Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2016, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

TVD Episode Discussion – 8x03: You Decided That I Was Worth Saving - Airs on November 4th

8x03: You Decided That I Was Worth Saving - November 4th

EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP I | WEBCLIP II

BONNIE'S CHOICE - As Enzo continues to fight the control over him, Bonnie finds herself at the center of a deadly game and forced to make a heart wrenching decision involving two of the most important people in her life. At the Armory, Alaric researches a mysterious artifact that he hopes will help in their fight to get Damon and Enzo back. Finally, Damon's downward spiral leads him to Tyler who attempts to talk some sense into him before it's too late. Stefan and Caroline also appear.

Written by Chad Fiveash & James Stoteraux
Directed by Michael Karasick

Producer's Preview

Rules
* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.

This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 11-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Everyone enjoy the episode
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 11-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

I don't think Tyler died since he was filming two weeks ago
Old 11-05-2016, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

^Oh good. Coz that's just mean to do that to him.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

So this episode was pretty good, but also dumb in some stuff *cough* Tyler's "death" *cough*.

Loved that Bonnie chose Enzo. I was worried, but was really happy she put Enzo first. About time someone cares about Enzo.

Really loved that Caroline decided to stick by Bonnie this episode. It was nice that she put her friendship first. It's extremely rare when you see the girls sticking by each other and not putting their love interests over them.

I'm guessing the sister siren is the nanny. And maybe the twins are also sirens since they were affected by the scepter thing . The siren stuff is lame. Over it already.

Guessing Alaric is gonna hook up with his student since she knows about everything now...bleh. Really wish she wasn't his student. It's so creepy.

June wedding stuff needs to die a quick death. Ugh.

Not sure why Bonnie was so upset with Stefan for picking Damon. That's like Salvabros 101 . Why would he put Enzo before Damon? So stupid. Though didn't understand why he didn't just snap both their necks to begin with.

And finally the last 2mins of the episode...SO. STUPID. This best be a fake out because I have never seen a more stupid death in my life.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This whole siren storyline is weird. And I don't really find her very intimidating or creepy. More just . . . annoying. Not a good villain coming from a show that's had some really great villains. (Klaus, Katherine . . .)

And it feels like a retread to me. Like in Season 6, Elena had her memories of Damon erased. Now Damon has unwillingly had his memories of Elena erased.

Scene between Sybil (however the hell you spell her name) questioning Bonnie about her relationship with Damon was weird. I couldn't tell whether it was the writers way of playing to the Bamon shippers or saying to them "it's not gonna happen." Regardless, I liked the Bamon stuff this episode (though I don't ship them romantically), but I was happy to see Bonnie choose Enzo when it came down to it, because I like her and Enzo together, and it only makes sense narratively that she would do so.

On a shallow note . . . I thought Tyler looked good. But that last scene felt like a bit of a retread, too. Like . . . all I could think about when I was watching it was, Well, the road scene at the end of The Descent is so much better.

I'm not digging the siren storyline, but I like the character and relationship stuff in each episode so far.

I'm guessing the sister siren is either the nanny or Alaric's assistant/student.
ICON
Old 11-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah the siren stuff is such a let down considering it's the final season. I would think they would do something like maybe bring back someone to be the villain or just make Damon the bad guy because *insert reason here*, but to introduce someone so lame and new mythology that makes no sense on top of that...just not into it.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess I am the only one who doesn't care about Tyler The writers never cared for him, so why should I and the last episode just proves it. His death or fake death or whatever the hell that was.. it literally made me feel nothing.

Stefan and Caroline continue to be the bright spot in this show. I also love how both these characters are not defined by each other... they continue to be one of the more healthier couples on this show. It's not saying much, given how ridiculous TVD can be, especially where love is concerned, but it's enough for me
Old 11-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

Tyler will be back, it was too obvious
Old 11-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

^Maybe that's the point. For the shock factor next week. When I first watched the ep I thought there's no way they'd kill him like that. But if I recall correctly in season 7 we were also left wondering if Damon killed Tyler in one episode which was a fakeout. I rewatched the scene and with that dialogue it does seem like it's real. And I've seen other people mention that Damon might hallucinate Tyler in later episodes. But I don't see Damon caring about killing Tyler which is what makes it so dumb.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

With the dialogue of Tyler saying Damon would always remember that moment he gave up and not be able to stop thinking about him does seem like he could be hallucinating him in later episodes (especially when he gets out from under the siren control), but I would hope that they wouldn't kill Tyler off so poorly. If he dies it should be done half way decently. That scene was just all around terrible.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

Of the 3 episodes that have aired so far, this was my least favorite. 80% of the show was Sybil talking nonsense, it was like listening to fanfiction. Instead of constantly wondering out loud about Bonnie's relationships, why didn't she just go in her head to find out? It's better to show than tell, and we could've gotten new flashbacks of Bamon's time in the prison world and Bonenzo's time in the cabin.

Stefan, Enzo, Bonnie, and Tyler all had their stupid moments.
Stefan - why didn't he just snap Denzo's necks right before the fight started? they would have been knocked out for a good 5 minutes
Enzo - why would he let Sybil know that Bonnie is the only one who can trigger his humanity? of course she's gonna want Bonnie dead after hearing that.
Bonnie - was she serious, scolding Stefan for choosing his own blood over a guy who used to make his life hell? Stefan has never given af about Enzo, the only reason why he held the fight off for so long was because of Bonnie. But even if he was friends with Enzo, Damon has always been his number 1 and always will be, Bonnie should know that by now.
Tyler - once Damon started walking away, he should have got in his car and drove away! Why stand there and poke the bear?

I'm wondering where Alaric's other intern is. Is he in on all of this?
Old 11-07-2016, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
^Maybe that's the point. For the shock factor next week. When I first watched the ep I thought there's no way they'd kill him like that. But if I recall correctly in season 7 we were also left wondering if Damon killed Tyler in one episode which was a fakeout. I rewatched the scene and with that dialogue it does seem like it's real. And I've seen other people mention that Damon might hallucinate Tyler in later episodes. But I don't see Damon caring about killing Tyler which is what makes it so dumb.
Shock factor isn't a thing anymore with the show, they just gotta accept it
Old 11-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier of affinity (View Post)
Shock factor isn't a thing anymore with the show, they just gotta accept it
I don't know...I thought how terrible that death scene was was pretty shocking . They usually can write pretty decent death scenes and that was just lame af.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have to say, I do love all the Elena scenes and flashbacks. I feel like it has to mean something if they keep showing her. AND WE GOT TO SEE LIZ AGAIN. SFDSFFDSDS.

Quote:
This whole siren storyline is weird. And I don't really find her very intimidating or creepy. More just . . . annoying.
THIS. Sybil is one of the most annoying/boring characters ever on this show, let me tell you. She’s definitely not scary. She was scarier in 801 when she didn’t talk. And why does she even care about these people? Seriously.

Quote:
I would think they would do something like maybe bring back someone to be the villain or just make Damon the bad guy because *insert reason here*, but to introduce someone so lame and new mythology that makes no sense on top of that...just not into it.
Yeah I agree. Damon could have easily just been the main villain again without his knowledge or wahtever, they could have “defeated” Sybil in a 2/3 episodes or so and then centered on that because it feels lame to have the FINAL season revolve around this. Why couldn't they have just defeated her this episode? UGH.

Quote:
I guess I am the only one who doesn't care about Tyler. The writers never cared for him, so why should I and the last episode just proves it. His death or fake death or whatever the hell that was.. it literally made me feel nothing.
I agree with you Nikki. I never really cared about Tyler and it never really seemed the writers did either so I dont care if he died or if he wasn’t going to come back or whatever. IDK, his character just felt a bit random to me and they didn’t ever go places with him like they could have I guess? I don’t know. I do agree with others though it was totally out of nowhere and random though. I feel like it has to be a fake out because it just felt weird in the episode. Why was it even necessary? Sybil thinks killing Tyler will hurt everyone around Damon? I'm really confused. They could have at least had Tyler more in the episodes/season? Michael looked hot though!

I do agree this was the most boring episode of the season so far, too much Sybil , it would nice to get this SL over and done with. Oh and as for the Bonnie/Damon comments from her, I felt like that was just a way for the writers to shut that down again by proving that Bonnie only had romantic feelings for him. Her choosing Enzo only proved that to me as well and I am glad that she did.

The A/S/C scene at the end kicking butt was the best part of the episode. I also loved Stefan picking Damon because well, I love their broship but maybe thats just me. And of course Stefan/Caroline are always amazing. Stefan/Alaric talking was great.