Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by this new sun (View Post)
I still have hope for Bonnie. I mean, if Kai can't be killed, does that mean that Bonnie can't die in there either?
After the get along crew have thier fun time, one of them will remember Bonnie exsistance and try to get her back to the other side. I pray for the day Bonnie says "Dueces" and leave Mystic Falls for good!
Old 11-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I might be in the minority here but I am actually enjoying Elena and her new love interest. They are so cute and seem to have a "normal" courtship. It just convinces me that Elena should be with someone whose last name isn't Salvatore.
I find it kind of funny that Vampire Elena is dating a human.

They have completely ruined Stefan and Caroline's friendship. They are just so weird now.

I liked Liv/Tyler scenes.

I also like how Damon tried to protect Bonnie from Kai...they have really formed a bond and it was nice to see.

Alaric was a complete douche in the episode.

And of course Defan scene in the end was great. Nice little monologue from Stefan. The cry face, the hug. Utter perfection.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSoul (View Post)
The problem for me, I think, is that I'm not sure this is intentional. I would accept this if I knew the writers had thought this through perfectly and had such a grasp on Bonnie's char that they make her suppress all of her emotions for the sake of consistency. I love a writer who knows exactly what they're doing, and I really hope they do. But I think it comes down to the fact that they're just too concerned about showing Elena's grief, and Damon's and (sometimes) Stefan's to give Bonnie the thought she deserves.
Yea, it's hard to know the writers true intentions - whether they're not showing how Bonnie's feelings because they feel that it fits her character or because they feel like they don't have time to do so. I think the writers have made sure to demonstrate that people like Caroline and Jeremy are pretty emotional since the very beginning of the show and have kept that consistent throughout. Since Grams death, Bonnie has been more reserved with her emotions and feelings. I do think Bonnie's lack of self-preservation is a bit unrealistic but it's definitely consistent throughout the show.

Reminded of another moment I like from the episode, when Bonnie straight up threw an axe at Kai and "killed" him. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 11-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrinaa (View Post)
I might be in the minority here but I am actually enjoying Elena and her new love interest. They are so cute and seem to have a "normal" courtship. It just convinces me that Elena should be with someone whose last name isn't Salvatore.

They have completely ruined Stefan and Caroline's friendship. They are just so weird now.

I liked Liv/Tyler scenes.

I also like how Damon tried to protect Bonnie from Kai...they have really formed a bond and it was nice to see.

Alaric was a complete douche in the episode.

And of course Defan scene in the end was great. Nice little monologue from Stefan. The cry face, the hug. Utter perfection.
I agree with everything.

Naturellabella I'd just like to see a scene where Bonnie is indignant for some reason and lists all the things she's sacrificed for everyone and all reasons she's the most badass girl around. I can dream.

Oh yeah... I actually found the axe thing a little weird. Bonnie didn't even flinch. But she's killed people before, hasn't she? So it wasn't something new. I don't remember. And yes, desperate times and axe murderer.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrinaa (View Post)
I think I'd enjoy Elena dating a human if that human wasn't Liam. I find him boring and annoying. I think someone like Aaron would have been a better option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSoul (View Post)
Oh yeah... I actually found the axe thing a little weird. Bonnie didn't even flinch. But she's killed people before, hasn't she? So it wasn't something new. I don't remember. And yes, desperate times and axe murderer.
No, I don't remember Bonnie ever directly killing someone. So I was taken aback and a little disturbed when she killed Kai like that.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

Finally watched the episode

Found it pretty much boring, TBH I save only the finale, the Defan scene was just P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.O.N. I knew Damon was back, and I was secretely hoping for a hug between the brothers... but it was all too much, they were speechless, happy, shocked, even shy to be face to face again... and the hug killed me

The Homecoming thing was lame, made me miss old gold period of high school parties, those were fantastic! And come on, Tyler doing that big accident was ridicolous, I get to create drama for the werewolf trigger, but this was too much!! Even though I liked he called Elena for help and his scenes with Liv, I didn't see it coming her killing the guy in order for Ty to be saved That was nice of her, I see more development for Liv/Tyler and I like it

Ivy... sometimes I find her funny in her behavious, other times just annoying, TBH I won't miss her in the end, so whatever (Little rant: seriously Caroline?!? Even I on this part of the screen knew she was going to snap your neck, it didn't take a genious!! )

Jo isn't the best guest character in the history of this show, but she's ok, I even find her cute in her shyness and insecurity Don't think she's supernatural per se, TBH, but probably have some supernatural protection over her I'm curious to see what they'll discover about her

I'm falling for Kai every episode more, I sooo wanted him to be alive after Bonnie had killed him, it's crazy!! He has that... serial-killer/sociopath/crazy attitude that is just perfect

Liam is a big NO as far as I'm concerned, he's snob, full of himself, boring Don't find him a threat but still, he's a waste of screen Not to mention that I find him and Elena embarassing together, I can't even

I liked the Steroline scenes, in the first one they were soooo married couple style I can't even And I like the angst they're creating between them, they came to a turning point to me where they told each other what the problem is and they can just heal from now on

WOW, Bonnie remained in the AU and pushed Damon in the light... let me contain my shock for this, didn't see that coming at all, it's not like Bonnie's SL since the pilot until now! Wish I could say I found it touching or intense or even noble and that I care about her fate, but frankly I grew so used to this that I don't care at all nor I mind it, it's season5 all over again, what a creative plot!

I liked to see Rick struggling with blood and still stay strong to help Jo, proud of him Also I like they're showing his fear to live again considering his past relationships and his present situation, hope he'll find stability in the end

Stefan, leaving Ivy to Caroline and run off? Bad move. But last scene was very touching so he's to me, Paul did well

Elena like this is not Elena entirely to me, but I understand why she's doing this and moving on, so no hard feelings for her, her life has always been a mess, trying to find normality it the least for her

So happy Damon si back!! Now I want more action for him, the fight with Kai wasn't enough!
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 11-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
Don't find him a threat but still, he's a waste of screen Not to mention that I find him and Elena embarassing together, I can't even
Seriously. I think this may be the worst romantic pairing since Bonnie dated her step-brother in season 3.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
Seriously. I think this may be the worst romantic pairing since Bonnie dated her step-brother in season 3.

Don't remind me, that was pure joke!!
I just think Nina and James have no chemistry at all, and he's basically a male version of April... probably he'll most useful moment will be investigating why Elena was "better" than him to heal that girl, out of his male wounded pride
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 11-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Ivy... sometimes I find her funny in her behavious, other times just annoying, TBH I won't miss her in the end, so whatever (Little rant: seriously Caroline?!? Even I on this part of the screen knew she was going to snap your neck, it didn't take a genious!! )

Liam is a big NO as far as I'm concerned, he's snob, full of himself, boring Don't find him a threat but still, he's a waste of screen Not to mention that I find him and Elena embarassing together, I can't even
Caroline turning her back on Ivy Not one of her smartest moments. I do like Ivy most of the time though and I would have loved seeing Caroline mentoring a newbie vampire.

I agree about Liam. His romance with Elena is the lamest thing I've seen on this show. Maybe it's intentional because he's just a plot device but if they were going to give Elena a love interest other than a Salvatore they should have made an effort with casting somebody who has some chemistry with Nina. It makes me miss Aaron and Jesse. Even Elena/Luke would have been better

Season 5 did a much better job with casting guest stars. I'm not feeling Jo/Alaric either.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Don't remind me, that was pure joke!!
I just think Nina and James have no chemistry at all, and he's basically a male version of April... probably he'll most useful moment will be investigating why Elena was "better" than him to heal that girl, out of his male wounded pride
That gif

I never thought I'd see the day when Nina didn't have chemistry with a guy.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
Caroline turning her back on Ivy Not one of her smartest moments. I do like Ivy most of the time though and I would have loved seeing Caroline mentoring a newbie vampire.
It was just too obvious, the "board games" excuse was a big red flag Sometimes Ivy is cute, sometimes I find it annoying, and not bc she has heightened feelings, just the basis of it, IDK

Quote:
I agree about Liam. His romance with Elena is the lamest thing I've seen on this show. Maybe it's intentional because he's just a plot device but if they were going to give Elena a love interest other than a Salvatore they should have made an effort with casting somebody who has some chemistry with Nina. It makes me miss Aaron and Jesse. Even Elena/Luke would have been better
I think that considering Liam's rival for Elena's heart right now, the writers probably didn't or even couldn't do much in that department in the end, they just say "Ok, let's pretend he has a real chance, it's not like someone will really believe it!" I'd feel even sorry for Liam (he's like a 12years old guy pretending to be a man, it's cute ) if he wasn't so annoying and snobbish

At least Aaron had a purpose in life. Granted, it was about complaining about his miserable life, but it still was something

EDIT:
Quote:
That gif
It's my standard reaction to Bonnie and... what was his name, BTW?

Quote:
I never thought I'd see the day when Nina didn't have chemistry with a guy.
You and me both Guess it can be consider a talent in some ways
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 11-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's my standard reaction to Bonnie and... what was his name, BTW?
Jamie...and my standard reaction has always been .
Old 11-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Jamie...and my standard reaction has always been .
Jamie, right! Mel!

I think that this year only Kai and Tripp are significant guest stars and can turn out to be good if well-handled
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 11-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

I think Jo, Kai, and Sarah will be the only new characters surviving past the mid-season finale. I see Tripp dying before the Thanksgiving break.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I agree with not being into Elena and Liam. Nina has chemistry with so many characters whether as Elena or as Katherine but the guy that plays Liam is like a brick wall. He's so boring and I don't even buy him being the "cocky" guy.

Quote:
Naturellabella I'd just like to see a scene where Bonnie is indignant for some reason and lists all the things she's sacrificed for everyone and all reasons she's the most badass girl around. I can dream.
I'd be down with that Bonnie deserves to have a good rant. You can call me Kem BTW.

Quote:
No, I don't remember Bonnie ever directly killing someone. So I was taken aback and a little disturbed when she killed Kai like that.
I think it is the first time. I thought if she were to ever kill someone, it would be a vampire. She almost did back in 2x02 to Damon but was stopped by Elena. It was a very quick decision for Bonnie but Kai is a murderer so I think if she was to kill anyone, it would make sense that it's someone like him.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)