Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

I like the whole doppleganger storyline this season, but I feel like the writers are making things more confusing. It's got massive potential, but there are still blanks that are left to fill. I got excited when they mentioned Silas and Amara are the original faces, and as a result of them going against nature, dopplegangers evolved. It makes sense as to why there was Tatiana/Katherine/Elena. But then -- the sense kinda ends there, because there's only Silas and then Stefan. Where are Tatiana and Katherine's look-alike Silas/their soulmates/Silas's dopplegangers? And who is Stefan really supposed to be with, Katherine or Elena? They are both Amara's dopplegangers. The writers need to fill these blanks out, because I'm confused!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbabytooth (View Post)
I like the whole doppleganger storyline this season, but I feel like the writers are making things more confusing. It's got massive potential, but there are still blanks that are left to fill. I got excited when they mentioned Silas and Amara are the original faces, and as a result of them going against nature, dopplegangers evolved. It makes sense as to why there was Tatiana/Katherine/Elena. But then -- the sense kinda ends there, because there's only Silas and then Stefan. Where are Tatiana and Katherine's look-alike Silas/their soulmates/Silas's dopplegangers? And who is Stefan really supposed to be with, Katherine or Elena? They are both Amara's dopplegangers. The writers need to fill these blanks out, because I'm confused!
I don't know if Tatia was exactly a doppleganger. I think she looked a lot like Elena but she didn't look exactly like her (kind of like Elena and Katherine in the books). Rebekah said Tatia was lot prettier than Elena.

A lot of things could have happened to the doppleganger that was supposed to be around Katherine's time. Maybe he died before he got to meet her.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Rebekah said Tatia was lot prettier than Elena.
I think Rebekah was just trying to be mean then because Elena was dating Stefan and she wanted to be with Stefan.

I think the writers will try and fill in those spaces too, at least I hope. I would like to believe they realize that there are holes in this SL and maybe they want us to speculate what we're speculating. If in a few episodes they're not addressing those issues, then I'll worry.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
I think Rebekah was just trying to be mean then because Elena was dating Stefan and she wanted to be with Stefan.

I think the writers will try and fill in those spaces too, at least I hope. I would like to believe they realize that there are holes in this SL and maybe they want us to speculate what we're speculating. If in a few episodes they're not addressing those issues, then I'll worry.
Yep I hope so too. The writers definitely need to explain more.

Or maybe, like a previous post said, Silas's dopplegangers could have died before they met Katherine or Tatiana (if she was a doppleganger).
Old 01-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually found this episode a snooze. Its one of my least favorite episodes of the show. I dont like when episodes throw all this information at us through use of flashbacks. It just feels lazy to me. All the stuff witH Qetsyia and Stefan were just boring to me.

Zach did a great job in this episode being posessed!

And Amara was the original of Katherine/Elena, okay, so does that mean that SE were only together because "fate" brought them together then? I am not a fan of that whole history, it cheapens the SE relationship imo and if I were a fan of theirs I'd be so pissed off! I feel like the show is essentially saying that they didn't really love each other, they just thought they did because the universe was forcing them together. lol.

With that said it makes my love for DE grow, the tthey can fight those forces. When Damon said Elena is his life now, that was so cute. I always love the "future" talk between them too.

E/K interaction was awesome! I love them together. I kinda wanted Elena to beat up Katherine a little though. . She's finally more powerful than her!

We also know why Silas wants Katherine so bad, for her blood. He wants the "cure".

And Stefan losing his memory at the end!
Old 07-27-2019, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

its interesting the silas and amara look like SE.