Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban1o (View Post)
Show don't tell. The offscreen mourning of Bonnie was the writers crappy attempt at making Elena seem less selfish and justify her focusing only on Damon on screen. Damon and Bonnie died at the same time. Am I supposed to believe Elena took turns mourning them? lol
Well, I don't see the problem in mourning two people together in different ways, and I probably see Elena in a different way too so I don't see the selfish part and think she mourned her friend too... but everyone is free to see it in his/her own way, of course, we'll agree to disagree
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 10-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban1o (View Post)
Show don't tell. The offscreen mourning of Bonnie was the writers crappy attempt at making Elena seem less selfish and justify her focusing only on Damon on screen. Damon and Bonnie died at the same time. Am I supposed to believe Elena took turns mourning them? lol
Exactly. It's just lazy..... and another way for the writers to show they don't care about Bonnie.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickers (View Post)
This episode was not that good, imo.

Can't stand Damon/Elena. Elena and Caroline acted like Bonnie was a dog rather than their best friend that sacrificed everything for them.

I didn't understand why they were blaming Luke.

The only interesting bit was the end, imo.
glad I missed it. still wondering about the endgame.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Let's be honest, the writers not showing that Bonnie "friends" besides Jeremy are mourning Bonnie's death is bad writing.

If no one mourned Damon in this episode, some fans would be very upset. So to say "they had four months to mourn Bonnie" should be said for Damon as well.

I'm not going to act surprised though because before this episode I said and I quote myself "I suspect to see a lot of Damon scenes via flashbacks/hallucinations and a lot of Damon mentions when nothing really on Bonnie until the end." This show is so predictive that, that actually happened. lol
Old 10-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
[
I'm not going to act surprised though because before this episode I said and I quote myself "I suspect to see a lot of Damon scenes via flashbacks/hallucinations and a lot of Damon mentions when nothing really on Bonnie until the end." This show is so predictive that, that actually happened. lol[/FONT]
Yeah that crappy ass promo already told us what was to come
Old 10-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Omg imo this episode sucked! Yes I agree the writing is so lazy on this show! Its like wtf happened.

I only like the last minute of the episode. I hope 6x2 is better than 6x1.

Last edited by quin0611; 10-02-2014 at 07:54 PM
Old 10-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
Yeah that crappy ass promo already told us what was to come

I know! I wasn't expecting much from this episode, which is why I couldn't wait more till episode 6x02, sad to know I was right with my thinking.

I'm intrigued by where the Stefan and Caroline storylines will go.. even Tyler but really nothing interest me besides the last few seconds.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:

I know! I wasn't expecting much from this episode, which is why I couldn't wait more till episode 6x02, sad to know I was right with my thinking.

I'm intrigued by where the Stefan and Caroline storylines will go.. even Tyler but really nothing interest me besides the last few seconds.
Yeah hopefully 6x02 is much better why not just lead off with that since it was your biggest cliffhanger from last season...

Nothing really interest me from that first episode I usually can find something but this time NOTHING!!!

where was Enzo?
Old 10-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah hopefully 6x02 is much better why not just lead off with that since it was your biggest cliffhanger from last season...

Nothing really interest me from that first episode I usually can find something but this time NOTHING!!!

where was Enzo?

I know, the show returned and we still have no idea where Damon and Bonnie are, talk about suspense.

Yeah. This episode really didn't make me feel guilty for quitting this show. lol

I wondered that as well, but I guess he'll return next week. This week was all about mourning.... and mostly about Elena's grief.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:

I know, the show returned and we still have no idea where Damon and Bonnie are, talk about suspense.

Yeah. This episode really didn't make me feel guilty for quitting this show. lol

I wondered that as well, but I guess he'll return next week. This week was all about mourning.... and mostly about Elena's grief.
A complete fail, it what that was.
You've missed nothing. No worries. lol
They squeezed everybody else in it. One more wouldn't have hurt.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
A complete fail, it what that was.
You've missed nothing. No worries. lol
They squeezed everybody else in it. One more wouldn't have hurt.
Agreed, but I think this episode was suppose to be for D/E fans... not in a bashing way or anything, I just assumed that. the promo + episode was more for the D/E sadness.

I know I didn't. lol

Agreed, what would've been the harm of Enzo. His scenes probably would've been enjoyable... then again, probably the writers felt they had enough people missing Damon for one night?
Also Enzo might be the same, this episode showed a lot of the original characters moving into new and different storylines.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

1st: There was way to much Alaric.. seriously, dude, would you kindly get the hell off my screen. Why the writers brought him back, I'll never know.

2nd: Stefan is perfect and I love him so much I did wish we could get a scene of him knocking out that stupid boss of his though, dude was a total douche!!

3rd: Caroline is her normal neurotic self She wants MF back and she is firmly fixated on getting rid of that traveller spell.

4th: Elena is pathetic. I can't even feel sympathy for her.. she is such a shell of who she used to be.

5th: Blaming Luke for Damon's death is a disgrace. Shame on the writers for even going there, that left such a bad taste in my mouth

6th: Damon and Bonnie's predicament actually has me intrigued.. but it's only because of Bonnie that I want to know what's going on
Old 10-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think mourning two people that died at the same time for different lengths of times is possible. For example, if god forbid my mom and my best friend died at the same time (seriously, I hate even typing this, I need to go knock on some wood) I think I would mourn my mom longer because of the closeness of our relationship. Yes, Bonnie and Elena have been life time best friends and we've seen how Elena reacted when Bonnie has died in the past, so it would definitely take time to get over that but Damon and Elena have an intimate relationship. She doesn't just love him like she loves Bonnie, she's IN LOVE with Damon. She wants to spend the rest of her life with Damon. Unlike Bonnie, Damon was suppose to be the one that could never leave her because he was undead. I'm not surprised it's taking her longer to mourn Damon especially since she admits that she has tried to mourn him but just...can't.

Also, Damon even asked Elena why she wasn't using the drugs to see people like Bonnie and said she wasn't because she knows that if it was Bonnie, she would tell Elena that this isn't the right thing to do but Elena doesn't want to hear rational, logical advice. She wants to live in a "world" where Damon exists. Being able to mourn Bonnie the right way is actually a good and healthy thing.

The fact that it's off screen, well that's a writing thing. The show has always had a couple months break in between seasons except for between Season 1 and 2.

The premiere was okay, not much happened. Next week looks better. Enjoyed Alaric being back, all the DE, Matt, Elena...and the ending scene was pretty funny.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

i for one love alaric and am glad he is back. loved his scenes.

also enjoyed the caroline scenes and her voice mail messages to stefan. i cant believe that stefan gave up though on his brother. after everything they have gone through, failure is not an option. glad caroline is on the case and is still hunting for answers to bring back bonnie and damon.

not enough matt scenes. i realize he is human aand all, but he deserves a good storyline too

on the whole though, i thought it was kinda disappointing for a season premiere episode
Old 10-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Passionate Fan

I didn't think the episode was an un-entertaining as a lot of people were saying it was. It seemed like regular old TVD, to me. I've pretty much always thought it is entertaining, it just could never be a high quality show because it forgets about things that happened in the past, and neglects various relationships whenever it is convenient. It was really, really lazy writing to say that Elena had mourned Bonnie for months off screen. It would have been so simple to have her even gazing at a picture of her and Bonnie or something, to make it clear that she is thinking about her. They should have made time for that.

I think Stefan is just shut down right now. I'm sure we'll be exploring more where his mind is at in the next few episodes. He's probably going to snap or break down at some point!

I thought Caroline was adorable with her picnicking on the edge of town and hanging out with her Mom. I did feel sorry for her at the end..all by herself.

I did feel bad for Elena. I think it just boils down to Nina's acting, she is usually able to make me feel for Elena when she turns on the waterworks. The whole Damon hallucination thing was weird, though, because it was like just a shadow of Damon. He was sort of himself, but also seemed hollow. Totally different, IMO, from the Damon we saw at the end of the episode.

I'm not sure how I feel about Alaric being back. I think I was comfortable with him being gone, and he doesn't really fit anymore. But I guess they do need more adults on the show.

The Tyler situation just seems strange to me. So strange for him to be human again. Total deja vu to season 1.

The ending was so fascinating. I can't wait to see what is going on with Bonnie and Damon.

~Katie~