Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

TVD Episode 4x08: We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street Discussion. Airs December 6th

A FLASHBACK TO NEW ORLEANS IN 1942 — When Stefan ({Paul Wesley) confronts Damon (Ian Somerhalder) with a suspicion about Elena (Nina Dobrev), Damon has no choice but to help Stefan investigate. Searching for answers, Damon and Stefan visit modern day New Orleans to see if they can find anyone who remembers the events of their last visit in 1942, including one of Damon’s former flames, Charlotte (guest star Madeline Zima). Elena, Caroline (Candice Accola) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) share a girls’ night while the Salvatore brothers are out of town, and emotions run high when Elena delivers some shocking news. At Hayley’s (guest star Phoebe Tonkin) urging, Tyler (Michael Trevino) confronts one of Klaus’ hybrids, Kimberly (guest star Alyssa Diaz), and the situation quickly escalates into violence. Finally, Damon is faced with a heartbreaking decision.

Rules
* Be respectful.
Not everybody is going to agree with you, please accept that.
Discussion is fine, but don't attack each other for e.g. supporting or not supporting a character.
* No character bashing.
Things like "I'm really not interested in xxx's storyline" or "what xxx did made no sense to me" are fine.
Things like "xxx needs to die in a fire" or "I can't believe xxx actually has fans" are NOT.
* Have fun.

This thread is sharing your thoughts about the episode and discussing them.
Don't let it get out of hand because you disagree with someone's thought process.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Was this episode actually filmed in Louisiana?
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 12-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

I cant wait until tonight!

I cant believe elena and damon...poor stefan

Icon
Old 12-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Tfnt
Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Caroline is dropping some truth bombs in this episode! Lovess it. And Elena is getting on my nerves. She really doesn't acknowledge why her best friends kind of hate her new boyfriend?

And why didn't Bonnie go with Elena/Tyler to get Caroline? *sighs* this show....

Where are Klaus and Jeremy? And now Caroline forgives Elena......of course. Expression! Shane wants Bonnie to do black magic which the other witch said is bad. And now, Shane, somebody else is gonna use Bonnie. SSDD. I thought Julie said Shane wouldn't use Bonnie.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy

Last edited by london grammar; 12-06-2012 at 06:59 PM
Old 12-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
Caroline is dropping some truth bombs in this episode! Lovess it. And Elena is getting on my nerves. She really doesn't acknowledge why her best friends kind of hate her new boyfriend?

And why didn't Bonnie go with Elena/Tyler to get Caroline? *sighs* this show....

Where are Klaus and Jeremy? And now Caroline forgives Elena......of course. Expression! Shane wants Bonnie to do black magic which the other witch said is bad. And now, Shane, somebody else is gonna use Bonnie. SSDD. I thought Julie said Shane wouldn't use Bonnie.
I didn't watch the episode, but i did see Stefan and Damon fighting over Elena.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Passionate Fan

There were some truth bombs from both Elena AND Caroline this episode. Mainly from Caroline, but I did applaud when Elena brought up the fact that C and B always want to hate Damon. It's true. they never seem to notice that he is different from season 1 Damon.

- Uh oh, the whole Bonnie doing magic thing got so much darker all of a sudden! And Shane has most definitely been labeled "BAD"

- I actually found the sire bond stuff to be really interesting this episode. The whole Charlotte storyline was so tragic I can hardly believe it. I blame Damon for doing evil things like killing 12 people, but I don't blame him for either sire bond. He didn't want it, and now we know that he had no idea how to fix it. He was kind of an idiot for believing the witch without testing to see if Charlotte was actually unsired.

- I felt like they were sort of beating us over the head with the whole "Elena's feelings for Damon are all real..only her actions are effected." Yes. We get it. Elena IS falling in love with Damon. But this leads me to my next comment..

- Gah! So did Damon decide not to tell her to stop seeing him? Bad Damon! Don't be so ruled by your emotions! If he chooses to stay with her, I'll be really mad at him..I haven't blamed him for stuff so far, because he didn't know...but now he WILL know, and it'll make everything very creepy. Don't ruin this character, writers!

- I loved all the Stefan/Damon interaction in this episode. I love that Stefan didn't deny that he wants the cure so he can have Elena back to her "factory settings" I liked Stefan a lot in this episode. He was very understanding. He makes me love him when he is fair like that. I just hope Damon doesn't betray his trust. DO WHAT YOU SAID YOU WOULD.

~Katie~
Old 12-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I want to know why Elena thinks Stefan shouldn't know about her and Damon. That annoyed me.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Passionate Fan

She still loves him. I can picture that it would be really hard to tell him, and everyone wants to put off nasty conversations like that. Plus, I can understand that she wants to be the one to tell him, and for him to not hear it second hand from Caroline.

~Katie~
Old 12-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
She still loves him. I can picture that it would be really hard to tell him, and everyone wants to put off nasty conversations like that. Plus, I can understand that she wants to be the one to tell him, and for him to not hear it second hand from Caroline.
Then maybe she should be the one to tell him before putting Caroline in an awkward position like that, she knows they are friends and her caroline are friends. And from the promo I am going to guess that Caroline doesn't listen to Elena in that regard cause Stefan does find out about it.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

I liked this ep.

Nice to hear that Elena had feelings for Damon prior to turning. I always knew she did. and that the SB doesn't effect feelings only actions.

Nice brother bonding.

Caroline was kinda annoying but meh.

Tyler actually interested me in the first in a long while.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 12-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Passionate Fan

For about the millionth time this season already, I again cannot identify with DE'ers that feel that this episode was a "win" for them. OK, so it was good to have it confirmed that the bond only effects actions, not feelings. But that is still a BIG deal. I think most of us knew that Elena already loved Damon, or at least had very strong feelings for him. But what really matters, was that she still chose to be with Stefan.

Choices in life are what make us who we are. If Elena's ability to choose her actions is taken away, her choice is taken away. Until the sire bond can be broken, all the DE scenes we are getting are still tainted. Emotion, even love doesn't = believe it is "worth it" to act on it. Elena already decided that Damon wasn't worth leaving Stefan for. As a DE fan(or DE hopeful would probably be more accurate) I am saying this. If the bond is broken, and she decides to choose Damon then, then that is worth celebrating. This? Not so much.

And in all of this, it looks like Damon is going to do the really selfish thing and decide to stay with Elena. Maybe he won't be sleeping with her, but not telling her to stay away is wrong at this point. He is just going to continue to influence all her decisions, intentional or not. Didn't his run-in with Charlotte open his eyes?! She was a ROBOT. *is intensely frustrated*

If Damon stays with her, IMO, he really is taking advantage of her.

~Katie~
Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Good episode. A few things that lack logic, how can elena not realize that sleeping with someone shortly after dumping his brother is kinda, trashy? Any friend would be disgusted! Why would stefan be so easy to say Damon deserves a chance. Damon is quite selfish with his love for elena and it is quite illogical that stefan would be so easy to support Damon's choices. And ....why is damon following elena at school when stefan is supposed to be there?

IconCredit: KATIEBECKETT
Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
For about the millionth time this season already, I again cannot identify with DE'ers that feel that this episode was a "win" for them. OK, so it was good to have it confirmed that the bond only effects actions, not feelings. But that is still a BIG deal. I think most of us knew that Elena already loved Damon, or at least had very strong feelings for him. But what really matters, was that she still chose to be with Stefan.

Choices in life are what make us who we are. If Elena's ability to choose her actions is taken away, her choice is taken away. Until the sire bond can be broken, all the DE scenes we are getting are still tainted. Emotion, even love doesn't = believe it is "worth it" to act on it. Elena already decided that Damon wasn't worth leaving Stefan for. As a DE fan(or DE hopeful would probably be more accurate) I am saying this. If the bond is broken, and she decides to choose Damon then, then that is worth celebrating. This? Not so much.

And in all of this, it looks like Damon is going to do the really selfish thing and decide to stay with Elena. Maybe he won't be sleeping with her, but not telling her to stay away is wrong at this point. He is just going to continue to influence all her decisions, intentional or not. Didn't his run-in with Charlotte open his eyes?! She was a ROBOT. *is intensely frustrated*

If Damon stays with her, IMO, he really is taking advantage of her.
Wow. now I don't have to type this all up because I agree with everything you said
Old 12-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

By the end of the season I can see damon and elena together, without the sire bond influencing this outcome

IconCredit: KATIEBECKETT