Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers

ElenaBelle agree. Stefan was a bit of a creeper when it came to Elena in s1. That's part of the reason I could never really ship them. However, they already addressed the whole "Stefan is the reason Elena's life sucks" back in s2 when the doppleganger stuff was revealed and she realized she can't blame him or anyone else for the direction her life went because she was born into it. It's not right to blame Stefan for Elena's terrible life choices. I mean if it wasn't for him she would have died during the ritual in s2 and then that would have been the end. Maybe we should blame Stefan...
Old 12-11-2016, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)

Lol yasssssss
Old 12-11-2016, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
ElenaBelle agree. Stefan was a bit of a creeper when it came to Elena in s1. That's part of the reason I could never really ship them. However, they already addressed the whole "Stefan is the reason Elena's life sucks" back in s2 when the doppleganger stuff was revealed and she realized she can't blame him or anyone else for the direction her life went because she was born into it. It's not right to blame Stefan for Elena's terrible life choices. I mean if it wasn't for him she would have died during the ritual in s2 and then that would have been the end. Maybe we should blame Stefan...
I'm not blaming Stefan but he lived in secret for over a century for a reason. A vampire dating a human will always be a risk because vampires are predators and humans are prey. And he knew this. It's why he broke up with her pretty early in S1 and said he was leaving town. And why when Caroline decided to break up with Matt they talked about how it was probably best he stay away from Elena. And if Elena didn't look like Katherine, Damon probably would have killed her almost immediately. Damon tried to compel Elena so she wasn't safe from him and Damon was motivated by this because of SE. So I agree with Cade that not having to know her could have protected her. Also Cade said he wants people who are evil at their core. Basically he believes Elena always had the darkness (with or without Stefan) which makes sense. Why else would she have been so okay with vampirism to quickly and fallen for Damon? And he thinks Stefan would be good at finding more people like her. So he's not blaming Stefan for Elena's darkness or decisions. He just thinks Stefan will be better at finding good people with a bit of darkness in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I thought it was a cool little last scene for Stefan but we definitely need this whole thing to not last much longer.

Am I naive for hoping it'll get resolved quicker and the last episodes of the season can actually focus on the characters?

Yes I probably am, we will be stuck with Sybil and Selling until the series finale I bet.
It really was! Paul is great at emoting. You could literally see the switch. And it made me a little nostalgic for when I actually liked Defan

Considering how they ruined Dalaric and even Bamon and still need to figure out how to wakeup Elena I feel like these guest stars days are numbered. They need to start working on bringing closure to the characters. So I hope this serving Cade lasts 3 episodes tops. We need Damon with humanity to sort all the other stuff out.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 12-11-2016 at 11:12 PM
ElenaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The Vampire Diaries

Quote:
Also why did Stefan have Elena's locket? That was weird.
Stefan didn't have it, Damon did, he brought it back from the AU world, it's not the original one, but the copy
I am the storm"

Anna
LabuanPearl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
Stefan didn't have it, Damon did, he brought it back from the AU world, it's not the original one, but the copy
Ah. It seemed like Caroline went to Stefan's room for the locket though and then found him dead which is why I was confused.

ElenaBelle I know you're not blaming Stefan. It's the writers that are. And as much as I agree that Elena's life could have been a lot less complicated had Stefan not insisted on inserting himself into it I think it isn't right for them to blame it all on him. Had he not gotten involved then Damon might have since he was in town to open the tomb/met Elena already, or Katherine with her ties to Isobel and her anger that Damon broke her cover when she faked her death, or Klaus for whatever reason could have tracked her down. It isn't all on Stefan and it's not fair that he got that blame when there's already things you could easily blame him for.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The Vampire Diaries

Quote:
Ah. It seemed like Caroline went to Stefan's room for the locket though and then found him dead which is why I was confused
Oh, I didn't notice it, I should rewatch the scene The necklace Stefan gave Elena in season1 should be still in the secret cave where Bekah threw it, I doubt they went back and get it That's why I think it's the one Damon brought back from the AU world, not sure in which Salvatore bedroom it was, but it should be that one
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 12-13-2016, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, I didn't notice it, I should rewatch the scene The necklace Stefan gave Elena in season1 should be still in the secret cave where Bekah threw it, I doubt they went back and get it That's why I think it's the one Damon brought back from the AU world, not sure in which Salvatore bedroom it was, but it should be that one
So Rebekah got to take her necklace back? It was hers afterall. I don't remember that. It was the episode they turned Bonnie's mother right?
Old 12-13-2016, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The Vampire Diaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
So Rebekah got to take her necklace back? It was hers afterall. I don't remember that. It was the episode they turned Bonnie's mother right?
No, she was the one to throw that away I mean, yeah, she got it back in 3x09, but then Elena stabbed her and when she came back she kidnapped Elena who later escaped her and found safety in the cave where Bekah couldn't enter. They argue and Bekah threw away the necklace in hanger, that's the last time we saw it, the original one Yep, it was that episode with Bonnie's mother

Then we saw the necklace in 6x02, but it was the copy in the AU world, and that's the one I think appeared in this episode
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 12-13-2016, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
No, she was the one to throw that away I mean, yeah, she got it back in 3x09, but then Elena stabbed her and when she came back she kidnapped Elena who later escaped her and found safety in the cave where Bekah couldn't enter. They argue and Bekah threw away the necklace in hanger, that's the last time we saw it, the original one Yep, it was that episode with Bonnie's mother

Then we saw the necklace in 6x02, but it was the copy in the AU world, and that's the one I think appeared in this episode
I understood what you meant. I just think it's funny that it came full circle. It was hers so it's funny that she was the one to get rid of it. And I considered it being from the prison world because of the box it was in. I remember that scene because Ian looked so pretty in that shot when he was looking at the necklace in 6x02
Old 12-13-2016, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The Vampire Diaries

Ah ok, sorry Yeah, that was funny, it came to a point none seemed to want that damn necklace, not even Rebekah, and it was strange bc in first episodes she wanted it badly back
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 12-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

She probably wouldn't have cared about the necklace if Stefan cared about her I shipped Stebekah a little during that time so I get why she was cranky.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers

I forgot Rebekah threw the necklace away like that. I think after finding out her mother wanted to kill her she decided that she no longer cared about the necklace at all.

Last time I saw it was in a flashback on The Originals and Rebekah was wearing it (it was when they first turned/running from Mikael).

I think the scene was just cut oddly. Caroline was on the phone with Bonnie/Enzo and something triggered her memory to want the necklace so then she ran into Stefan's bedroom and saw him dead on the floor. I thought it was because the necklace was in his room, but maybe she only went in there to ask him where the necklace would be .
Old 12-21-2016, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Okay
Old 12-21-2016, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier of affinity (View Post)
Okay
Very well thought out contribution .
Old 12-22-2016, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

I had no words to such a well thought and educational post