Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2014, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

I liked Kai initially but now he's working on my nerves. Bonnie needs to get back to the present ASAP because 1994 without Damon is boring.

Liam and Jo are growing on me.

Steroline and Dalaric

Liz survived
Old 11-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSoul (View Post)
My immediate reaction right after watching the episode: meh. I miss 6x05 and 6x06.

Damon/Elena: Too much focus and meh. I give Damon props for letting Elena go and being generally decent the entire episode.
Jo/Alaric: They were pretty meh this episode. And just when I was starting to like them. Maybe that's because my expectations had risen after 6x06.
Jo: Lol, yeah, we don't need any more clues. I knew you were Kai's sister the moment he said he let one sister live.

Liam: I still don't hate him. I sort of even like him, but I don't know if I want him to stick around and like Red Dragon said, I don't want to waste screentime on a char that's clearly doomed for ruin. It's okay if he leaves. Stories are made like that. Some characters have to come for a short visit and then go, but I just hope his end is not predictable. I hope it doesn't end in death and misery. Can they just compel him to forget and let it all go or something totally unexpected?
Kai/Bonnie: I'm not a huge fan of the 1994 scenes, tbh. They're okay, but they're no something I'm super excited about. But today, compared to the rest of the epi, it was good. Poor Bonnie. She was badass. And I kind of liked seeing Kai trying to be nice. I was getting sick of him being purely psycho. One-dimensional characters ain't no fun.

Favorite part: I think it has to be the ending, because for some reason I didn't see it coming, which I should have. I was expecting Elena to show up and for them to have a magical scene, but then we see the teddy bear! And Damon instantly says Bonnie's name and holds it to him. N'aww. For the record, I am NOT a Bamon shipper. However, I could ship a platonic friendship. It was cute.

Edit: Oh, right. I forgot to talk about Steroline/Stefan and Tripp. Lol, tells you how much that interested me. The Stelena scenes bored me, but I'm happy with the way they handled it. Stefan doesn't seem to be feeling anything (or doesn't know it) and he apologized, and Caroline told him she didn't blame him for grieving, etc.

I feel sorry for Tripp, but he had it coming. I hope Matt steps up to the game soon (doubt he will.) I didn't want to kick Enzo this episode. YAY SHERIFF FORBES LIVES.

Edit 2: Damon also had some great lines this episode. I particularly liked the one to Jo about her repeating the saving act she pulled at the border. XD

Edit 3: Right. Liv and Tyler (and Luke) were in this episode. Their incredibly short scenes were good enough.
I don't really like any new characters and I don't like DE at all...
Old 11-16-2014, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the episode. I liked Damon in this episode and was okay with the Damon and Elena's interactions.

I like that Enzo is "bad". It is nice that we have a vampire on the show. I was okay that Tripp was killed...I didn't expect it to go down the way it did but I didn't feel sorry for him. I think Matt will turn on the group and I hope this will be interesting.

I have actually enjoyed some of Caroline this season. I'm happy she has stood up to Stefan. Stefan just doesn't seem to be into Caroline at all. I always liked their friendship and I am sorry that seems so low right now. I would like to see that repaired without a romance. I will keep hoping for Enzo and Caroline to hook up.

Liz was okay. I'm happy!

I was happy Damon learned about Bonnie and I look forward to next week!

So far this season is a big improvement from season 5. I'm actually looking forward to episodes.

Regarding the new characters, I'm really enjoying Kia. The actor is doing a great job. Jo is okay and I'm still waiting to see what happens. Liam seems to be a bit obsessive...this is getting old quick.

Last edited by Ann357; 11-16-2014 at 07:13 AM
Old 11-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Rehash

Old 08-28-2017, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

So funny watching people say that Stefan's not into Caroline knowing now they got married.

Loved the Damon and Alaric scene in the hospital. Glad to get another one. The banter is hilarious and I like that Damon didn’t get too upset with him.

Jo was cute asking Alaric on the date. I liked their interaction and it was obvious this episode that she was related to Kai.

Really enjoyed the Liv/Tyler scenes this episode as well. Just wish we got a bit more.

I enjoyed the Kai and Bonnie scenes. They have good chemistry together so for once I am pretty interested in her storyline. Damon finding the bear at the end of the episode was so great! YAY. Go save her Damon!

Enzo torturing Trip was a bit boring but Matt and Stefan being there made it a lot more bearable. I do like this storyline because it’s pretty simplistic. He’s killing Vampires, that’s about it. So much better than doppelgängers and the Tess storyline we had last season . And I liked that Matt was finally defending his friends. Its kind of a shame he died so quickly because in hindsight the SL seems kinda pointless but at the same time I like that they wrapped it up I guess.

It sucked seeing Elena reject Damon but I like that it’s not going to be easy for them. Elena saying Damon’s eyes were blue and pretty. Liam is a dud. Cant say I loved seeing Caroline tell her to move on, but I will assume she’s projecting because of her Stefan issues. I loved when Damon saw her walk in with Liam. Poor baby. Elena trying to hard to ignore him was funny and even when he compelled Liam she still agreed to dance with him. The DE dance scene was adorable, it reminded me of their moments in 111 with Damon teasing her. Despite her best efforts she cant help but feel lighter and happier around him. I love that she went from telling him off to then telling him she wanted to know more about them and completely forgot about Liam. And the fact that she was willing to cross the border to get her memories back? OMG. She’s already in deep! I loved the end when she wanted to know more and Damon wanted her to be happy and live her life and was willing to give them space. Him lying over the rain kiss agsdgdgdsgds. As much as it also hurt to watch I do love the angst. AND DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT DE RAIN KISS. That scene was everything. “Promise me this is forever.” sdfdsfsdfs

I loved how much Stefan was bugging Caroline at the beginning. He cant stand that she isn’t talking to him right now. The scene with Enzo GAVE ME LIFE. “She hates you because she doesn’t really hate you at all.” safsdfsdfsd. Stefan’s reaction was definitely odd because it seems that he would already sort of know how she felt but I kinda like this route, with him feeling surprised by the information. How he can be so oblivious, I don’t really know but I kinda like it because now the wheels are turning in his head. I like that he asked her at the hospital why she liked him because again, he could have just ignored it but he wanted to know. Deep down he did/does have feelings for he too but I just dont think he’s ready to accept them yet. Caroline’s speech to him about why she liked him was so sweet. I also love that he didn’t say he didn’t feel it back, just that he wasn’t sure how he felt and I also love that he apologized. Her saying she hated him was too much for me. At this point I feel like she should have forgiven him. He seemed sincere in that apology. But I get why she is being stubborn, especially now. She feels dumb for having feelings and him not even noticing.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am liking sterolines friendship. But I am not liking how Stefan is starting to treat her.