Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

TVD Episode 5x02: True Lies Discussion. Airs October 10th

MISSING PERSONS – Without telling Elena that Stefan is missing, Damon turns to Sheriff Forbes for help finding his brother. Elena and Caroline try to find out who is covering up a campus murder, and a fellow Whitmore student named Jesse (guest star Kendrick Sampson) gives Elena some intriguing information about Professor Wes Maxfield (guest star Rick Cosnett). While Jeremy struggles to return to his old life, he continues to be the only person who can see and talk to Bonnie, but he can’t convince her that it’s time to let the others know that she sacrificed her own life for his. After learning that Silas is searching for Katherine, Damon asks Matt and Jeremy to keep her out of sight, but the situation quickly spirals out of control. Finally, Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda) uses violence to make a point about her own agenda.

Rules
* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.

This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Nelly!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the title.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

You are welcome
Old 10-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

The Ripper is back !!!!
They better not kill off Silas Paul Wesley plays him so brilliantly and the travelers want to put Silas back in the tomb.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

In NY, the Giants game aired instead of TVD so hopefully this download speeds up a bit so I can at least watch the episode tonight.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm loving this season! Such a good episode.

SILAS!Stefan is fun to watch. Pauls doing a great job. And the promo had me SO EXCITED. I'm very happy to see Stefan back, especially ripper stefan! the promo got me so excited!

im still not sure about this bonnie thing, it just feels very pointless. either find a way to bring her back or let her pass on. i loved the scene with matt, but idk, a little weird too. still cant get into the jeremy/bonnie thing.

jeremy/matt/kat were FLAWLESS. I love her interaction with both of them! the scene with jeremy put the blanket around her was so cute. i dont think i ship them, but they do have chemistry. but id like to see a friendship there. matt/kat i could get behind though, she called him pretty eyes again. Also kinda hoping for some kat/stefan scenes in the future! i think human kat is just hilarious and my favorite. nina did so good this episode as her.

DE were flawless as usual. Loved the makeout even if it was a ploy. And i loved the ending scene too of course.

damon/caroline scene was just hilarious, it was my favorite scene of the night! "caroline, no one cares. no."

dont care about T/C at all, and i like carolines friendship with jesse a lot, their scenes were cute.

new teacher, mehhh. i really hope theres no storyline with him and elena. ick.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:18 AM
Elite Fan

Katherine is great as a human. Loved the K/M/J scenes. Hoping she'll find some humanity as a human

The sl with the teacher I'm hoping is interesting, but Elaina just got to school. Guess she can't trust Damon to find Stephan. *sigh* But then, I guess she'll be the one to bring him back from being the Ripper, huh?

So, why does Silus want Kat so bad? Can't figure that one... and bring back Tyler already or let Caroline be free...that is just my opinion.

But loved the episode
Old 10-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Enjoyed this epi. and I agree that Katherine as a human is just fun to watch. Her green stuff, her aches and pains I had a creepy feeling, the way Jeremy is protecting her, could there be a connection with Katherine feeling love for him? Ew, I hope not.

Paul Wesley is doing a wonderful job of acting both characters.
Jeremy was really trying to kick but on Silas, but we all forgot, that he is immortal and even if he was "delayed" with a shooting or maiming, he'd be back.

I wished the show would have explored the travelers or gypsies more instead of offing one immediately. So Nadia has her own agenda and even though she is one of the gypsies, we'lll only learn her agenda. :-(
Old 10-11-2013, 05:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Good episode, i am loving Katherine as always.
I didn't understand how Jeremy couldn't see Matt during the time he was dead
Old 10-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Damon and Elena aren't long for this world...painfully obvious..
can't ship Kat/Jeremy...ever. She looks exactly his sister..
Kat better not go soft on me here.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:40 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Paul Wesley is ruling season 5 so far!
Old 10-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I didn't understand how Jeremy couldn't see Matt during the time he was dead
Maybe because he wasn't thinking about him? Then again, he should have been thinking about him seeing as he was waiting for him to wake up oh maybe he can only see people that are completely dead - that have no body to come back to. He has seen Bonnie, Vicki and Anna who all can't go back to a body so maybe there's certain levels of "deadness" and Matt was just "alive" enough to not be seen by Jeremy. No clue!

Just re-watched - Bonnie said since her dad wasn't supernatural he wasn't on the other side, he was just dead. Matt isn't supernatural so he was just dead. So maybe even though he was kind of visiting the other side, it's still different from how Bonnie is.

I really liked the episode. My favorite scenes were the one w/ Matt and Bonnie when he finds out she's dead, anything w/ Katherine really and the last DE scene. Also, Paul is doing amazing at distinguishing Silas from Stefan and even humanity turned off!Stefan.

"I'm the leverage; I'm that thing that everybody wants. I'm the freaking moonstone!" Best!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)

Last edited by naturellebella; 10-11-2013 at 05:29 PM
Old 10-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by liomi95 (View Post)
They better not kill off Silas Paul Wesley plays him so brilliantly and the travelers want to put Silas back in the tomb.
Unless they are breaking the mold this season I have a feeling Silas is going to be here until the season finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's curls (View Post)
im still not sure about this bonnie thing, it just feels very pointless. either find a way to bring her back or let her pass on.
I agree. I love both Bonnie/Kat so much and imo the show wouldn't be the same without her but I don't see the point of her storyline. My guess is that Bonnie being in the other side is going to help them find out more about Silas but still it isn't good for her character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's curls (View Post)
damon/caroline scene was just hilarious, it was my favorite scene of the night! "caroline, no one cares. no."
I loved that scene Also I'm loving that they are trying to include at least three funny moments in every episode. Last season was too heavy so it's good to get some light moments in every episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
I agree that Katherine as a human is just fun to watch. Her green stuff, her aches and pains
human!Kat is just so funny Also kudos to the writers for making her struggle with being human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
"I'm the leverage; I'm that thing that everybody wants. I'm the freaking moonstone!" Best!
That and the Damon line about Caroline were the best lines of this episode
Old 10-12-2013, 06:05 PM
New Fan

I arrived home too late to see this eppy, but from the posts it sure sounds like a good one. Wish the CW would list this show on the "On Demand" channels. Hoping I can find it in a repeat this week.

I'm not too thrilled with Bonnie being dead. I hope they bring her back to life somehow.
Seems to me her role would be more varied alive than in whatever dimension she's in now.
I'm also hoping Caroline will get more screen time this season. She's really good.

So far Wesley and Nina are amazing in their dual roles. Needless to say, Damon is the glue for everybody.