Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2016, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Not that big of an age gap. Though I personally would never date someone who was almost a teen when I was being born, but to each their own .

Never saw any of those shows, but the actress look super familiar.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

The age gap doesn't bother me... again it's because I personally think Ric just looks a lot older The power dynamics are off for me as well, but this is all personal. I am well aware that other people have no problem with them and that's great
Old 10-23-2016, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm 28 and I'd date up to a 50 year old man if he were cute like Alaric is. And a good guy of course. I think once you are over 25 age really doesn't matter all that much. My friends have married guys with that big of age gaps and the guys were much less attractive.

The only time I've had an issue with age gaps is like with Ezria and one person is in highschool or something icky like that.

I mean they tried to go the Caroline/Alaric route last season and theres a bigger gap there then with this new chick. I found that far more icky too because he actually knew Caroline when she was in highschool and she was friends with his ex wifes daughter. Too weird.

Nikki btw none of that is in response to you at all, but I will say I actually think Matt looks younger than 38.

The actress also played Abby on One Tree Hill... the one that was in the school during the shooting. And I saw her again on Switched At Birth as an army friend of Tys.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah I think it was OTH that I saw her in.

Eh I'm gonna be 26 in Dec and I still find an age gap of more than 8 years a little weird for me personally. I just don't think I could be into someone who is at such a different stage in their life from me. I think age will stop being a thing for me when I'm in my mid 30s .

But again my main issue is the teacher-student dynamic. There's an abuse of power with that type of relationship and it really bothers me.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

Nikki btw none of that is in response to you at all, but I will say I actually think Matt looks younger than 38.
I know that, hun It's all good I just wanted to make sure that people knew it wasn't really the age gap that bothered me
Old 10-24-2016, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

this premiere was better than others.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Eh I'm gonna be 26 in Dec and I still find an age gap of more than 8 years a little weird for me personally. I just don't think I could be into someone who is at such a different stage in their life from me. I think age will stop being a thing for me when I'm in my mid 30s
I think it depends on the person and what they are comfortable with, obviously. I like dating younger guys or guys my age but Ive found they are pretty obnoxious and immature with certain things. I did date an older guy once and it was nice feeling like he was secure and in control of his life and ready to settle ETC.

I was a bit confused on what exactly Alaric was doing and how they are working together?
Old 10-25-2016, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And I saw her again on Switched At Birth as an army friend of Tys.
Ah thanks, now I know where I know her from

I liked the episode. Thought it was a good season opening and it definitely gave me the "old" TVD feels again, which they didn't manage for me once last season
So I'm a happy camper
Old 10-26-2016, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think it depends on the person and what they are comfortable with, obviously. I like dating younger guys or guys my age but Ive found they are pretty obnoxious and immature with certain things. I did date an older guy once and it was nice feeling like he was secure and in control of his life and ready to settle ETC.

I was a bit confused on what exactly Alaric was doing and how they are working together?
For me I think I would feel more insecure because I'm still at a point where I'm just starting to figure things out and getting on track .

I think the girl and the guy were students of his. He called them interns I believe and I think that it's through his occult studies that he's offering them this program because they're clearly the brightest. He seems to be trying to keep them from thinking any of it is real though.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

During my rewatch I didnt love this episode as much this time around as I did the first but I still think that it was a strong episode. I like that it focused on our main group with no other annoying outside characters. Seline was fine this episode as the innocent nanny. And we luckily didnt have to see sybil yet. And I actually liked the new interns that were hanging out with Ric.

I liked Ric's storyline a lot in general, it was nice to see him back to his work and doing something meaningful for once because last season he was so obnoxious and worthless tbh. I really liked his little scene with Georgie too, it was cute. I personally am bummed that she didn't last all that long because I think they could have been cute, but I do get what people are saying about her being his student and being younger than him.

Stefan/Bonnie were great looking for Damon/Enzo and not wanting to give up and encouraging one another to have hope. When Bonnie discovered the siren and learned that Enzo was trying to get through to her, that was great. Always love watching be the BA and discover things that are going on.

Caroline was cool this episode as well, I enjoyed watching her and Stefan as a unit. When she wanted to move at the end and he just kissed her, that was really adorable. They function so much better as a couple imo, it just sucks the whole season didn't consist of that. I also liked how strong she was with Alaric insisting that they dont live together. She came a long way from her denial in season 7. It was cool watching her save her children as well.

Watching D/Enzo like that was rough but knowing it really doesn't last all that long made it more bearable this time around. Of course I enjoyed the little DE scene at the end and seeing that Damon still has his humanity deep down there and that Elena is what he is holding onto. Great moment.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

it was great to see the stefonnie friendship again.