Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

TVD Episode 5x08: Dead Man on Campus Discussion. Airs November 21st

THE PARTY’S OVER – At Whitmore College, Elena and Caroline decide it’s time to throw a big party, but their plans are interrupted when Jesse (guest star Kendrick Sampson) suddenly needs Caroline’s help. At Elena’s request, Damon comes up with an effective method to get Wes (guest star Rick Cosnett) to answer his questions. At the party, Elena finds that she and Aaron (guest star Sean [sic] Sipos) have a lot in common, and Caroline grows more concerned about Jesse. Meanwhile, Katherine does a favor for Matt and manages to get through to Stefan, who is still struggling to overcome the events of the summer. Finally, Bonnie does her best to cope with her new reality, and Damon makes a terrifying discovery about a secret society.

Rules
* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.

This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT

Stefan and Katherine So excited!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bonnie's hair TFTNT Nelly! Looking forward to MK and SK scenes.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 11-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bonnie's hair Who are all these guest stars?
Old 11-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

That was an awesome episode... definitely enjoyed it, even though Caroline annoyed me a bit.
It seems to me that the best relationships -- the ones that last -- are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. One day you look at a person and you see more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. The person who was just a friend... is suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with. - Scully
Anna Dee
Old 11-21-2013, 11:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Heard the epi was very good
Old 11-22-2013, 01:15 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blackburn- (View Post)
Heard the epi was very good
It wasn't! It was almost boring.

Caroline was the only light - finally telling Elena what everyone knows!
Old 11-22-2013, 01:51 AM
Elite Fan

Overall, it was a really good episode!

Excited for Damon's SL!

Diana
Old 11-22-2013, 05:47 AM
Passionate Fan

I, for one, did enjoy the epi and it even made me laugh.

It seemed that boom right at the beginning of the epi the whole Silas and Amara and Quetsiyah and Tessa and etc, was over. Dropped and done. That was refreshing I thought to be finished with that whole story. Then as the show progressed bits and pieces of that storyline appeared, but it wasn't distasteful.

TVD slipped right into the Augustine Vampire story with that nasty professor, Wes.
That Wes is as nasty profess
How long he'll last is only a guess
His smug and better than thou pace
Only makes me want to punch him in the face.

I really liked Katherine in this episode and wish this side of her would be investigated more. She kinda took care of Stephan, she wallowed in her misery of getting old humorusly and she connected with her daughter again.
She needs to get her self together about how to treat her daughter from episode to episode.

Jesse became a super (?) vampire who lusts for the taste of vampire blood.
In the future I'm seeing Katherine become a vampire again, after doling out enough of her cure blood, and she is the one who then cures this super vampirism.

Come on Caroline, you saw how Jesse was attacking and Elena had to stake him. So they could just pull out the stake and he'd be fine, right?

Overall, this epi gave me alot to laugh about and to talk about.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:33 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by annadee (View Post)
..... even though Caroline annoyed me a bit.
Why did she annoy you?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:18 AM
New Fan

That was a waste....

All these years and these "travelers" were after Kathrine too. Why would the guy that was possessing Matt, even have that knife anywhere near him. The guy never mentioned anything about Kathrine, only Silas.

Tyler left Caroline in such disarray that she latched on to Jesse. The moment we heard that he feeds off vampires, we knew he was going to die. Did Damon forget how Caroline kicked his ass when she first turned? Being old means nothing, we even saw Tyler put Klaus on his a$$.

So Damon is not taking vervain anymore? That was the whole point of taking it, so that things like this doesn't happen anymore.

Caroline is jealous of Elena. We'll find out down the line that she's Sired to Damon also. Not just to the degree that other chick (in New Orleans) and Elena was.

So wait... if you feed a freshly knew vampire some "special blood" it'll make him only crave vampire blood. No magic required to achieve that, just good old science. That still was a stupid plan because they wouldn't die from being drained of blood. Then you would've had the ones that figured it out and staked the ones who feed on their own kind.

I'm hoping Stefan and Kathrine get back together. *Fingers Crossed* And that they find a way to turn her back into a vampire. - By Stefan hand. We were lied to about that cure, so it wouldn't surprise me that once it's ran it's course through her body. She can be turned again. - We'll see though.

Once I've been turned into a vampire, I would've left the stupidity known as Mystic Falls.

Thank-god for a week off.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

I really enjoyed the episode. It reminded me of season 1 and 2 when TVD was at its best.

Love Bonnie's new look It was nice to see Bonnie/Jeremy get their moment.

So glad we're rid of the original dopplegangers. Just give me more Katherine and Stefan scenes. They were great

Caroline was awesome as always.

Poor Jessie. But what do you expect. He was a guest star and they all have an expiry date.

I thought they were dropping the Matt/dagger storyline after Nadia decided to leave last week so I'm glad they wrapped that up.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's the writing but I used to love DE a lot. now not so much. This season has been off.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

This episode was great. The college storyline is turning out to be better than I expected.

I loved both Steferine and Beremy Finally Beremy got a love scene And I can't believe Steferine is interacting again. All my S2 feelings are coming back.

I can't wait to see what happens with Damon. I'm sure we are going to get some pretty good flashbacks.

I didn't like Caroline's attitude at all. Jesse was going to kill Damon and then Elena and then her. Sadly Wes turned him into monster.
Also I don't understand why Caroline keeps judging Elena. I thought their fighting was over after last season.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I didn't like Caroline's attitude at all. Jesse was going to kill Damon and then Elena and then her.
I don't get it either. I mean, I understand that she has feelings for Jesse and they were building something there but if someone Caroline loves was at risk of being murdered, she would do the exact same thing. What Elena did was instinctual - she saw the person she loved dying so quick in front of her and did something about it. I don't think it's really fair of Caroline to say that the Elena "that she used to know" wouldn't have done the same thing. Elena always does whatever it takes to protect her loved ones.

Loved Stefan and Katherine in the episode! I hope they have more scenes together as the season continues.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)

Last edited by naturellebella; 11-22-2013 at 10:59 PM