumb, although they probably couldn't get Nina yet). If they showed her sleeping there and Bonnie looking upon her with tenderness and apology, I don't think it would bother people as much. At least it doesn't bother me, since there was so much talk of taking Elena's blood in the Klaus era, it was getting a little icky back then, but I accepted it as part and parcel of TVD plot machinations.

Last edited by Truthisbeauty; 02-05-2017 at 02:07 PM Reason: add
Old 02-05-2017, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Okay, thanks for explaining it to me, but I'm still confused, probably because I missed some of Season 6, when Elena became human and was cursed to be a "Sleeping Beauty" (a nice idea the writers came up with). So Elena took the cure (from Silas' grave) and became human, right? Then she was cursed and fell asleep. Why then if someone takes it from her does the person not age instantly and die?
Is it the amount that makes a difference? I guess I'm wondering basically what the "rules" are? Do the rules not apply to Elena because she is a doppelganger or because she is currently protected being asleep? Thanks again!

I wonder if people are creeped out by Bonnie taking Elena's blood because they don't actually show Elena in the coffin (which is dumb, although they probably couldn't get Nina yet). If they showed her sleeping there and Bonnie looking upon her with tenderness and apology, I don't think it would bother people as much. At least it doesn't bother me, since there was so much talk of taking Elena's blood in the Klaus era, it was getting a little icky back then, but I accepted it as part and parcel of TVD plot machinations.
Elena got the cure because Bonnie brought it back from a "prison world" which is basically a copy-cat world in another dimension stuck in time (1994 to be exact). Bonnie gave it to Damon to offer it to Elena. Elena was cursed because Kai (and some other witches I guess) decided to punish Damon by making him choose between Bonnie and Elena. As long as Bonnie is alive Elena will be stuck in a mystical coma.

An immortal taking the cure will only age if someone takes the cure from them. As long as the cure is running through their veins it's assumed they will age at a normal rate from the time they took the cure. Elena and Caroline are really the only immortal creatures that could take the cure and someone else take it from them without dying because they would only age maybe 8 years (I don't know what the timeline is, but they were both 17/18 when they were turned into vampires and not a huge amount of time has passed since that point - they would age into their 20s basically).

Stefan having been injected with the cure means he's human and will age at a normal human rate. If someone takes the cure from him all the 160+ years of his immortal life will catch up and he will start to age at a faster rate. It took a few weeks for Katherine's 500+ years to catch up with her so Stefan could have maybe over a month before his age catches up and he dies.

There is an assumption, but not explicitly stated, that Elena is frozen while in her coma so she won't wake up in 60s years and be an old lady, even with the cure taken from her.

If you can follow any of that nonsense cheers to you .
Old 02-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was SUPER BORING to me. Not necessarily bad but just bland. Up until the last like, 5 minutes or so LOL.

Cade really does nothing for me. I wish I could feel SOMETHING for the character but I don't. With that said he's a lot better than Sybil and Seline.

How many episodes has this been now without Alaric? It seems like such a long time! But maybe it was just the hiatus making it feel that way.

Loving the Matt and Caroline interaction! I used to love Matt and I still do sort of, but I do hate how they only bring him on to whine and complain about everyone else, its really not endearing. His friend is decent as a character but its just too late to introduce someone new that we should care about?

Damon/Caroline scenes were great. Caroline in general was one of the better parts of the episode for me.

Bonnie/Enzo scenes were boring and always have been boring to me. I never really cared for Enzo all that much but I did start to like him a tiny bit more this season and I think its crappy that Bonnie loses the love of her life (and on top of that because of Stefan). She doesnt deserve that at all. If anyone should have gotten a happy ending IMO it was her.

So happy to have the old Damon back. Seeing him so upset about Stefan attempting to kill Elena was sad but also sweet to watch. I also loved the stefan/damon moments. I am so glad that Elena wasnt hurt.

I love that Stefan is always mentioning Caroline as his "fiancé" and subtly wanting to know where she was. But they wrote him way too evil this episode. I was getting pretty tired of it. Going after Elena to kill her? (Which was absolutely ridiculous and so mean to the fans!) Killing Enzo? Trying to kill Bonnie? FOR REAL. It's just dumb. I still love him and always will. I don't think the show is trying to make Damon look better than him at all, I think they are trying to show that they are equal if anything. Damon killed Tyler, Stefan kills Enzo, they both go through bad and good moments in their lifetimes, we just happened to start the show with Stefan as the good one and Damon as the bad one. But they are both good and bad. As most vampires seem to be.

Stefan being turned into a human was a bit anticlimactic for me, probably because I already heard that it was coming. I just dont really know how to feel about it. I'm obviously really really really sad because I wanted SC to be together forever as vampires, that seemed to appealing to me! And I wanted Damon to take the cure and be human with Elena. But I also know how this show works and that there is always a twist. So who knows, maybe Stefan can be a vampire again. Or maybe S/C will die together or DE will. Or maybe Caroline can become human again too... IDK. I just have to wait and see what happens I guess.

Part of me is glad that Stefan is human just because he really really sucked at being a vampire. LOL. And it'll be a little bit refreshing to see him not having that blood lust or those cravings. I also feel like we will see the "Dead" again one last time before the show is over. Tyler, Enzo, Georgie, probably Seline and Sybil and anyone else they want to bring back for the shows sake. If Nina is going to come back then maybe we'd see Kat again too.

I just have no idea how they are going to resolve all this stuff in five episodes time. It has me extremely worried.

Last edited by Alexa; 12-13-2018 at 05:56 PM
Old 02-06-2017, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

I was creeped out because they didn't ask Elena for her consent because she obviously would have agreed so why steal it? You don't take other people's stuff without permission even if you intend to return it later. Elena is under the impression that she's waking up with the cure in her system because it was a cure given to her by Bonnie. And the writer of the episode implied that Elena is now aging in her sleep because the cure was removed. So if she wakes up in 60 years she'll be an 80 year old and her dreams of being a doctor and mother will be gone. At least had they asked for permission and she woke up she would know she was involved in that happening. Now imagine how she'll feel if she wakes up? It's like somebody uses your car without permission, crashes it and then is all 'Oops sorry, my bad....we didn't know that would happen'. Going into her mind was the decent thing to do

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 02-06-2017 at 12:45 PM
Old 02-06-2017, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Is she really aging? Because I could see her quick age to her 20s and then the coma freezes her again, but how is she aging now? They really need to stop explaining these things on twitter and just make it clear in the episode .
Old 02-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

^The writer said Kai didn't anticipate the cure being removed which might have changed the spell and she might age. We'll just have to wait and see. He said that she would age the 3.5 years since she was put to sleep and I think he meant that happened now. He tried to explain the mythology but I didn't get what he was saying It was a bunch of nonsense about a duplicate cure from the prison world and the change in the method of ingestion because people tweeted stuff from S5 about having to drain somebody fully to get the cure. He should have just said they retconned the mythology instead. So much simpler

E.t.a

Okay I checked up his twitter and he might have meant that the sleeping curse will freeze her real age. But if she wakes up in 60 years time without the cure she'll age to 80 years. Removing the cure makes people age to their real age.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 02-06-2017 at 01:30 PM
Old 02-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

You know your show is bad when you have to explain everything on twitter
Old 02-07-2017, 07:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

^LOL! Now I don't feel so bad for being confused! Thank you hurricane eyes for trying to explain it to me though!

Quote:
I was creeped out because they didn't ask Elena for her consent because she obviously would have agreed so why steal it? You don't take other people's stuff without permission even if you intend to return it later. Elena is under the impression that she's waking up with the cure in her system because it was a cure given to her by Bonnie. And the writer of the episode implied that Elena is now aging in her sleep because the cure was removed. So if she wakes up in 60 years she'll be an 80 year old and her dreams of being a doctor and mother will be gone. At least had they asked for permission and she woke up she would know she was involved in that happening. Now imagine how she'll feel if she wakes up? It's like somebody uses your car without permission, crashes it and then is all 'Oops sorry, my bad....we didn't know that would happen'. Going into her mind was the decent thing to do
I never thought they could do that--go into her head like that. That would have been better, then.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

No problem

Vampires can do it would have made sense if Enzo used his vamp powers to bring himself and Bonnie in to ask Elena. Even if they didn't show it Bonnie could have told Damon on the phone that Elena agreed instead of them just assuming she would be cool with them stealing her blood and the cure. It was just sloppily done and made them look like creepers to me.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was behind and just binged the last 6 episodes last night.
I am not okay.
I loved Enzo
Old 02-12-2017, 11:17 AM
New Fan

Need help understanding the heart ripping out business

Hi guys,

I do not understand, why is it that when Damon ripped Stefan's heart in episode 10, Stefan did not die, but Henzo did when Stefan ripped his heart out?

Last edited by LabuanPearl88; 02-12-2017 at 01:15 PM