Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

TVD Episode Discussion – 8x11: You Made a Choice to Be Good - Airs on 3rd February

8x11: You Made a Choice to Be Good - February 3rd

EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP I | WEBCLIP II

WHEN EVIL RETURNS - Cade returns to Mystic Falls and presents Damon and Stefan with additional assignments, each with unthinkable consequences. Even with tension growing in their friendship, Caroline and Matt do their best to protect the town’s residents from Cade’s appetite for their souls. Bonnie and Enzo hit the road on a romantic trip, taking the bell with them in hopes to keep it safe.

Written by Celine Geiger & Melinda Hsu Taylor
Directed by Carol Banker

Producer's Preview

Rules
* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.

This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.
I am the storm"

Anna

Last edited by LabuanPearl88; 02-10-2017 at 03:10 PM
Old 02-03-2017, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Bonnie deserves so much better than this. She's one of the most tragic characters in television history who just can't have nice things, I felt so horrible for her.

I just.. no words, I love you Bonnie.

Smart for Bonnie to give Stefan the cure, she had no choice.

I sort of agree with Matt resentment towards vampires and the supernatural, not everyone has to be a fan of it.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

I pretty much knew what would happen to enzo and stefan. Dayum intuition lol
Old 02-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

And this show continually screws with Stefan and Bonnie!!! Taking Enzo away from Bonnie after everything is just cruel, but it's Julie and she has been cruel to Bonnie since forever.

And Stefan being the one to kill Enzo is just bullsht.. seriously?!! How are Bonnie and Stefan supposed to be friends after that?! I am so annoyed.

Stefan being human is such a letdown... I was expecting it, but it was predictable in every single way. He won't get to see Elena now and I am so incredibly pissed off at that.

I can't believe how nonplussed I have been over the last few seasons of this show, only to get to the last season and be absolutely annoyed by every single thing that is happening
Old 02-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

I knew Enzo would die so that was not a surprise.

And I knew Stefan was going to turn human but I didn't think it would happen like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
How are Bonnie and Stefan supposed to be friends after that?!
I feel so insensitive to say this right now so I'm really sorry but I think they'll be okay. Bonnie free passed Damon for everything he did without his humanity. I think it will be similar.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I feel so insensitive to say this right now so I'm really sorry but I think they'll be okay. Bonnie free passed Damon for everything he did without his humanity. I think it will be similar.
I wish I could believe that, but this show has proven that Damon gets away with more things then any other character. Julie/co seem to like making every other character scrimp and scrap while Damon continually comes out on top
Old 02-04-2017, 03:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Seeing Bonnie lose Enzo and suffer broke my heart.
This was the most heart breaking scene I've seen on TVD in a long time. The only positive thing that I have to say about this episode is that Kat's acting in that scene was phenomenal, it gave me goosebumps.
I can't even put into words how this episode made me.

Of course it had to be the two most disrespected characters on TVD that have to go through all this *****, Bonnie and Stefan.

Bonnie finally found some happiness for the first time ever, and then Stefan kills Enzo.

And let's just be honest: The writers have always had a double standard when it comes to Damon and Stefan.
Damon kills a million people over the course of several seasons? No problem, we forgive him!! Damon kills Tyler? Well, he didn't have his humanity, so lets just forget about it, it's not a big deal. And isn't it actually Stefan's fault, because he forced him to turn like two hundred years ago??? Yes, of course! Let's make it all Stefan's fault!!!
But when Stefan kills Enzo, everyone will always hate him forever.
That's just how it goes on TVD.

Meh, I was hoping for a better last season.

Sorry for my rant.
I don't even know why I'm still so invested in this show.

All of this makes me so angry and sad at the same time.

e.t.a. On Twitter and tumblr I am seeing so much Bonnie bashing and it is making me sick. People are complaining that she didn't give Stefan a choice to turn human, bla bla bla... She did the right thing!!! I mean what was she supposed to do? Just wait for Stefan to kill her? These people are making me really mad. I guess I should stay away from the internet today

Last edited by Hummelchen; 02-04-2017 at 06:54 AM
Old 02-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bonnie/Enzo
Old 02-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Ok, must admit that I enjoyed the episode very much, it’s incredible that they can still surprise me sometimes Or maybe I was just lucky I stayed away from spoilers so half of it was a surprise So while I knew Enzo was gonna die (for how long? Difficult to sY, I bet 1-2 episodes), I didn’t imagine Stefan to get human… which is a waste bc to me his journey was to accept vampirism and now… well, he doesn’t have to anymore, or maybe they’ll change rules again to make him a vampire again Speaking of rules, I get this was the theme of the episode, bc I remember Silas needed to dry Katherine out of the cure to become mortal and now what? You need only 10cc, seriously?!?

BTW, was I the only one whose ears felt far better without Sybil’s annoying voice on anymore?

And here come the good things:

Caroline: I’ll ignore that she was on board to use Elena’s body as they pleased bc at least it was for everyone’s safety or that her plan was easy to be made for her bc she or her love relationship wasn’t much invested in it regardless or risked to be screwed (ironical ), and I’ll focus on the fact she was brilliant in this episode, loved her Both in trying to keep everyone protected (even that complaining walking human being of Matt ) as much as she could and in coming up with the plan itself, I loved her scenes, she kept a cold blood in the situation and directed it

Also, Caroline finding the time capsule and pics of young Care/Elena/Bon, that was cute

Daroline: I liked their scenes, the snarky and quick exchange of dialogues to work together to fix things, good team I liked that Damon didn’t consider a chance to sacrifice Caroline and tried to find solutions to avoid it and to kill 100 people, and I liked Caroline recognized his intentions to make amend of his bad actions in the past, they have their own dynamic of ups and downs, which IN enjoy very much

Cade: unbelievably I enjoyed his scenes, not the best villain at all, but he has this creepy side which is intriguing, he’s always so calm and cold even when he’s doing and saying terrible things, just wow The scene where he set himself on fire and ripped his own heart out was priceless and very ugh, but it had this evil glimpse very cute Hope it won’t really be solved as in “he drinks, he dies”, that’d be lame, but I expect it

Damon: I really appreciated he is recognizing he screwed up badly and he’s trying to earn forgiveness back, I like when it’s not easy for him Also I like the intention not to murder anyone anymore to be more balanced (it last like a cat on a highway, but details ), I’m glad his snarky side came out again, I was tired of moody grumpy Damon, I prefer when he makes snarky jokes And he tried to save the day, which a big for me

Love the Delena reference with him desperate for her life being in danger and begging Stefan and Cade to spare her, he loves her so much So tired of him being even ready (reluctantly) to risk his future with Elena to try to get rid of Cade and save the day and everyone wanting him to be ok with that, he can never catch his breath

Bonenzo were a bit too cheesy for my tastes, but still very much cute, don’t like they wanted to take the cure like that and violate Elena’s body, but I liked to see them happy and so in love together

And the bad things:

Matt: I so wanted Caroline to slap him badly in the face He’s unsufferable, can’t he see he keeps hurting other people feelings like he’s any better of them?!? Like one of them didn’t turn into a vampire to save HIM?!?! Like some of them didn’t protect him all this time?!? It’s in his contract to have to complain and badmouth his friends EVERY FREAKING SINGLE EPISODE!??!?

Bonnie: wish I could say I feel for her, but I don’t. Maybe I would have if she hadn’t decided to VIOLATE her best friend’s body for her own reasons and treat her like a damn bloodbag!!! And even complain bc Buh-buh-buh she couldn’t have her happy ending, ignoring she was literally stealing it from someone else ? rolleyes: I can understand that from a Klaus, a Cade, from a Sybil… hell, even from a bloody Ripper!Stefan, but not from Bonnie, not after she complais to have been used by everyone bc of her magic, not after Elena freaking sacrifized her damn life for her! Like I said in 8x09 or 10 comment, she wanted a human solution for her own love story? She could have found her own damn cure or another way, instead of going behind Damon’s back (but she’s his friend, right? Yeah, sure… ) and use Elena as her personal blood filling station without even asking permission!!!

Stefan: wow, just wow, I’m touched by how much disturbing and creepy his mind is (drowning Elena to get “a full circle”, I’m impressed ), and how quick he was able to decide which one to kill immediately to get rid of Damon too Oh but let’s see: he’s switched off, right? He’s not himself? He was forced to be like this.. or he chose to sacrifice himself for the twins, depends on the episode?

Enzo dead: seriously?!?! I feel sorry for him, he didn’t deserve this, regardless how long this will last, I wanted him part of the plan to get rid of Cade

And the things I don’t give a damn… which are the student guy and his sobbing story, the Maxwell device to read code messages, Matt being the sheriff (Poor Liz, better you’re dead than see this ) or complain or even being on the screen, waste if screen
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 02-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)

Bonnie: wish I could say I feel for her, but I don’t. Maybe I would have if she hadn’t decided to VIOLATE her best friend’s body for her own reasons and treat her like a damn bloodbag!!! And even complain bc Buh-buh-buh she couldn’t have her happy ending, ignoring she was literally stealing it from someone else ? rolleyes: I can understand that from a Klaus, a Cade, from a Sybil… hell, even from a bloody Ripper!Stefan, but not from Bonnie, not after she complais to have been used by everyone bc of her magic, not after Elena freaking sacrifized her damn life for her! Like I said in 8x09 or 10 comment, she wanted a human solution for her own love story? She could have found her own damn cure or another way, instead of going behind Damon’s back (but she’s his friend, right? Yeah, sure… ) and use Elena as her personal blood filling station without even asking permission!!!
Huh?
Bonnie has been the most selfless character on this show, even died for her friends.
Also, how exactly did Elena sacrifice her life for Bonnie?

From what I remember Elena didn't CHOOSE to be in the coma, Damon made that decision when he chose to save Bonnie and wait to see Elena for "60 years"

What are these sacrifices you are talking about that Elena did for Bonnie? She didn't have no choice since Kai did the spell to link Bonnie and Elena lives together. It's not like Elena thought of the plan or anything. Kai did it to make Damon suffer and everything up to this point has been DAMON'S CHOICE. If he kills Bonnie, Elena comes back to life. That has always been this storyline. Elena never made a sacrifice when it comes to this storyline.

Bonnie has been the most selfless character of the whole series and without her, about all these TVD character would be dead. Especially Elena.
Bonnie keeps on dying for Elena is what makes them a good friendship? Because that's basically what Bonnie was for the Gilberts Season 1-6, their lifeline.

Every single character on this show has made bad choices, went behind people's back to get their way but when Bonnie does it, she's the worst character in the world which shows the huge double standards towards her.

So, Damon should STILL be hated for forcing blood down Elena's throat forcing her to be something she never wanted to be a vampire.
Rebekah should still be hated for causing the car crash that almost killed Matt and turned Elena into a vampire.
Elena should be hated for getting Damon to mindwipe Jeremy's memory because of what she felt was write.
Damon should be hated on for killing Lexi just for the heck of it.

I mean I have a list of things characters have done worst than Bonnie but of course when Bonnie does anything selfless for herself, she's viewed as a bad person. Although all these other characters can use her for their selfish needs, over and over again.

Either way, the cure was going to get taken because everyone agreed they had to use it against Cade.
So, did you forget IN THE END, Caroline, Enzo, Damon and Bonnie were all going to take the cure right?

So, it's okay to take the cure when it's to kill Cade, but it's not okay to take the cure for Bonnie's happiness? SMDH.

THANK YOU BONNIE FOR TAKING THE CURE! Now she's safe because of that choice, seeing as how Stefan was on a killing spree at the end of the episode.
Enzo, Bonnie and Elena would've died if Bonnie didn't do what she did at the end of the episode...

So true MVP again, Bonnie Bennett.

I agree we all won't disagree, but I don't get how it's okay for everyone else to take the cure, but when Bonnie does it for her own needs, it's bad... she's sacrificed more than anyone on this show, even technically DIED because of it...
Old 02-04-2017, 04:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

^This!!!!!!!!
Yes!!!!!! To all of this, eternal fate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

Bonnie has been the most selfless character of the whole series and without her, about all these TVD character would be dead.
I couldn't agree more!!!
Old 02-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Bonnie died TWICE. (Three times if you count 2x18 when she faked her death with Klaus!Alaric)

Once for HER BOYFRIEND (and bc she didn't listen to her grandmother ) and BY ACCIDENT. So it wasn't her choice, it just happened bc she sucked at doing magic. The second time she didn't even die tecnically but that's beside the point She didn't die for Elena surely, since there was a big crowd on the others side I recall, and that was selfless, she didn't have much choice, but it was selfless

But remind me a second who saved her when Damon attacked her in season1? Or who did anything to bring her back in season5? Or who went on the AU and saved her from suicide in season6? She died for others and others saved her many times too, so let's not pretend the others never did anything for Bonnie Bennet. Because guess what? Everyone in this show suffered. Everyone died at least once. Everyone made sacrifices for each other, I'm amazed how after 8 years only Bonnie Bennet has to be called selfless yet

Elena still chose to stay asleep (which, btw, means no life with his brother, or Rick neither) and approved Damon and in 6x22 hallucination she told Bonnie it was her time to do something for her: that's called a choice too. Not that'd be the first time, but let's pretend it was, if she was so selfish she could have asked Damon to save her (or Damon could have chosen it himself) or the others to bring her back sooner (they didn't even try) She and Damon renounced of 60 years together (which may not be a big deal for you, but for others is), he's miserable without her and Bonnie KNOWS that, she knows they want a human life together thanks to the cure, yet she still chose to go behind his back instead of talking civily with him (they're friends, aren't they? That's what they keep saying, BFF and so on... ) and take the cure just like that. Just like Klaus or others, she wanted to use Elena as a bloodbag for her own reasons, like she's a filling station for her, and object. Elenais unconscious, she can't speak for herself and approve or deny that, it's disgusting. If Elena or Damon had done the same with Bonnie, people would have asked for their heads on a pike, but it's ok if Bonnie Bennet does it

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Every single character on this show has made bad choices, went behind people's back to get their way but when Bonnie does it, she's the worst character in the world which shows the huge double standards towards her.
And viceversa, for you Bonnie can't do wrong it seems, while others like Elena are always in wrong, always selfish, always to blame

Quote:
Either way, the cure was going to get taken because everyone agreed they had to use it against Cade. So, did you forget IN THE END, Caroline, Enzo, Damon and Bonnie were all going to take the cure right?

So, it's okay to take the cure when it's to kill Cade, but it's not okay to take the cure for Bonnie's happiness? SMDH.
I agree we all won't disagree, but I don't get how it's okay for everyone else to take the cure, but when Bonnie does it for her own needs, it's bad... she's sacrificed more than anyone on this show, even technically DIED because of it...
[/FONT]
Ok, either you didn't read my comment or I didn't write it properly, my mistake. I wrote that I don't like that neither, I didn't like the idea Caroline came up with: it's still violation of Elena's body. But 1)Caroline discussed it with Damon bc she knows how important the cure is for him; 2)none went behind anyone's back; 3)it was for a selfless reason to save them all (or they should leave a mass-murder psychopathic free playing with their lives? ), not to steal happiness from someone else to reach your own just like that (I remember people grilled Delena, calling them selfish, for having an happy summer bc they didn't realize she was dead while she was the one who made sure they thought so ). Don't like it, but I understand the necessity, but they should have found something else for sure.

That's what I blame Bonnie (and Enzo for the matter) for bc she didn't have the decency to discuss it with Damon too (or his feelings don't count bc it's Damon? And she was the one to bring the cure back for him! ), and she wanted to do it like a thief and used Elena for a selfish reason. Read my comment of 8x09 or 8x10, I already stated that I didn't like the idea of her taking the cure from Elena while she was asleep and for her own reason, and it was even worse than I feared, she didn't even discuss it with Damon

I frankly don't care if she gave it to Stefan, that's ok, she was defending herself and it was the only good thing to do. But for the rest sorry, I stick with my point. Bonnie was selfish this time and I'm intitled to point it out and dislike it, just like you're intitle to blame Elena for everything and call her selfish
I am the storm"

Anna

Last edited by LabuanPearl88; 02-04-2017 at 04:54 PM
Old 02-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

It's weird when I can't even manage to feel anything when the only thing I cared about on the show died...

Stefan - Honestly I got nothing. He killed Enzo, but Damon killed Tyler. Both brothers are terrible and done terrible things. Oh wells.

Damon - Not into the sunshine funtime personality. It's too weird. Even at his "best" with Elena he was never super optimistic guy. He works better as the sarcastic dick tbh.

Caroline - Glad she's super happy with being a vampire and can see the bright side of that life, but she also shouldn't just ignore all the bad aspects too. Matt has a point (though judgmental and dickish as he made it) about vampires meaning nothing but death and pain. As great as Caroline's life has been after turning it's also been filled with even more heartache and pain.

Matt - Ugh shut up. I get you hate vampires and I respect you wanting to live and die a human, but ugh shut up.

Random research dude - I don't believe that sappy story. There's got to be more about why you're all ok with the supernatural world. Sketchy is sketchy.

Cade - Sexy accent...too bad everything you say is dumb.

Enzo - Such a cutie pie living out all his crazy fantasies, but also kind of lame and boring fantasies. I would think he would do something a little more extreme or something. Loved that he was happy to become human and live with Bonnie into old age and even if he didn't become human he was happy to live out life with her .

Bonnie - Ugh girl we all know that the second you hear a sexy accent in MF it automatically means evil! You should know this by now. Sad about her losing Enzo, but that scream...I think she made her own dimension the way Cade did. Maybe Enzo is there waiting for her?

Old 02-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder if Bonnie will forgive Stefan too. I didn't ship Bonnie and Enzo but I wanted her to be happy. Plus I like Bonnie and Stefan's friendship too. I just want Bonnie to be happy why does Bonnie always have to suffer! However, maybe she will bring Enzo back.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WHAT THE ****?!?!?!

I loved Enzo! This is horrible.
ICON