Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
Taking down Kol was by no means an easy battle, Elena was staked in the leg, staked to a wall and stuck for awhile. Jeremy was punched in the face, thrown down the stairs, tied up and almost lost his arms - it was a battle and right timing and quick thinking allowed them to get Kol down long enough to take them out. They didn't make it easy but it's not like Originals are completely incapable of being killed.

Besides, the show has had Caroline beating up Damon and besting him because she's "angrier" and holding her own against vampires from the tomb like Franklin - sometimes the underdogs have their moments.
And this shows the simple inconsistencies in this show that will twist the situation so that main characters can stay alive, even if the circumstances are unrealistic. Elena was able keep the door closed while an Original had to try to kick it down? And why wasn't Elena staked in the heart, why would Kol miss so conveniently that allows Elena to be alive? And why is Kol being held down by Elena? Why was a metal cleaver able to cause him pain that much when it wasn't even wooden? It was just convenient timing made purposely to allow main characters to win, that's really just it and for the sake of dramatics. I simply don't believe it takes that much of a difficulty to stop a noob hunter and noob vampire - especially when said vampire is more angry, powerful, and killing with intent and not just standing around.

Quote:
Personally, I'm not surprised by Elena willing to kill a bloodline. Lots of the characters are willing to kill a whole bloodline - Bonnie, Stefan, Damon, Jeremy, Matt - why is Elena being the only one singled out? Because some people are getting the cure for her? She's already said a million times that if the cure requires Jeremy to be messed up then she doesn't want the cure. In regards to killing Kol, he also went after Jeremy - not just this season but last season too - he was like a hired assassin ready to kill Jeremy if Klaus called him to do so. Kol tried to kill Bonnie in this episode, he crushed Matt's hand and wanted to kill him in season 3 - why are they suppose to want him alive? The gang was ready to kill Klaus last season until he said he was the one that made their bloodline so it's not like they weren't ready to kill off a whole bloodline last season too. They protect themselves, they look out for themselves just like the Originals look out for themselves. They're not perfect people but I don't feel like they claim to be.
But they do claim to be, they make excuses and claim to be of a more noble cause yet it is simply just selfishness that makes them no better than villains - why is Elena being singled out? Because this was her plan, she made the plan and she made the choices - this wasn't someone else fighting for her, this was herself making the decisions - and if she didn't want the cure then she could just simply listen to Kol and say the search is off or tell Jeremy to not grow his mark anymore - Kol was ready to make compromises, he wasn't running around chasing after Jeremy for fun, his only reason was to stop the search that will raise Silas - and why would they want him alive, how about because he is the only person who seems to be thinking with an intelligent brain and knows the kind of threat Silas may possess? All Elena had to do was back off for a search that she claims not to want and listen to Kol and this situation would be avoided - or simply, don't invite Kol into the house then. But she chose to make her and Jeremy into mass murderers, at least don't apologize or make excuses for that and still trying to keep the sainted hero halo.

Frankly all I've seen this season is the show giving me protagonists that I can't even root for because they are so enamored with themselves and this cure that they've lost all logical reasoning abilities and intelligence.

And is the show ever going to touch on a real world consequence of killing an Original or is the rest of the world just blind while random people all die the same way without anyone even bothering to notice or look into it?

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT

Last edited by BryceLarkinFanForever; 02-01-2013 at 06:01 PM
Old 02-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just watched the episode....it was great!

Killing off Kol....damn! Dumb move. The originals are being slowly killed off. wtf.

Klaus in his last scene was amazing....amazing acting by Joseph Morgan. I could see the pain in his eyes and he was trully frightening slamming his fist into that invisible wall.

Stefan....loved his scenes too. Is it just me or has he gotten sexier now that he is single.

Rebecca...I can't help but feel bad for this girl. She is so vulnerable.

And just to add that I also laughed when Jeremy ripped his shirt apart.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Stefan is awesome. My favourite for sure.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Kol was ready to make compromises
I honestly don't believe that. I think he was going to kill Jeremy even if Elena said they'd no longer go after the cure and actually meant it. He has no reason to trust her just like Elena has no reason to trust him about unleashing Silas being a bad thing. Maybe if the message came from someone Elena trusted, she would have believed it but Kol has been nothing but cruel to her family and friends. He tried to have Jeremy killed. For Elena, that's the last straw. It's been shown time and time again that she'd do anything to protect Jeremy.

And with Kol, I don't think they indicated whether he heard Jeremy and Elena talking about him or just went back to betray him on his own accord but he has no reason to trust Elena either. Elena gave her blood to his mom so all the Originals could be linked and die. He knows how much Elena supposedly wants this cure so why would she change her mind? There's no reason for either of them to trust one another so it's no surprise that one of them ended up dead.

Quote:
Why was a metal cleaver able to cause him pain that much when it wasn't even wooden?
Other things have caused vampires pain in the past aside from wood. I think the better question is why did Kol keep a stake that could kill him right in his shirt pocket? Now that part made it a little easy!

Quote:
And is the show ever going to touch on a real world consequence of killing an Original or is the rest of the world just blind while random people all die the same way without anyone even bothering to notice or look into it?
Only if they wanted to kill off a random guest star.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 02-02-2013, 03:09 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I honestly don't believe that. I think he was going to kill Jeremy even if Elena said they'd no longer go after the cure and actually meant it. He has no reason to trust her just like Elena has no reason to trust him about unleashing Silas being a bad thing. Maybe if the message came from someone Elena trusted, she would have believed it but Kol has been nothing but cruel to her family and friends. He tried to have Jeremy killed. For Elena, that's the last straw. It's been shown time and time again that she'd do anything to protect Jeremy.
Well, he offered Jeremy the chance to back off, just as he offered the same to Elena, and yes he had no reason to trust any of them considering the number of backstabs everyone seems to run through these days but Elena could still have easily just not invited Kol in and put herself and Jeremy in the situation to be mass murderers - she says she didn't want her brother to have all that guilt, well I suppose suddenly then that didn't matter - if Jeremy stayed in the house, he would have been safe while Klaus and others would have daggered Kol - she was the one who wanted to take this chance to get the cure and get rid of Originals even if it means being a murderer. And technically, Jeremy wouldn't have died as Kol didn't want the hunter's curse...

Quote:
And with Kol, I don't think they indicated whether he heard Jeremy and Elena talking about him or just went back to betray him on his own accord but he has no reason to trust Elena either. Elena gave her blood to his mom so all the Originals could be linked and die. He knows how much Elena supposedly wants this cure so why would she change her mind? There's no reason for either of them to trust one another so it's no surprise that one of them ended up dead.
Of course no surprise that someone ended up dead - but at least Elena could have the guts to stand by her actions and say "yeah I wanted him dead" and not be like "oh it was just to protect Jeremy" - this wasn't about protecting Jeremy, this was about the cure - Kol wouldn't have gotten close to hurting Jeremy if he hadn't been invited in - she created the situation and you know what, fair enough if she wanted Kol dead, I can respect that - but don't run away from those actions and act like she had no choice - she did have a choice, she could have looked for another way but she decided to kill an entire line of vampires to get a cure that she claims not to care about. They could have gone to find daggers - they could have waited - they could have even had Bonnie do that magic imprisonment thing that she did to Klaus - but this was about killing that line of vampires deliberately to grow the mark and no other excuses should be made.

Quote:
Other things have caused vampires pain in the past aside from wood. I think the better question is why did Kol keep a stake that could kill him right in his shirt pocket? Now that part made it a little easy!
I think the question why everything was made so convenient...hence why I did not find his death or fight very realistic or worthy of an exit for an Original vampire...it became downright silly to me when I saw it...and yes, that white oak stake in the jacket thing...really...just no....

Quote:
Only if they wanted to kill off a random guest star.
a does of reality for the teens would be nice...

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 02-02-2013, 03:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
They protect themselves, they look out for themselves just like the Originals look out for themselves. They're not perfect people but I don't feel like they claim to be.
I feel the contrary too.For some reason they're always seeming like they think they're good and because of this reason all their opponents are bad.
At least the Originals know exactly how much of crazy murders bitches they are.
It sucks I feel this way about Elena because she's the protagonist,the character most of the audience should look at,but I can't help it. It's not like I hate her,it's just her writing this season has been a huge mess to my eyes, I keep ignoring it for the moment in the hope we will see that maybe there is a reason for this writing.
I just feel off about her
Quote:
Jeremy....why exactly did you rip your shirt off instead of pulling it off? God knows your not paying for your clothing.

I am really curious to see what Rebekah will do now. I think she trusts Stefan completely. I am very happy she has people that actually care about her this season. At first April and now Stefan too. It is refreshing,I was already picturing her to be daggared again

Icon
Old 02-02-2013, 03:31 AM
Total Fan

Most ridiculous, most hypocritical, most LOL-worthy scene and moment in this episode goes to Damon:
Quote:
“Debatable. I don’t mind being the bad guy. Because somebody needs to fill that role and get things done. You do bad things for no reason. You do them to be a dick. If you’re gonna be bad, be bad with purpose. Otherwise you’re just not worth forgiving.”
Oh god, did the drivel really just pour out of his mouth. I was just hoping for Klaus to punch him in the face. These writers are absurd. I wish they would go back and watch all the awful and no purpose-y bullsht things Damon has done My friends and I were lol-ing so hard at that scene.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

I loved the episode. I am glad Kol is dead and I loved the dynamic between Jeremy and Elena. Elena was a true heroine! Smart and string and fearless! Awesome
I absolutely loved Bonnie and all her scenes I was Very happy that her parents Showed the obvious. That she is their 1st priority and main concern! what she did with Kol and Klaus... badass
Loved Damon's scenes as always and I found Stefan becoming more and more obnoxious.
He is so full of lies and manipulations that it's so hard for me to understand when he is actually saying the truth. Did he really care about Rebekah?? Idk. Who knows? Who can figure out when Stefan is not lying
And I understand how he is hurt that Elena moved on, but his attitude is not making me sympatize with him, but cheering when he gets a punch on the face

Old 02-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by niadk (View Post)
I loved the episode. I am glad Kol is dead and I loved the dynamic between Jeremy and Elena. Elena was a true heroine! Smart and string and fearless! Awesome
I absolutely loved Bonnie and all her scenes I was Very happy that her parents Showed the obvious. That she is their 1st priority and main concern! what she did with Kol and Klaus... badass
Loved Damon's scenes as always and I found Stefan becoming more and more obnoxious.
He is so full of lies and manipulations that it's so hard for me to understand when he is actually saying the truth. Did he really care about Rebekah?? Idk. Who knows? Who can figure out when Stefan is not lying
And I understand how he is hurt that Elena moved on, but his attitude is not making me sympatize with him, but cheering when he gets a punch on the face
Couldn't agree with you more.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Absolute Fan

I hope this cure doesn't turn them human but will cure them of their stupidity - that would be very nice...

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 02-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Brittany45, I agree with you somewhat in that not everything Damon does is with a purpose. I'd say a little more than half the time he's doing it for a purpose like thinking this guest star or that Original or this plan is not in their favor and acts upon it and sometimes he's right and sometimes he's wrong. Then there's also the other times which links with what he said earlier that he has a problem with impulse control and does do things about of pure reaction without thinking of the consequences and those things tend to be hurtful.

Quote:
Jeremy....why exactly did you rip your shirt off instead of pulling it off? God knows your not paying for your clothing.

The Hulk can't control himself

Quote:
it became downright silly to me when I saw it...and yes, that white oak stake in the jacket thing...really...just no....
That part was pretty convenient when I went back and watched. I was like hmmm...not even the back pocket?

Quote:
And technically, Jeremy wouldn't have died as Kol didn't want the hunter's curse...
But no one wants an armless Jeremy! But I did find it funny Kol was like I'll just chop your arms off and I'll feed you some blood so you won't die. That's Kol logic! Armless but alive.

Quote:
Well, he offered Jeremy the chance to back off, just as he offered the same to Elena,
The thing is I don't believe him I think that's where we differ. I've never trusted Kol so when he says he wants to make a truce, I think he's lying. You think he's being sincere. Who knows

Quote:
They could have gone to find daggers - they could have waited - they could have even had Bonnie do that magic imprisonment thing that she did to Klaus - but this was about killing that line of vampires deliberately to grow the mark and no other excuses should be made.
Hmm, this is true. I think it also comes down to Jeremy saying in the previous episode "if Kol doesn't kill me first, then Klaus is just gonna force me to kill more innocent people. How many is it gonna take, 10, 100?" I think Elena wanted to spare Jeremy from having more humans killed by Klaus and turned into vampires. Then again, instead they killed a whole bunch of vampires...which she's friends w/ some vampires and dated some vampires so it's not like she doesn't see vampires as worth protecting so yea, I think some of it is personal gain while some of it is helping Jeremy and just trying to end this situation. Was it the most moral move? Probably not but I don't feel like the main people on the show are always the most moral. Sometimes they make mistakes and if Kol is right about Silas, I'm sure they'll pay for it soon enough.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 02-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Personaly, I'm guessing Rebekah will be cured then killed off as a human.

They'll force the cure down Klus's throat and turn all his vamps human, or Damon will take it and not Elena.

If I'm wrong you can all call me on it, but I don't think I'm gonna be. This is all being so predictable now.

Damon a dick with a perpose? Well, now yeah. First season he was just an ass. But now he does things with a goal in mind other then his own.

Stefen...god, can you die already? Honestly, when you stop having insane split personality moments where you wrip people to bits and play with the parts...then you can call someone else out of their villiany.

Klus had a simi heart to heart on how to make Caroline love him? Well...for one she has a boyfriend you enslaved and whos mother you brutally killed. So she'd be a huge hypocrit if she got with you. Ten bucks says she does.

Elena....I'm also hopeing you die for real. I just don't like you.

Still liking Bonnie, hope she kicks her parents somemore.

Silas....you better be as bad as people say, if you lame I might stop watching this show all together.

): )
Old 02-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany45 (View Post)
Most ridiculous, most hypocritical, most LOL-worthy scene and moment in this episode goes to Damon:

Quote:
“Debatable. I don’t mind being the bad guy. Because somebody needs to fill that role and get things done. You do bad things for no reason. You do them to be a dick. If you’re gonna be bad, be bad with purpose. Otherwise you’re just not worth forgiving.”
Oh god, did the drivel really just pour out of his mouth. I was just hoping for Klaus to punch him in the face. These writers are absurd. I wish they would go back and watch all the awful and no purpose-y bullsht things Damon has done My friends and I were lol-ing so hard at that scene.

So, so agree... but then again.. whenever Damon is on my screen my eyes are automatically set to roll at the inane crap/rubbish that comes out of his mouth
Old 02-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
That part was pretty convenient when I went back and watched. I was like hmmm...not even the back pocket?
Yeah, I'm just like - would Kol really just bring a white oak stake with him to the Gilbert house and not leave it some place safe? The guy is psycho and all but he's not completely stupid --- it just felt like they were making things convenient so Elena and Jeremy would win which I was like "not cool!" :no no:

Quote:
But no one wants an armless Jeremy! But I did find it funny Kol was like I'll just chop your arms off and I'll feed you some blood so you won't die. That's Kol logic! Armless but alive.
LOL well you can't fault that logic, at least it's logical, he'd still be alive Jeremy could always get robotic arms - that'd be an interesting storyline...

Quote:
The thing is I don't believe him I think that's where we differ. I've never trusted Kol so when he says he wants to make a truce, I think he's lying. You think he's being sincere. Who knows
It's not about sincerity in any ways, I'm just seeing it as logical - Kol could really care less about Elena or Jeremy, this is the vampire who spent most of his time out of town and away from Mystic Falls people because he rather be off having fun - he's only gotten involved if his siblings asked him for help - and this time he only started getting in everyone's way because of the threat of Silas - Kol for all his supposed psychotic-ness is also pretty logical - he really doesn't care about whatever stuff Elena or Jeremy or their friends are up to as long as they stop looking for the cure. So it's not that I trust Kol or anything, I just don't think he gives a damn about the drama of Mystic Falls.

Quote:
Sometimes they make mistakes and if Kol is right about Silas, I'm sure they'll pay for it soon enough.
I do recognize that no one is perfect, even the main ones, that is true, but I think what bugs me is that because they see themselves as the "good guys" - when they do something that is morally just as bad as what villains do, they make excuses and deny - I would just rather they straight out admit it - I mean, if Elena really just wants Kol dead, I rather she just say it like it is and not try to make excuses to Klaus of all people.

And as for Silas, Kol is most definitely right about it, or else this whole time of the Silas stuff would just be a waste of plotlines - but it will be fun for me to see everyone run around like chickens when Silas does cause trouble - then Kol can say "I told you so"

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 02-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
No what made me laugh is how shock she was that Stefan slept with rebekah... all I wanted to go "yeah not your concern so move on.
She already did.