Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin611 (View Post)
i didn't watch it. Omg poor kat/bonnie its sucks i how they write bonnie on the show when she was some developed and important in the books!
ita!

Ros1
Old 10-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Loyal Fan

I really enjoyed the episode. Brought me back to season 1 or 2. None of my ships are currently together and I still was very interested so that tells me something. I like the college mystery and I hope they all discover Bonnie is dead soon. Shes one of my favorites and I want her to have more of a storyline outside of someone she cares bout dying =/. Kudos to Nina and Paul who play their other characters so well I forget its the same actor. . & lastly, I miss rebekah already.

DVD Commentary
Sophia-Brooke and Peyton are not lovers, thanks, lets just establish that right now.
Hilarie- thats true, atleast not season one.
Sophia-(pause)WoW, not till season 3 Hil come on.

I'm am a 100% Creek Freak and proud of it!...
Old 10-05-2013, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I actually quite enjoyed this episode

Fantastic:

Paul Freaking Wesley for all the freaking awards!! That dude is gold.. the way he interprets 3 characters all so distinguishably different is perfection Silas was creepy and powerful.. loved him trolling on everyone especially Damon

Damon and Elena lying to each other... it's very satisfying.

Okay:

Elena and Caroline at college was fun... but I am still put off that they truly don't suspect something is up with Bonnie

Bad:

Bonnie not wanting Jeremy to tell the other she is dead Jeremy not just saying 'to hell with this' and telling them that Bonnie is dead. Stefan drowning over and over again... NOOOOO.. it hurt. I hate watching my bb suffer.. just stop hurting my Stefan

GOD AWFUL AND I WANTED TO BURN MY EYES OUT:

Damon and Elena sucking face Damon acting all father like over Jeremy
Old 10-05-2013, 03:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
Please don't insult the characters. It's ok to say that you don't like them or their storylines but don't call them names.
Oh, I apologize. I didn't realize I'm hurting these fictional characters' feelings by insulting them!

Last edited by SpencerFan; 10-05-2013 at 03:44 AM
Old 10-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrinaa (View Post)
Overall, I enjoyed the episode.
Elena and Caroline settling in college/roommate situation did not interest me much.

What interests me is Katherine and how she is coping as a human as well as Silas hunting her. Good job on Stefan/silas.
Also, did you guys notice the names on the coffin/tank that Stefan is being kept in?
I think it read: Pierce & Franklin 1894 or something. I wonder if it's of importance.

I had to laugh at the way Damon is taking care of Jeremy and acting all concerned about him.
Especially, when Damon never cared about Jeremy and treated him like crap.
From one extreme to the other.

Also. I dislike Bonnie as a ghost and losing her father.
Hasn't this girl been through enough?

On a lighter note, Jeremy is looking fine in those tight shirts.
Good, Eye I was like whhy does that safe have Katherine & Franklin name on it??? I think it's a clue, only problem is who is Franklin. Could it be Katherine has met Silas and that's why it's no clue that she kind of happen to meet the Salvatores/Stefan???

I hated that Bonnie is a ghost and no one knows but Jeremy?

Enjoyed my Datharine scene and Stelena
S5 TVD Datharine is coming!
Old 10-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

I'm intrigued about the storyline behind Megan...an illegitimate child of Elana's dad??
Also, poor Matt. He's just trying to be normal and it seems to attracted to him *sigh*
I had to laugh when Damon was saving Jeremy...he's so not the paternal type
Old 10-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

i haven't posted on this board since season 4's finale so, it's been a while. now that i've caught up w/the new premiere, i had to return and jump back in.

i figured it would take me a little bit to get back into the show since things would be changing once again for the characters and season 4 was so-so...at least for myself. not having klaus & family on the show did have a feel to season 1, which was a nice return.

seeing elena & damon officially together was different. i guess since i've been so used to their complexed relationship, it took a moment to fully grasp that they were together. damon's my favorite character so, it was nice to see him smile a bit. i browsed through some comments and noticed how irritated people are by elena & damon being together, which is understandable but you knew it was coming. plus, delena fans have been very patient w/stefan & elena since the start & they should be happy to see the pair get their time together as well (no matter how long or short this time may be). i know i will enjoy it to the fullest.

usually when characters head off to college, things change drastically. i have to say that i was okay w/elena & caroline leaving mystic falls. with the connection to elena's dad thrown into the mix and another possible vampire(s) on campus, there'll be enough twist and turns that'll make us feel they never left mystic falls. i didn't care about tyler breaking up w/caroline as i've never been a fan of that relationship from the start. sorry to say, but i knew it wouldn't last.

seeing katherine human made her a bit sympathetic when she asked for damon's help, but it just reminded me the person she is when she left jeremy to die once again. vampire or human, kathrine remains the same. i'm a little tired of katherine, but she does make the show interesting.

i was curious to see jeremy adapt to life again, but i wished he would've told someone about bonnie. i thought he was going to tell damon after sensing that silas returned.

speaking of bonnie, this is the 1 character i feel sorry for and have since the start. i'm not sure how i feel about her popping in & out of scenes as a ghost. it'll take a while to get used to. i don't see bonnie returning back to life since they've played that card w/jeremy. it's sad b/c bonnie can not catch a break, not even in death. having to watch your own father murdered in front of you and you can't do anything about it is awful. i'm just so tired of bonnie suffering and sacrificing everything to aid her friends, especially when they're not understanding what is going on, especially w/her. bonnie always got used to benefit someone else, whether her choosing or not.

i'm glad matt got to spend some time away from mystic falls, but after the attack on him, i'm just hoping that he remains alive by the end of the season. they've been killing off too many humans and matt is technically the only "human teen" left in the group. since this is a supernatural show, i wouldn't be surprised if his days are numbered, but i'm hoping for the best.

finally, the whole stefan/silas ordeal. i was surprised that stefan lasted in that safe all summer and no one bothered to check on him. i could also see how the events in season 4's finale & stefan's interactions w/damon & elena would make it seem like that would be his farewell before leaving town. seeing silas walk around as stefan didn't really play any different than what i remember stefan when he had his humanity turned off other than being just more powerful. with this mind control situation, it definitely makes things more deadly and i'm sure more bodies will drop along the way.

otherwise, it was a good start to the new season. i didn't watch the originals as the episode from last season didn't provide me much interest so, i don't have a problem seeing them away from mystic falls. i'm ready for more twists, turns, bloodshed and crazy coincidences that randomely appear.
--The Dark Knight Rises
(avatar courtesy from messenjahmatt)

Last edited by Sarei; 10-05-2013 at 08:01 PM
Old 10-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarei (View Post)
seeing elena & damon officially together was different. i guess since i've been so used to their complexed relationship, it took a moment to fully grasp that they were together. damon's my favorite character so, it was nice to see him smile a bit. i browsed through some comments and noticed how irritated people are by elena & damon being together, which is understandable but you knew it was coming. plus, delena fans have been very patient w/stefan & elena since the start & they should be happy to see the pair get their time together as well (no matter how long or short this time may be). i know i will enjoy it to the fullest.
People are allowed to feel whatever they want about the DE scenes.. whether they hate them or not.

Also the DE fans were always complaining about the SE scenes in the earlier seasons so let's not make this about SE fans being ungrateful/impatient or whatever the hell else you are trying to presume about that fanbase, especially when the DE fanbase reacted the same way to the SE scenes
Old 10-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseManny (View Post)
People are allowed to feel whatever they want about the DE scenes.. whether they hate them or not.

Also the DE fans were always complaining about the SE scenes in the earlier seasons so let's not make this about SE fans being ungrateful/impatient or whatever the hell else you are trying to presume about that fanbase, especially when the DE fanbase reacted the same way to the SE scenes
you don't have to get an attitude b/c you'll get one back.
--The Dark Knight Rises

Last edited by Sarei; 10-06-2013 at 11:44 AM
Old 10-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerFan (View Post)
Oh, I apologize. I didn't realize I'm hurting these fictional characters' feelings by insulting them!
The rules of this thread are in the first post and they are very clear. We don't allow character bashing.

Quote:
i browsed through some comments and noticed how irritated people are by elena & damon being together, which is understandable but you knew it was coming. plus, delena fans have been very patient w/stefan & elena since the start & they should be happy to see the pair get their time together as well (no matter how long or short this time may be). i know i will enjoy it to the fullest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseManny (View Post)

I think it's better if we leave the shipper fanbases out of the discussion. It always brings trouble.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)

I think it's better if we leave the shipper fanbases out of the discussion. It always brings trouble.
yes, i see why. thanks for the note.
--The Dark Knight Rises

Last edited by Sarei; 10-06-2013 at 11:43 AM
Old 10-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekFreak2525 (View Post)
I really enjoyed the episode. Brought me back to season 1 or 2. None of my ships are currently together and I still was very interested so that tells me something.
I hope this season they focus more on the characters arcs and the friendships than the romance. Of course we are going to get romance (which most of time I love) but it would be nice to get a better balance like the one we had in the first two seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikhands1 (View Post)
I'm intrigued about the storyline behind Megan...an illegitimate child of Elana's dad??
That was my first idea but now she's dead so I doubt it. My theory is that Elena's father founded some kind of hunter's group at the college.

Quote:
i was curious to see jeremy adapt to life again, but i wished he would've told someone about bonnie. i thought he was going to tell damon after sensing that silas returned.
Me too.

Quote:
i'm glad matt got to spend some time away from mystic falls, but after the attack on him, i'm just hoping that he remains alive by the end of the season. they've been killing off too many humans and matt is technically the only "human teen" left in the group. since this is a supernatural show, i wouldn't be surprised if his days are numbered, but i'm hoping for the best.
I doubt Matt is going to die. He is one of Julie Plec's favorites so I'm sure he will remain in the show until the end.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Posters,
The rules of this thread clearly states that there is no character bashing allowed. These are rules that were agreed upon by the moderators of this board and the moderator managers of Fan Forum. When you're posting on this thread, please keep that in mind. Furthermore, in the past we have noticed that talking about fanbases and\or comparing them leads to arguments instead of an actual discussion of the episode so the bashing of fanbases is prohibited on this board It is written in the rules of the board in the board guide in case anyone needs a refresher.

If you see someone on the board bashing a character or fanbase and we haven't seen it yet, please PM us and let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
And I am really curious to know what is up with that picture of Elenas dad and their roommate.
So am I! I like when TVD brings in the mysteries and the gang tried to solve them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBOOM (View Post)
How many times are they going to almost kill or kill Jeremy.
It does seem to be a thing. They do it a lot especially w/ Jeremy and Caroline. I think it ups the stakes a bit but when it's done so often, it becomes repetitive. I prefer when Jeremy and Caroline are handling themselves well.

I like seeing that Katherine still has the ability to handle herself even as a human. She's the ultimate survivor.

After re-watching, I wished there was more JB scenes or more about them instead of other people in their scenes together.

Paul did an amazing job playing Silas. I'm actually interested in the Silas plotline. I do want Stefan out of the safe though - they can both be around at the same time. Then again, that would be a lot for Paul like it was for Nina in S2 when Elena and Katherine were around all the time.

I like the balance Damon had to him in this episode. I hope that he gets more SL this season as opposed to last season.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

I stopped watching the show at the beginning of last season and since coming back for season five the show has a different feel to it or something. The most glaring difference being that Elena is not near as depressing and dull as she has been all the last few seasons. Whatever it is she just feels like a different character.

I really wish they'd just Tyler a decent exit instead of dragging out the mountain storyline and having him leaving lame voicemails for Caroline. Last time I checked he loved her very much and constantly bailing on her doesn't sit right. It would make sense if I thought that the writers were going to factor his mission into the main storyline but they've such little interest in the character that I seriously doubt they'll bother.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
I really wish they'd just Tyler a decent exit instead of dragging out the mountain storyline and having him leaving lame voicemails for Caroline. Last time I checked he loved her very much and constantly bailing on her doesn't sit right. It would make sense if I thought that the writers were going to factor his mission into the main storyline but they've such little interest in the character that I seriously doubt they'll bother.
I think it sucks that we only got a voice mail. After all they went through last season it's a little bit contrived that Tyler still hasn't showed up and only leaves her a voice mail.

Tyler could have easily not graduate last season so it would have been interesting to see him do his senior year again with Jeremy. That would have been a better way to keep TC apart if that's what the writers wanted to do.