Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2016, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

TVD Episode Discussion – 8x01: Hello Brother - Airs on October 21th

8x01: Hello brother - October 21th

EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP I | WEBCLIP II

THE BEGINNING OF THE END - Months after Damon and Enzo mysteriously vanished from the Armory vault, Stefantirelessly pushes forward with their search, while Bonnie struggles holding onto hope that they will be found. Meanwhile, a dangerous encounter with an unexpected visitor leaves Caroline and Alaric fearing that someone – or something – may be targeting their family. Finally, after following some mysterious clues, Stefan realizes that whatever has a hold of his brother may have a more damaging grip over him than he could have ever imagined.

Written by Julie Plec & Kevin Williamson
Directed by Michael A. Allowitz

Producer's Preview

Rules
* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.

This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 10-21-2016, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome to the beginning of the end, TVD fandom!!

Last premiere ever, enjoy it and have a good watch everyone, SYT
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 10-21-2016, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

I was pretty underwhelmed with the premiere. Considering it's the last season/KW co-wrote I guess I was expecting more.

Curious how you DEers liked it considering they seem to be using manipulated hallucinations with that s3 flashback.

I liked the Bonnie/Enzo flashbacks and scenes.

Felt bad for Stefan. Sure he coerced Damon to transition into a vampire, but he didn't force him into killing innocent people or any of the other things Damon had done in his 160+ years.

Alaric's student flirting with him...can't say I'm shocked since he was engaged to Caroline .

Overall I thought the episode was pretty dull for a season premiere/last season. Hope it gets better since there's only 15 episodes left.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

Are there breaks between the episodes?
Old 10-22-2016, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

Ok, it costs me a lot to say this... but I actually think it was a damn good premiere!!!
I fear they're going to waste all of this in a matter of time, so I'll enjoy it as long as it lasts, the slaughtered-house was creepy AF, and the marmeid seems pretty bad like this... granted, they can make her a puppy in a second, but I hope she'll unleash all the badness that was missed in last seasons

The student flirting with Rick is so cringe-worth, please don't go there, please :irkd: But I actually enjoyed Alaric's scenes, I like when he's in his element, among archeological stuff and so on, he can be a good daddy surely, but I want my professor back!!

Caroline and the kids, boring AF

Bonenzo, cute flashback and scenes Enzo very clever to lead Bonnie to the mermaids revelation even if it was a bit called when they came up with the Odyssey thing

I enjoyed Denzo scenes very much, missed their relationship, I find them funny and with a great chemistry together.... IDK how to explain it, they just work, IDK if it's Ian and Michael or how they write it, but the annoyed look on Enzo's face while Damon talked and their different POVs about how to handle the mermaid, it was all just perfect and I enjoyed it very much, the "dark badass team" is always a pleasure to my eyes

Even liked Defan scene, old style Maybe I'm too optimistic but I didn't see it negativley, I think Damon said what he said to push Stefan away to protect him from the mermaid, seems his plan Kind like Stefan in first eps of season3, but it'll end up the same way, none will give up on none

Loved my Delena's mention, glad we DErs got it, very well mixed Especially with the words "humanity" and "safe" linked to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
Curious how you DEers liked it considering they seem to be using manipulated hallucinations with that s3 flashback.
Well, we get what we can, we know we can't have Nina here for now
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 10-22-2016, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

I forgot he's still a teacher
Old 10-22-2016, 06:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

i love alaric but please dont hook up with anymore students (or girls half your age) but on the whole i did like his scenes in the cave.

i love the bonnie/enzo flashback scenes.

but on the whole as far as premieres go i found the ep kinda boring. i was expecting it to be so much better than this. the whole damon/enzo storyline just doesnt appeal to me at all being possessed by the siren
Old 10-22-2016, 07:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Alaric, please don't hook up with girls half your age, but meanwhile Damon it's all cool if you get back together with the love of your life who's 140 years younger than you and it's all cool if Stefan keeps banging Caroline's brains out.

I thought it was a pretty dull episode plotwise but I don't know, it had a decent "tone". I'll reserve my judgment until I see more.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

It's not the age thing that bothers me, but the teacher-student relationship. That's a serious abuse of power and just all around gross.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ What she said And to me Alaric actually looks like he could be a parent to that girl. Also Alaric unfortunately does get older. Stefan may be over 100 years literally, but the dude will never, ever be chronologically older then 17. Damon/Stefan's ages are too different to compare to Alaric's. IMO, anyway. I realise other people might have a different way of looking at it
Old 10-22-2016, 09:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
And to me Alaric actually looks like he could be a parent to that girl.
Sure, if he had her when he was 12.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

I think age stops mattering when it comes to supernatural creatures/vampires. They play by different rules. As long as they look the same age it doesn't matter to most viewers. Vampires get away with a lot and being a pedophile is one of them .

Besides, it's the teacher-student thing that bothers me the most anyway. Alaric was Caroline's teacher. He was a surrogate father-figure to Elena and Jeremy. It's just creepy. If she hooked up with a random human who clearly looked to be in his late 30s/40s it would be a bit odd, but not uncommon. I wouldn't feel gross about that.

If the cave chick that was flirting with Alaric was a colleague and not a student I wouldn't have an issue with it. They had chemistry, but it was ruined by the teacher-student thing.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
Sure, if he had her when he was 12.
Yeah, that is exactly what I meant Good grief.

Alaric looks really old... no offense to Matt... but that girl flirting with him squicked me out
Old 10-23-2016, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here we go, last season. I think the show needs to end and 8 seasons is definitely enough but its still sad, man once upon a time I used to just love this show. Gonna miss it in my life every week.

The kill at the beginning was so great. Reminded me so much of the first season. I hope Damon/Enzo arent shoved off all season but its way better than the heretic storyline from last season.

I dont like the kids on the show at all but I guess its nice to see Caroline still trying to help Ric. Thank god Caroline said they couldn't live together and thank god Alaric said she should go because what they tried to do with them last season was just horrible, its one of the worst things the show ever did so Im glad it seems to be done now.

Stefan/Caroline were of course my favorite thing about the episode, they are just so perfect together. The scene scene, the first scene, the moving in scene... all so great. I just adore them and I really want to see them continue to work as a functioning couple all season long. If we get a proposal at the end I will dieeeeeee.

OMG it was Abby from OTH. I like the actress though and I think her and Alaric could be cute. I don't see much of an age gap there and I don't really have an issue with it. I saw chemistry.... Its better than Alaric/Caroline thats for sure. lol. And I'm actually enjoying Alaric's scenes, they kept me interested.

"Hello brother" OH THE FEELS. I love my D/S . Stefan writing to Elena was a great touch too.

Katerina looked great. I really enjoyed the Stefan/Bonnie interaction. I also loved the tiny Damon/Bonnie scene.

The Delena flashback made me really happy. Just seeing Nina in the show, even though it was an old(ish) scene makes me really happy and of course I adore that she's the last thing that Damon is holding onto.

Mermaids, what?? What else can this show pull out?

I thought the premiere was pretty good compared to recent seasons. Can't wait to see what the season has in store for us!
Old 10-23-2016, 12:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

the girl that was flirting with him in the cave is played by allison scagliotti (she was on warehouse 13 and more recently stitchers ) she is actually 26. and matt davis is 38.