Icon
Old 04-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The baby plot is beyond lame.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:20 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)
They couldn't really do it the same way they did with VD, though. We see Caroline and the other characters through Elena's eyes and she knows them already because they are the people she's been with her entire life.It makes sense we can see how these characters are because she knows them.
The TVD-Pilot was really something else. It got me hooked, because of the characters and the great introductions of them.

But as far as I can remember, it was not just seen because of ‘through the eyes of Elena’. I mean, yeah I agree with you in the case of Caroline, Jenna, Bonnie, Jeremy and Matt. (although even Vicky and Tyler, for example, were introduced through Jeremy’s eyes….so a lot of eyes were out there and it worked very well for just one episode.)

But actually it all started with Stefan. If I had just seen the world ‘through Elena’s eyes I wouldn’t have any clue about vampires at all (at least not until 1X06). But I’ve seen them right of the start.

From the first blink to the show I had knowledge of Damon because I saw it through Stefan’s eyes (and Damon’s eyes if counting the ‘killing-the-couple-scene’ in) So there it was. The human characters were there und the vampire characters were there as well, explained with enough sense to continue watching 1x02.

A ‘change-direction’ the TO-Pilot.

In comparison to TVD I saw the entire episode through Klaus’ eyes with one exception right at the beginning with Hayley, Anne-Jane and Sophie. So I got a hint of their interaction and a little bit of character out there. Unfortunately this was the one and only short one.

It would have been nice seeing people like Camille and Marcel at the bar with customers around explaining their ‘relationship’ with a good conversation (if there was one of course). How much did they know each other before she told me she has a black belt in karate? A ‘normal’ interaction without another world, that’s crashing in. This let me see a character and that was the main thing I’ve been missing.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ildikó (View Post)
But as far as I can remember, it was not just seen because of ‘through the eyes of Elena’. I mean, yeah I agree with you in the case of Caroline, Jenna, Bonnie, Jeremy and Matt. (although even Vicky and Tyler, for example, were introduced through Jeremy’s eyes….so a lot of eyes were out there and it worked very well for just one episode.)

But actually it all started with Stefan. If I had just seen the world ‘through Elena’s eyes I wouldn’t have any clue about vampires at all (at least not until 1X06). But I’ve seen them right of the start.

From the first blink to the show I had knowledge of Damon because I saw it through Stefan’s eyes (and Damon’s eyes if counting the ‘killing-the-couple-scene’ in) So there it was. The human characters were there und the vampire characters were there as well, explained with enough sense to continue watching 1x02.

A ‘change-direction’ the TO-Pilot.

In comparison to TVD I saw the entire episode through Klaus’ eyes with one exception right at the beginning with Hayley, Anne-Jane and Sophie. So I got a hint of their interaction and a little bit of character out there. Unfortunately this was the one and only short one.
I actually agree with you.The writers didn't nail the characters as good as they could,as we have already seen them doing.
In the TVD,it was always because a character knew some other character that we got to see them.I was talking about Elena mostly because in the other posts we were discussing about Camille/Caroline.

I feel like the writers were hesitant themselves about the characters of the episode.It lacked a good script,because although I can see why certain characters were not written better,it doesn't mean I appreciate the job. It was a kind of a lazy episode with a low profile to be a pilot. I'm not even sure why they would write it, if the impression is they were mostly afraid to introduce characters and situations.

Will they do this spin off for real or not?

Icon
Old 04-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, it has been picked up by The CW

For me the first episodes of TVD were the weakest so I think the spin off needs some episodes for the story to take off.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^I agree. It needs to go off with a bang.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now that the Originals spin-off is green lighted is there a thread for it?

The cast is perfect, the "launch" episode was interesting. I think I will love it!
ღღღ
Old 05-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

You can talk about the spin off here: http://www.fanforum.com/f328/always-...3/index12.html
Old 01-06-2017, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not much to say about this one considering it was a spin off. I kinda skimmed it because I didn't really feel like watching it again. I may try to watch the Originals once I finish TVD, but well see...

The Klaus/Camille, Elijah/Klaus and Elijah/Hayley would be the only reasons I would!
Old 01-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

The Originals is a good show, I think you'll like it!
Old 01-07-2017, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

i tried to before and couldnt get into but but after i finish tv im gonna need a vpd sort of fix so it'll do the trick hopefully. lol.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

this episode was good with the klayley and the klaus and marcel.