Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did not see that coming,i was so sad when they did that to Stefan,he cannot die like that,i know they wont kill of a main ,they better bring him baack

I think KW would have done a better job

travellers are way to powerful

{}
Old 05-09-2014, 10:22 PM
New Fan

Lol I thought Klaus was gonna come swopping in at the end and snap his neck.. when I read there was a big shocker at the end of this episode. Obviously he has his own issues in NOLA, I totally did not expect Stefans death to be the big shock end..
Old 05-09-2014, 11:23 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

I wan't shocked at all by Stefan's death it was clear from spoilers and stills for 5*22 that he would be gone.

And then Julie Plec has the nerve to ask people where they get all these spoilers - well hello lady your own PR department

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
His name pops up as an Executive Producer. He doesn't write for TVD anymore, unfortunately. His last episode was 3x01. KW leaving was a HUGE loss for this show.
Yep

Julie Plec and Caroline Dries are simply not good enough writers to create magic like Kevin was
Old 05-10-2014, 06:34 AM
Total Fan

PR department and just the fact that the show is that predictable these days.

You know, I thought CD would have been somewhat better considering she wrote the best TVD episode of all time (2x21), IMO. Like how?

Old 05-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbn (View Post)
I wan't shocked at all by Stefan's death it was clear from spoilers and stills for 5*22 that he would be gone.

And then Julie Plec has the nerve to ask people where they get all these spoilers - well hello lady your own PR department

Yep

Julie Plec and Caroline Dries are simply not good enough writers to create magic like Kevin was

Wait, what? She literally asked that?

I swear, she really is part of a one woman fan club for her own writing. Mostly everything is insanely predictable these days and I'm so tired of being promised all these shocking moments that fail to deliver. From Katherine jumping into Elena earlier on in this season to Stefan dying, it's all very predictable.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Well if you're gonna read spoilers, then don't expect to be super shocked?

I don't get it lol. I never read a single spoiler or look at a single episode still and I was floored but I also know it won't stick... Just from past experience with this show.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Total Fan

It's not spoilers because nothing was spoiled about Stefan's death. It was just obvious to most.

And Katherine jumping in Elena wasn't spoiled, but that's another thing that was obvious.

ETA: This also reminds me of when tons of people called Elena turning in the season 3 finale and that was something everyone on the show kept underwraps.

Last edited by DollyJfan4life; 05-10-2014 at 11:13 AM
Old 05-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

But hints and teasers are part of the spoiler world. Tv viewers don't really think ahead about what's going to happen. I didn't see it coming about Elena or anything "shocking" that happened on this show. The only thing I predict is that whatever problem they have, always gets resolved when it involves the main characters.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Total Fan

That's what I'm getting at though. There were no hints and teasers. Especially about Elena turning.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, but at the same time, people who discuss the show on the internet and speculate about things, tend to figure these things out in some way, but from my experience and the people that I know, if you're just a tv viewer, you most likely will not put any of the pieces together.
That's just how I see it. Maybe I'm wrong, but there's no one I know that expected Elena to turn into a vampire or for Stefan to "die" in any capacity.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Total Fan

Ok, I get that, but the fact that people have been able to figure out where the writers were going that many times says alot imo that this show has become very predictable.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I think that maybe they are more concerned with the tv viewer more than anyone else.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Total Fan

Which is stupid because clearly casual viewers have been tuning out.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I think that maybe they are more concerned with the tv viewer more than anyone else.

I highly doubt that.

The show since KW left is just about the triangle from hell and fan pandering.

They rewrote the whole mythology and you just don't do that on a show like this.

Nothing makes sense anymore with the plot.

It's no wonder the ratings are the worst they have been.

The casual viewers sure don't care about ships but when the plot and SL in general is written bad. They will quit watching. They aren't invested like the fandom. I have done that with shows in the past.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 05-10-2014 at 06:44 PM
Old 05-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Well, the CW seems to control their shows. I think that if I were a writer, the last network I'd want to write for is the CW. I respect shows that do what they want and not what fans want.

And regardless, ratings in general have been declining everywhere. It's hard to compare now to season one or any season for that matter. The rise in DVR uses, more shows available on netflix and just the original viewers growing out of shows like these, will play a part on it. I know a lot about this stuff cuz I'm actually involved in it. There are a lot more factors these days to take into consideration.