Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

TVD Episode 5x22: Home . Airs May 15th

AN EXPLOSIVE SEASON FINALE — Heartbroken by an unexpected tragedy, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) is focused on holding himself together, while pushing Bonnie (Kat Graham) harder than ever to find a way to stop the disintegration of the Other Side. Elena (Nina Dobrev) takes matters into her own hands and demands that Liv (guest star Penelope Mithcell) and Luke (guest star Chris Broshu) help her, but Liv refuses to cooperate until Caroline (Candice Accola) provides her with some personal motivation. Sheriff Forbes (guest star Marguerite MacIntyre) is horrified when Markos (guest star Raffi Barsoumian) uses violence against Tyler/Julian (Michael Trevino) to prove that Mystic Falls is now under the control of the Travelers. With new information from Sheriff Forbes, Damon comes up with a dangerous plan that relies on split-second timing from Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) and Matt (Zach Roerig). Liv’s off-hand remark regarding Stefan (Paul Wesley) gets a surprisingly emotional response from Caroline. As conditions on the Other Side worsen, Bonnie takes the opportunity to settle an old score. Finally, Damon’s plan causes a massive explosion in Mystic Falls, and everyone is caught up in the confusion, leaving a trail of heroism, sacrifice, relief and despair.

Rules
* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.

This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 05-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not watching live tonight, but I'll watch it. this show is not as addictive as it once was. I guess I'll still watch next season.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

so bonnie and damon died? that's what I heard and human elena.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think only Tyler is human. Elena, Enzo and Stefan were all vampires when they died so they came back as vampires. Tyler was stripped of all of his powers so then he just became a guy with a werewolf gene who had his neck snapped by Klaus so he started a fresh. I'm not sure about Alaric though because he died as like...an uber vampire hunter. He obviously didn't seem like that though.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 05-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder why the writers chose Bonnie and Damon to go to ~the other side~.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 05-15-2014, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 05-15-2014, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just re-watching the episode and while Damon is driving the car into Mystic Falls, she says "Hurry. We have to die while we're still vampires." because they have to be vampires (or a supernatural creature) to be on the other sides. Vampires was their final state before death.

Quote:
When the guy who usually comes up with the plans (whether they work out or not) and the girl who basically everyone goes to, to "fix" everything are gone - that's when I start to think oh crap, what's going to happen next and how are they going to fix this without them?

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 05-15-2014, 11:49 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Well since they now can make good plans there should be a really good chance for the plans to work so they'll have this fixed in now time
Old 05-16-2014, 01:46 AM
Loyal Fan

I think only Tyler is human. One of the vampires would have noticed/mentioned it if their hearts were suddenly beating again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickers (View Post)
I heard it was from the books? Haven't read them though so I'm not 100%.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

It would have been nice for Damon to ask about Stefan and to ask if his little brother crossed over.... you know.. since his whole plan was based on saving him This show is so stupid. Grrrrrrr.. I can't stand it. I wish Stefan stayed dead.. I would finally be able to leave this ridiculous-ness behind. Gosh.. the only show where I literally wish my favourite character would stay dead.. that is so depressing
Old 05-16-2014, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the tyler/bonnie. otherwise the finale wasn't that great. oooh stefan/bonnie, as long as bonnie is hanging out with the crew, I'm happy.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

This was the best episode of the season IMO.

JP and company seem to have permanently put to bed Silas and Markos. Both of these villians were big fails to me. One a silly love sick idiot and the other just boring.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

AMAZING EPISODE, never cried so much!

Be back later with a longer comment, for now I say it was perfect, can't wait for season6!!
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 05-16-2014, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
Just re-watching the episode and while Damon is driving the car into Mystic Falls, she says "Hurry. We have to die while we're still vampires." because they have to be vampires (or a supernatural creature) to be on the other sides. Vampires was their final state before death.
It's possible that Elena died as a human and went to the other side because she's a doppelganger which is a supernatural.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
I liked the tyler/bonnie. otherwise the finale wasn't that great. oooh stefan/bonnie, as long as bonnie is hanging out with the crew, I'm happy.
It wasn't great at all, it was so bad. I really don't know what's happened to this once amazing show. I might just give up now.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah