Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked this episode and I think the spin off could work as long as they keep the family dynamics as the most important storyline. Also the show felts more adult than the vampire diaries and I hope it stays that way.

I'm not a big fan of the pregnancy storyline but maybe this is just what Klaus need to find redemption.

I loved Marcel. Great character and great actor. I hope nothing happens to him and Klaus & Marcel find a way to be friends again.

I thought Cami was going to be an awful character but I was surprised than she wasn't that bad. It's good that she isn't a teenager and seems to be smart.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nice to see an episode where I don't have to watch Elena.
I can't take any more scenes where Stefan and Damon are sitting around the boarding house hatching plans on the best way to save Elena. lol

So I enjoyed the pilot.
Elijah was a pleasure to watch as always. Loved his entry, I love him and his suits. That classy way he delivers his lines.

Marcel is hot. Oh man, I like this character a lot. Nice dynamic with Klaus. Good scenes.

Sophie did not make an impression on me. I was more curious about Jane Anne, a shame they killed her off so quickly.

The baby thing was a shocker. Especially with Hayley but what can we do? Let's see where this goes.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

I don't get why the witches didn't want Klaus and Elijah to simply kill Marcel and act according to a plan.
Not that I don't mind Marcel as a character because he actually is a great character already,just in terms of plot writing I didn't get why they would not want this.
Quote:
I was more curious about Jane Anne, a shame they killed her off so quickly.
Me too. I thought the same!
Quote:
I thought Cami was going to be an awful character but I was surprised than she wasn't that bad. It's good that she isn't a teenager and seems to be smart.
And this was so different from the average random girl cameo on VD. It was a really nice change.

What can I say? I'm not sure if I like this pregnancy thing but Marcel had me hooked. As well as Klaus maybe finally growing up and Elijah's screen time.

I just think that since we're in the middle of a conflict we should have seen at least a witch who stood out a lot like Marcel did with the vampires.Jane-Anne was probably this character but she was killed on her second scene. I'm disappointed in this.

Icon
Old 04-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I must be the only one who thinks this baby thing could be good for them both
Old 04-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
I can agree that it would be good for Klaus...but it would have been a lot more interesting if it would have been with someone who he actually seemed to give a damn about.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

I think it's more interesting that he is having a baby with someone who was just an one night stand. If it was with someone he was in love with it would have been too much like Twilight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
I think it could be interesting if it's done right. But I hope the storyline has a real purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)
I don't get why the witches didn't want Klaus and Elijah to simply kill Marcel and act according to a plan.
Marcel seems to have something that tells him when they are using magic and I think the witches want to know what it is before they kill him.
That's why they want Klaus to infiltrate Marcel's group.

Quote:
Me too. I thought the same!
And this was so different from the average random girl cameo on VD. It was a really nice change.
I agree. I really thought she was going to be another April.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Passionate Fan

You are right, Cami, Camille is an old lady name, omg she had me right away liking her. It will be interesting to see how she developes.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Marcel seems to have something that tells him when they are using magic and I think the witches want to know what it is before they kill him.
That's why they want Klaus to infiltrate Marcel's group.
Aw,thank you.This actually make sense Know thy enemy.
Quote:
I think it's more interesting that he is having a baby with someone who was just an one night stand. If it was with someone he was in love with it would have been too much like Twilight.
Yes please. Enough with the romantic vampires tropes.
Quote:
You are right, Cami, Camille is an old lady name, omg she had me right away liking her. It will be interesting to see how she developes.
If she'll stay,and I wouldn't mind it.

Icon
Old 04-28-2013, 06:37 AM
Addicted Fan

I just don't think a baby belongs to a vampire show, let alone one about the Originals and power struggles. I feel like the baby is a plot device for Klaus to uproot, but it won't be carried to term. In regards to redemption, I don't see a baby or a love interest as good plot devices for a redemption arc. Klaus has to want to redeem himself, and he doesn't. So instead of it being about redemption, it should just be about vampires, witches and werewolves at war with each other.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advo (View Post)
I just don't think a baby belongs to a vampire show, let alone one about the Originals and power struggles. I feel like the baby is a plot device for Klaus to uproot, but it won't be carried to term. In regards to redemption, I don't see a baby or a love interest as good plot devices for a redemption arc. Klaus has to want to redeem himself, and he doesn't. So instead of it being about redemption, it should just be about vampires, witches and werewolves at war with each other.
I agree with you. This new show needs to focus on the supernatural. Not on who will hook up with who. TVD as become all about shipping and they have screwed up the supernatural storylines.

I don't see how a baby will fit in here. What will Klaus do? Kill witches and vampires in one scene and burp his baby in the next?
Old 04-28-2013, 07:37 AM
New Fan

So, first of all, the aftermath of shock regarding the last episode 4x20 or TO 1x01 is still wearing off.

My emotions went from high to low and the other way around just like a roller coaster.

There is Klaus. Well stupid statement. Who else would be there? I just have trouble to describe my feelings about him and around him in the Big Easy.

When I first saw him at the end of the second season he was just scary but he was fun to watch. In my opinion he was the perfect villain who smiles in your face in rips your head off, makes jokes with al lot of black humor but stays calm in a very creepy style all the way within at the same time.

Certainly he went through a bit of development over the last two seasons and made him the guy I saw in the last episode. He met an old friend, who wasn’t introduced the way I was hoping for. And what happened? Klaus was screaming, he was whiney, he was not in control. Is that his new strategy? Is this the way for his redemption?

Fact is…I disliked this reaction, when he was searching for Marcel 'Where is Marcel?'.(cover my ears) My desperate request to the writers. In situations like this bring back some Klaus-the-villain please. At least a little bit. All this screaming is making me deaf.

I change direction to the she-wolf Hayley.
Uff…I don’t know how to start. Start from the beginning? Okay I’ll give it a try.
I watched ‘bring it on’ and saw Klaus saving Hayley. They were drinking and eating ( I guess that was just her) staring at pictures (déjà-vu) and talking.

Suddenly they ripped each other clothes off. Wow…and the song ‘control’ from Garbage was playing, wow. Wow? Seriously? Where was this coming from?

I have to admit I was a little confused to decide if there was hotness or nothingness. After I watched this scene on mute there was not sooo much of hotness left for me.

I mean yeah…Joseph has some good build pecs but everything else was disturbing. Congratulations to this person who singled out this powerful great song and put it in the right place though. It manipulated me very much.

Well there are always little consequences everywhere and obviously the writers making no exception for Klaus. I don’t like the pregnancy story at all. In fact I despise it very much. All I can think about is Tyler at the moment - I know he has nothing to do with the spin-off- but he had to run away because Klaus let him believe for being chased to the end of the world.

And a girl, I might add, who put this poor guy in this position is having a baby with Klaus?

Yeah I hear somehow this words ringing in my ear. ‘I don’t do teenage drama’.

No no no no no do you hear me no….. No drama at all. I mean- again- seriously?

I’ve already read a similiar story a few years ago in a novel named ‘breaking dawn’, and I hated this story to no end at this point as well. I had big trouble even finish reading this book.

Furthermore I don’t like the fact of Klaus’ capability in the procreation-sector at all. It doesn’t matter he is half werewolf.

He died…he is dead, so should his sperms be as well. And again…no no no no no no no….did you hear me yet…no.

My ramblings for the new girl Camille are on now.
Do I hate her? No I don’t. But here it goes

What do I know about her at the moment?
She has a black belt in Karate? Okay nice. I just hope Alaric Saltzman left his fingers out of this training.

She is a bar-tender? That means free liquor for anyone? Or is she just the new Matt? Wouldn’t be so bad. He is a very good listener.

She has a major in psychology? So Klaus has a shrink now? Might be helpful with all the preparations being a daddy…

Yeah, she sounds perfect. To perfect for my taste. But who is she? What makes her tremble, what are her fears, what are her ambitions?

She can read pictures and therefore Klaus’ mind? Well yeah. Why is the scenery Klaus with girls in front of painting the new ‘theme’ for the writers? What went wrong there?

I loved it the first time in 3x14 with Caroline and Klaus. It was awesome, beautiful and romantic because of the incredible chemistry between Candice and Joseph. But please why repeating this again ( with Hayley) an now with Camille? I mean seriously (again…sorry…) ?

Back to -topic ‘Camille’-though. The fact that I just know what she can do, but not seeing anything that makes her ‘her’ was a bit of disappointment. Yeah sure, it’s just the first piece in this new show, but I want to see characters and not just skills.

That is the differences from the Episode Originals and TVD-pilot. Most of the characters were introduced properly. I knew from the start who Caroline was. ( just as a comparison of two supporting characters whose names starting with a ‘C’)

She was/is the insecure, tactless, compatible, judgmental ( she still has a lot of work to do in this department ) a little bit selfish control-freak Cheerleader girl who’s never seem able to keep a secret in her live.

But of all that flaws…I’ve really loved her from the start. And I could see it, because the writers wanted me to see and to know. And that’s what builds up a character. Because of the development that was there for no open end right from the start.

What a bummer the writers didn’t let me know anything important of this new blond girl who has so much resemblance to another blond, at least on the outside..

And there is something else. As far as I know is that she and Klaus could be a love interest for each other. My problem with the two is not me saying I like Klaroline- no….it’s just me saying, where is the chemistry between the actors?

I haven’t seen it - sorry. (Look at Klaus und Caroline first real conversation in 3x11. I saw this chemistry like fireworks immediately, although everything in my mind screamed ‘no that’s just wrong` although it was almost palpable.)
Marcel is a okay counterpart for Klaus I guess. I loved his karaoke-show…he and Caroline should make a duet, when she is visiting New Orleans one day. That might be fun…. Just kidding…

Unfortunately I can’t even put my finger on it, the same as with Camille. I don’t know enough of him to decide if I like him or not. I would have been great he had a scene alone with any of the newbies in ‘his’ town not just with Klaus around.

I’m sure there are billions of possibilities for him though in future episodes.

What happened with Elijah?
He has been one of my favorite characters since season 2 ‘Rose’. He defiantly has his thing with hearts. Ripping them out of people, who has lack the ability of respect.

But this fascination with Haley and the Baby is getting on my nerves. I mean yeah. I get it. You all want a family. Because it is love, loyalty and power. Maybe he is just doing this for his sister, who is not capable of being a human and being able of starting her own family.

I don’t know. I guess I have to watch the storyline to understand his motives (but I have my doubts about continue watching the original-family going down). At this moment it feels very odd.

The last but not least thought belongs to Witch-Sophie.
I loved her. I don’t know why. But I see a big potential in her as a witch, as a person and as a character with hidden power. I would like see more of the interaction with her sister Jane-Anne….. Certainly she is dead for now. But maybe Silas can bring her back…

Just my thoughts about Klaus’ phone call to Caroline. Well, first I liked it somehow. It was cute and it was nice to see him smile after all this ‘yeah not teenage-drama in this so much darker show’. But after a goodnight sleep I changed my mind.

I can’t get rid of the feeling that was just a cheap distraction from all the pregnancy-and-blond-shrink-storyline for all the ‘Klaroline-Fans’ .

My personal result is without the pregnancy-drama and with a little bit more Klaus-the-villain-from season2 in it would have been an amazing episode with a lot potential for the future. But what I saw was just mediocre.

EDIT: sorry, a little correction was in order. I confused a scene with another

Last edited by Ildikó; 04-29-2013 at 12:29 PM
Old 04-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Elite Fan

I think we don't know that much about Camille so I can't make up my mind about the character yet. I think she turned out to be a lot better than I expected.

Also I think we don't know that much about her because they couldn't fit her in the main storyline but they had to find a way to introduce all the new characters in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advo (View Post)
I agree. I think using a love interest to redeem Klaus is also a horrible idea. I thought The Originals would be about Klaus redemption but I thought his redemption would last the whole show and he wouldn't become "good" until the very end.

That's why I hope the baby has a real purpose and it isn't just a plot device. I have some theories but I think maybe they are too dark for a CW show.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:45 AM
New Fan

I thought the main theme of this show was KILLING characters, well besides the fact that everyone slept with everyone .... but now there's a baby on the way! I'm not a big fan of miracle pregnancy plots.. not on Angel, not on twilight and definitely not on The Vampire diaries... I should probably start expecting one on True Blood..lol
Old 04-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That is the differences from the Episode Originals and TVD-pilot. Most of the characters were introduced properly. I knew from the start who Caroline was. ( just as a comparison of two supporting characters whose names starting with a ‘C’)

She was/is the insecure, tactless, compatible, judgmental ( she still has a lot of work to do in this department ) a little bit selfish control-freak Cheerleader girl who’s never seem able to keep a secret in her live.
They couldn't really do it the same way they did with VD,though. We see Caroline and the other characters through Elena's eyes and she knows them already because they are the people she's been with her entire life.It makes sense we can see how these characters are because she knows them.
About Camille,tbh, I don't even think she's going to stay around to be that important but it makes sense we don't know much about her because we're meeting her through Klaus eyes and he doesn't know her either.
I agree that some more characterization would have been nice,but I feel like this pilot had to deal too much with VD's heritage. I was not expecting anything exceptional for this reason.
Quote:
That's why I hope the baby has a real purpose and it isn't just a plot device. I have some theories but I think maybe they are too dark for a CW show.
A demon baby, like King Jeoffrey on Game of Thrones

Icon
Old 04-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
About Camille,tbh, I don't even think she's going to stay around to be that important but it makes sense we don't know much about her because we're meeting her through Klaus eyes and he doesn't know her either.
I agree that some more characterization would have been nice,but I feel like this pilot had to deal too much with VD's heritage. I was not expecting anything exceptional for this reason.
Exactly. I think her character was just introduced because she's going to be a regular in the spin off but they didn't have enough time to develop her or at least show the audience a little bit more about who she is. Marcel and the witches were involved in the episode plot but she wasn't.

I'm sure we will get to know more about Camille, Sophie and Marcel in the spin off.

Quote:
A demon baby, like King Jeoffrey on Game of Thrones
I could Klaus kid ended up being like Joffrey Well maybe not THAT bad

My theories are:
a) the pregnancy is unstable (like Klaus first hybrids) and Hayley loses the baby
b) whoever ends up being the villain/antagonist in The Originals kills the baby
c) the baby is born but grows up really fast and only gets to live for three days. This could be really tragic and good for Klaus as character if it's done right.
d) the baby ends up being a demon and Klaus has to kill him or her.