Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2016, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

TVD Episode Discussion – 8x02: Today Will Be Different - Airs on October 28th

8x02: Today Will Be Different - October 28th

EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP I | WEBCLIP II

WILLPOWER - After learning that someone from Stefan's past may be Damon and Enzo's next target, Stefan, Bonnie and Caroline head to North Carolina. There, Bonnie takes drastic measures in an attempt to break Enzo free of whatever has a hold over him. At the Armory, Alaric and Georgie stumble upon a mysterious symbol that may be related to the supernatural force controlling Damon and Enzo. Finally, Caroline gets an unexpected surprise from Stefan.

Written by Melinda Hsu Taylor
Directed by Pascal Verschooris

Producer's Preview

Rules
* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.

This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.
I am the storm"

Anna
LabuanPearl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Here we are, episode 2... with my beloved Elena's quote as title, yeahhhh

Enjoy the watch everyone!
I am the storm"

Anna
LabuanPearl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

Major feels for Enzo and Bonnie . I'm happy there's something to keep me interested in.

I thought this episode was a little better than the premiere, but still not great.

The return of Sarah Salvatore and then death of Sarah Salvatore was pointless for me. I don't get why they thought anyone would really care about her death when no one really cared about her being alive.

The evil mermaid is a creeper. I'm all for having someone come in to punish the guilty and evil and just be a pain in the arse, but the sexual harassment is gross.

I felt the SC engagement fell flat. I found the dialogue super weird considering Caroline looks at a diamond ring and the first thing she asks is if it's a friendship ring . Plus the way he proposed I guess was similar to how the SE proposal was in a s5 hallucination of them as human . Idk...I just felt that it could have been executed better.

Also super bummed that they're touching on hell mythology without Nina since that's supposedly where Katherine was sent .

Overall the episode had it's high points for me, but still not great imo.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I thought it was a good episode but it wasn't as good as 801.

The siren chick started talking and I was like "what?" She just didn't come off creepy or scary to me in any way lol. I thought it was better when she didn't talk. IDK this Siren thing is so weird and will be my least favorite storyline this season I can tell. Just doesn't seem cool enough for a final villain imo. I'm hoping this gets resolved earlier in the season and then at the end they can pull out some bigger guns.

As much as I love this DE first meeting scene, its gonna get annoying if they keep showing it. Can they not pull any other scenes? I do however of course love that Damon is thinking about Elena and that she's his humanity. Gives me hope that there will be some resolution to this? Maybe its gonna be easy and as soon as she dies his memories/self will come back?

I still think Georgie/Alaric are cute, I like their banter and her spark. She lights him up a bit. I prefer her to Alaric/Jo TBH. And now that she believes in the supernatural element of it, I think they will be able to connect on a deeper level.

I was never all that into Bonnie/Enzo but I really liked their kitchen scene, I felt the tension there and sadness from Bonnie, it was a great scene and this quote: Loved it!

"I can't allow myself to think about how important you are."

Their car scene was great too. and of course the ending kiss!

I agree about Sarah no one cares about her, which is probably why they chose to kill her off because it was easy to do.

OMG A DAMON AND CAROLINE SCENE. . But obviously it wasn't great. Evil Damon is so hotttttt. So I don't hate this SL for him because it kinda brings it full circle in a way.

OMG I WANT TO SCREAM RIGHT NOW THAT ENDING SDFDSFDSFDSFDSFSDSFS. I saw gifs on tumblr and i didnt think I was gonna get emotional but wow, that was an AMAZING proposal iMO. Setting up the room for the girls, the ring in the drawer, the teasing before he asked, then the kiss just GUHHHHH. That was such an amazing moment. WOW, I'm soooooo happyyyyyyy.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the ep for Bonnie and Enzo, SC was ok, not a fan. I liked seeing Elena, though not for DE. Alaric I kind of care less for with the new girl.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

They don't know what to do with Elena with Nina not coming back
Old 10-31-2016, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

They do though. JP had said that the ending for the show won't be affected whether Nina comes back or not so really they know what they're doing, but just doing a crap job of executing it.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

I'm already seeing contradictions with the siren storyline. Last season, Virginia said the monster strips everyone it encounters of its humanity. That's why everyone in The Armory was acting insane before they killed themselves. Now she just wants a couple of vampires to feed her bad guys.
Also, shouldn't Sybil have known about Elena and Bonnie from the very beginning? She used Elena's voice to get Damon in the vault and she was right behind Enzo when he was talking about being a hero for Bonnie.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

These are just JP's special plot holes. It's the last season so we get some extra before departing .
Old 11-01-2016, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
They do though. JP had said that the ending for the show won't be affected whether Nina comes back or not so really they know what they're doing, but just doing a crap job of executing it.
Oh well I didn't know that. Did she film any final scenes before she quit?
Old 11-02-2016, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
I'm already seeing contradictions with the siren storyline. Last season, Virginia said the monster strips everyone it encounters of its humanity. That's why everyone in The Armory was acting insane before they killed themselves. Now she just wants a couple of vampires to feed her bad guys.
Also, shouldn't Sybil have known about Elena and Bonnie from the very beginning? She used Elena's voice to get Damon in the vault and she was right behind Enzo when he was talking about being a hero for Bonnie.
I skipped over some of last seasons eps so I didn't catch the contradictions but I'm assuming they hadn't thought much of what the big bad would be when they wrote it. I don't think Sybil is the big bad. They keep on referencing Hell and I think Alaric said something about the Devil using sirens so the villain might be the Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier of affinity (View Post)
Oh well I didn't know that. Did she film any final scenes before she quit?
Probably not. Just because they don't have her there physically doesn't mean they can't narrate what happened to her. They could show her great grandkids in a flashforward or something.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 11-02-2016 at 08:46 AM
ElenaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
Probably not. Just because they don't have her there physically doesn't mean they can't narrate what happened to her. They could show her great grandkids in a flashforward or something.
I just thought they would have planned ahead after knowing she was leaving, by filming her final scene for whenever the make the series finale. And there was rumours of them doing that, but I guess it's not true.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier of affinity (View Post)
I just thought they would have planned ahead after knowing she was leaving, by filming her final scene for whenever the make the series finale. And there was rumours of them doing that, but I guess it's not true.
That would have been the smart thing to do, but we know that JP and logic don't mix .
Old 11-03-2016, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
That would have been the smart thing to do, but we know that JP and logic don't mix .
LOL I should have known better
Old 11-04-2016, 04:44 AM
Master Fan

I also think she wants to get Nina back for as many scenes as possible. If JP had her way she'd be back for multiple episodes but Nina doesn't seem to miss TVD